Oh, NOOOooo!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oh, NOOOooo!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Oh, NOOOooo!

I'm sad today. I have been vaping so much AVE Gorilla juice I can't taste is anymore.
    Guess I have to switch flavors (Bees Knees, Cravelope, Hype & Christy's Cappuccino) for a few days and see. Anyone ever have this problem?
    Provari P3 | Aero Tank Mega | Nautilus
    Smoke free since: 09/06/2012

Super Member ECF Veteran tricci's Avatar

Hey! Yeah, happens to me with all my favorite juices. Rotating flavors works,
    LP Reo Grand w/ RM2, Svoemesto Semovar V3 w/ Kayfun 3.1 ES, Green Ihybrid Pure, Infinite Copper Stingray LE w/ Ehpro Atomic RDA...

Moved On Verified Member

I had this problem for the longest time, and I nearly gave up on my favorite juices, that is until I started dripping. A good atty will keep the flavor alive better than anything. Rotating flavors is also a good habit, such as a good fruit juice to create a contrast.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

It is called sense normalization and can occur with any of our senses that get continuous and repeat information. Ever had loud music in the work place and by the end of the day realized you had "tuned it out"? Sense normalization. Ever torn a cuticle and had it hurt like a ***** but then later, not so much (sans meds)? Sense normalization.

The easiest and best way to combat this is by switching it up. Want to tune back into the music? Change the song. Want to taste the flavor again, try another flavor for awhile then revisit.
    ckone180 likes this.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

ECF Veteran

Never noticed it with sounds, I think a better example would be with smells. Ever sit in a room or a house that smells really bad when you walk in, or smells like food? After a while the smell gets dulled out to your senses but when you leave for a bit and come back the smell is still there.

That's how I look at it, this especially makes sense since taste and smell go hand in hand.

ECF Veteran

Thanks all! I'm just sad because I love Gorilla juice so much. When I first started loosing the taste I thought my coil/wick went bad or something. Guess I'll have to set it aside for a bit to steep while I try my other AVE juices that recently came in.
    Provari P3 | Aero Tank Mega | Nautilus
    Smoke free since: 09/06/2012

Full Member Verified Member Lakus's Avatar

Good to see I'm not the only one with this "problem". I found a solution that works well for me is to vape something minty at work so that when I come home to my Cinnamon Rolls juice I haven't vaped anything that tastes even remotely like it all day. Works every time.

Moved On Verified Member

I have only experienced this with BB and GJ. No other juice I have vaped loses its flavor this way. There is something about the chemistry of this juice, and I just dont believe it is caused by becoming desensitized, unless this condition is somehow specific to this juice, which again would be the result of the chemistry.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jermania View Post
    I have only experienced this with BB and GJ. No other juice I have vaped loses its flavor this way. There is something about the chemistry of this juice, and I just dont believe it is caused by becoming desensitized, unless this condition is somehow specific to this juice, which again would be the result of the chemistry.
    The chemistry is very simple and follows the same recipe as other juices. We do tend to add more flavoring than most providers, this may exacerbate or quicken the issue.

There is some testing I can do to monitor VG and PG differences, and additional or less flavoring. I'll give it a look but my "horse sense" is telling me that the recipes are simple enough that this isn't the case. However, I am always open to being wrong, hell, I thrive on learning. I will give it a good look. Drop me a help desk ticket on the website and I can give you updates on what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewGrimey View Post
    Never noticed it with sounds, I think a better example would be with smells. Ever sit in a room or a house that smells really bad when you walk in, or smells like food? After a while the smell gets dulled out to your senses but when you leave for a bit and come back the smell is still there.

That's how I look at it, this especially makes sense since taste and smell go hand in hand.
    My wife will never get this with sounds either, she is hyper sensitive to sensory input (this is a very common occurrence today). One time a therapist put her on a bio-feedback machine, a machine that makes a sound to alert you when you get anxious or stressed. Well, the sound was stressing her out in the end, and this is actually where I started learning about this.

It's fairly hard to eliminate annoying lights, smells, and sounds from every part of your house LOL... just think about it.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

Moved On Verified Member

Well no, that is not necessary. I am not complaining by any means, I just find it very interesting. Even when I am not tasting the juice, I still prefer it over any others. Actually I think you may have nailed it with the VG/PG ratio hypothesis. I do not know of any other juice out there that is 100%VG, that I have tried anyways. I hope that is not the case, because I absolutely the rich texture of VG. More importantly here, is that many people love this juice, and I wouldnt be so quick to make any drastic changes. My most recent order, which should arrive today has the flavor bump, I will report back how that goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast