5Volt Pass-through ruined my vaping experience! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5Volt Pass-through ruined my vaping experience!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Interesting..... I also cannot verify that it is a True 5V P/T... But I agree, this P/T is definitely a bang for the Buck!

Paging House...... paging Scottbee...
    Last edited by ZERO; 02-13-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran mwahle1's Avatar

Yes, I have been vaping exclusively at 6 volts for a while now; however, I recently received my first order of TV’s Atomic Fireball and it is the first juice that is almost too intense to vape at 6 volts. I actually have been vaping it mainly at 3.7 volts. This stuff is really strong. Everything else I vape at 6 volts.
    Science is fun :)

PV Master ECF Veteran

Heya!

Sorry for the delay.. we were filming....

It's hard to tell (for sure) without testing it what the delivered voltage is. But.... if it uses direct USB power, and it requires over an Amp of current from the USB port (which many/most won't actually put out) then it is probably a true 5V pass-thru.

A lot of it depends on how they handle the current switching. A good MOSFET circuit won't have much voltage drop. Others can drop up to .7V (or more).

Sounds/looks like it is quite a good deal though.

ECF Veteran

Thumbs up

Your insight is much appreciated, Scottbee!

I use my pass through via USB adapter 5V 2000mA wall charger and it's definitely has more flavor and vapor vs. 3.7 stock battery like fiddle reports.

I did try it on a USB (Ipod) car adapter without success (it only blinked?)....

Full Member ECF Veteran

I might have to look into the 5v. My cousin says the same thing. Glad you're it's workin' out for you, Zero.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Your insight is much appreciated, Scottbee!

I use my pass through via USB adapter 5V 2000mA wall charger and it's definitely has more flavor and vapor vs. 3.7 stock battery like fiddle reports.

I did try it on a USB (Ipod) car adapter without success (it only blinked?)....
    That's odd. It definitely should be a powered usb port.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by warbdan View Post
    That's odd. It definitely should be a powered usb port.
    It seems that my IPOD USB car adapter was not rated at 5V and not enough Amps to power the 5V Pass through?

Maybe thats why it just Blinks?
    Last edited by ZERO; 02-14-2010 at 02:38 AM.

I have 3.7, 5, 6, & 7.4 and find that certain atties prefer certain voltages. I have a couple of atties that on 3.7v (eGo or Bartleby) will out perform anything that I have on 5v. I have some HV 510's that do great at 6 & 7.4 volt (GGTS). I have yet to find an atty that impresses me at 5 volt, still looking though. My standard atties range from 1.8 to 3.9 ohms, most coming in around 2.2 ohms, except of course the HV's.

I do find that the higher Mah batteries vape better on the 3.7v units, probably because of decay rate.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Warbdan where did you get your "USB adapter 5V 2000mA wall charger"? There is a site listed here on ECF that sold them for like $1.99 but it looks like they are sold out for good. The only ones I could find were like $12 or more plus shipping. Just looking for the best deal as always.

I also own the 5v 510 PT and I love it as well. Whatever the voltage may actually be it doesn't matter to me at all. Nice thick glorious clouds of vapor greatness! Funny thing though. I have a powered usb hub that puts out 500ma per port up to 4 powered devices at once. The 5v PT does not work on this hub which is what I expected. So why does the 5v PT work when hooked directly on to my computers usb port? I thought pc usb's were only supposed to put out 500ma each as well. This just makes me nervous sucking this much power out of my usb port. I have read where doing this can crash your motherboard or burn out your pc's power supply. This is why I am going to get a wall adapter. Better safe than sorry.

FYI -I also own the in-line battery type PT that I got a few weeks back from heaven-gifts for only $11. This uses a small 320 mAh battery to keep the charge. I have to say this thing is no slouch either. This thing killed regular batteries for me weeks before I even got my 5v. This PT lies somewhere between regular batts and the 5v PT. Still great clouds just not quite as warm or as quick as the 5v. It will get very hot if you draw long enough though. You can also unplug it and carry it around the house and it will keep a charge for hours if need be. That's one feature the 5v does not provide. It also works on my 500ma usb hub and no concerns when plugging direct to pc. It will be a great backup once I get the wall adapter for the 5v.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast