The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By p.opus
  • 1 Post By UntamedRose

Thread: The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......

I supposed it had to happen.

My string of good luck with Innokin products had to come to an end.

I received vape mail today in the form of the MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch.

I was really excited about this product because I was hoping that I would have a nice little holster that could carry my vaping gear and MVP around easily without needing to cart around the ego case I currently use to ferry extra carto's, charging cable and wicking material.

The unit is attractively priced at $16.99 so I was not going to be terribly upset if it didn't work out. Well, I'm sad to say.... it didn't work out....

The unit comes in a nice attractive Innokin box.

The front of the pouch has two straps that secure the MVP or VTR in place with a leather strap and snap to hold the device firm. Unfortunately it's this two piece design that dooms the entire unit.

The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......-imag0433.jpg

While it performs it's function, the two straps make it much too hard to holster the unit. I always catch the corner of my mvp on the bottom strap and it's a real pain to manipulate the MVP to tuck it into the bottom piece. This should have been one piece so that once I slip it into the top, it would just slide down. When it takes more effort to holster the unit than it takes to slip it into your pocket, you know you are in trouble.

The pouch can be unfolded to reveal a "liquid holder" or "carto holder" It is sized to hold a 10ml juice bottle or an innokin 'Ican'. A mini protank fits nicely, but a little loose, and I'm sure some other smaller carto's like the protank 2 would fit ok as well. On the inside is another pouch that you can put in other things such as a charging cord or the like.

The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......-imag0434.jpg

This is a cool feature. The pouch is secured shut by two snaps. The problem lies in the snaps. They are not strong enough to keep the holster closed and one of them can often unsnap. This seems to always happen when you are trying to fiddle with your mod to get it back into the holster.....curse that bottom strap..... Also, the inner pouch is simply just a slit in the leather, and while the slit does have circular "punches" at the end to prevent tearing, I can just see how tearing could become an issue with this eventually.

The back strap doubles as either a belt snap when snapped to the back of the holster or can be unsnapped folded on itself to be a carrying strap. This seems to work fine.

The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......-imag0435.jpg

The main failure of this product is with the weakness of the two snaps and the main pouch. The leather might loosen up so that I don't have to struggle to put my device in the pouch. Also instead of two snaps, I would have preferred a zipper arrangement to keep the unit folded in half.

Overall, this is a good idea....but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Of course your experience may prove different from mine.
    Last edited by p.opus; 01-30-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Ohms Lawbreaker likes this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Pass. Thanks to your review.
    "Everything in excess. Anything worth doing once is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for monks." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for the review!
    gives you what you need, not what you want..,

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Edit out the Offer - not in the classified section.

Sorry to hear it was a fail. To many manufacturers offer nothing at all and of the ones that do, most seem to be an after thought.

Hopefully some idea minded person will produce a specialty piece that does work decent.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Should do a search on etsy. There are some leather artist over there that make some really lovely handmade ones for the MVP
    Yohkos likes this.
    Truthiness: The natural human condition to ignore facts and just go with whats in your gut! Colbert

my husband has one of these and absolutely LOVES it! he uses the inside "slit" for a quick spot for his ID, business cards, etc...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by UntamedRose View Post
    Should do a search on etsy. There are some leather artist over there that make some really lovely handmade ones for the MVP
    I went there and they have some real nice ones. Unfortunately I was also looking for some storage for an extra tank and pouch like the Innokin one has. I just wish they had changed a couple of things.....
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.