Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Buyers beware!! alienvapors.com

Dude you're close enough to TP his house!

I'm kidding, of course. But I do agree that this is a situation that needs to be better publicized, and ECF is the best place to do it, being the single biggest gathering of vapers anywhere.

If I was running AVE, I'd be tempted to sue, except that it would risk putting the vaping industry more into the limelight, which could potentially accelerate the various government agencies paying attention, and screwing everything up as they inevitably do. I feel that before too long, the situation we have now of nearly unlimited choices in inexpensive, high-quality juices and hardware will be longingly thought of as the "salad days", or the "halcyon days", before the regulators got involved and ruined it.

Default Not everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by mogium View Post
    Everyone knows ave is the makers of those juices i'd hate to get the rip offs
    Not everyone knows this, especially newbs like me. I just accidentally ordered from Alien Vapor thinking they made the original Boba's. Unfortunately they do not cancel orders.

Super Member Verified Member SilverZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TanukiXL View Post
    Not everyone knows this, especially newbs like me. I just accidentally ordered from Alien Vapor thinking they made the original Boba's. Unfortunately they do not cancel orders.
    There's a reason for that. If everyone who ordered their version of BB found out they ordered from the wrong site after clicking the Confirm button they wouldn't make any money.

I ordered from them before...I liked the extra flavoring...I was getting ready to order butterscotch with extra flavor...Even though I was not ripped in my opinion I rather not support a site that is stealing ideas/ passing off fakes. I'll hold off ordering from them..I will go with my vapor God..I'll get more for less $$ anyway. IS there other sites that have extra flavor as an option?
    Last edited by penguinfan; 09-09-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Mount baker vapor does, and i'm sure many others do.

I wish to retract my previous review of these e juices after learning more about the dubious nature of the person behind Alien Vapors. In retrospect I think I was trying to salvage some modicum of pleasure from my purchase since I wasn't able to cancel my order. Scary.
    Last edited by TanukiXL; 09-13-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Changed opinion. Don't be duped and don't use this juice.

Holy crap, dreams come true! Just checked AVE and Boba's is back in stock. Ordered two huge bottles and a couple other flavors to try. Can't wait to do a side by side comparison!

Yeah I know. Buyer be ware!! Fool me once...

I was able to order real Boba's several weeks ago (in the afternoon) with no problems. I'm already almost halfway through it. It seems the expansion at AVE is working out. I also ordered their Havana Gold, which after 2 weeks of steeping is excellent.

We've actually seen a positive review of Alienvapors juice. I guess taste really is subjective. Maybe that....person who runs alienvapors is putting some effort in, who knows? He still won't getting another cent from me. I'm a forgiving person...but not that forgiving. I know everybody's got to make a living, but come on....
    SilverZero likes this.

Vapemail Connoisseur Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TanukiXL View Post
    So I was duped by this company (Alien Vapors) as I too was on a quest for the famed Boba's Bounty. Knowing how highly regarded this juice was I quickly placed an order for their largest bottle as well as to normal sized one's for Spiced Rum and Kentucky Bourbon as I have not seen many sites with these flavors. A half-hour later I stumbled upon this thread. I requested a cancellation of my order by email but was told it was already in processing and that it would soon be shipped to me. It came in the mail today and I figured what the heck. I'll give them a try. The big bottle of Boba's looked a bit scary as it was a nondescript plastic bottle with the top secured with some odd white plastic wrapping and a sticker slapped on the side. It was thick and dark and my first thought was this is someone's home recipe of a marinade for grilling.

While I think the intentional copying of someone's product without labelling it a "clone" (which would be very apropos as we're talking about the Fett family here) I have to say its not bad. It's fresh and can use a bit of steeping but I can see this being very good. I wish I had a bottle of the real thing to compare it to but it has all of the characteristics I've been reading about--especially the slight vinegar aftertaste and subtle sweetness contrasting with a bit of pungency. Its gentle and complex and as I vape it more I am picking out new nuances. Every once and a while a herbal note peaks through. Did they reformulate? Did they buy out AVE (they haven't been selling for a while now.) I don't know. I'm just glad my money is not entirely lost.

The other two taste just as their name describes. I was expecting the spiced rum to be full and rounded like Captain Morgan's but it's a bit more narrow and straightforward in flavor thus far. I get a strong spiced throat hit which ebbs into a subtle rum flavor finishing with the warmth of a good, rich cinnamon. I think it would be excellent rounded out with a little vanilla. The bourbon tastes like the warm exhale after throwing down a belt of sour mash leaving a familiar dull heat in the pit of my stomach.

Strangely all seem to be of decent quality and satisfying in flavor. Still, I can't wait to get a bottle of the real thing for comparison side by side.
    Go back and read my post, google the guys name and then come back and say you would feel safe ingesting anything this guy is peddling.
    SilverZero and TanukiXL like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast