Has Bobas taste changed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 284
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Has Bobas taste changed?

  1. #11
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    This is a stickler for me, and here's why: We will never change the recipe(flavor) of a e-liquid. If a change occurs we would rather rename the new flavor (since that what it is) then call it by another name. However, that information aside. We will not change the flavor of any recipe. (this leads back to the earlier point)

    Keep in mind that more goes into the effect you experience than the e-liquid alone. Voltage, resistance, design of your device, materials used, etc. all play more than a minimal role in the flavor and effect you receive.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

  2. #12
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    95

    Default

    It's is my first bottle tried. Have been vaping it right out of the mailbox and its THE BOMB!! I will be placing a 100 ml order next week and I've heard it gets better steeped. WHOA MOMMA! Can't wait for that! I really want to try the gorilla juice but I'm not sure that I'd like banana flavor :/ So maybe ill just stick with the Boba's

  3. #13
    pif moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Mr.Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    14,505
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porphy View Post
    This is a stickler for me, and here's why: We will never change the recipe(flavor) of a e-liquid. If a change occurs we would rather rename the new flavor (since that what it is) then call it by another name. However, that information aside. We will not change the flavor of any recipe. (this leads back to the earlier point)

    Keep in mind that more goes into the effect you experience than the e-liquid alone. Voltage, resistance, design of your device, materials used, etc. all play more than a minimal role in the flavor and effect you receive.
    I get this; I totally get this. However, and I do not refute your position on this, but when I tasted Boba's before, I tasted what seemed to me to be a natural tobacco base (I PMed you about this, but never heard back) and now when I taste Boba's, I get a heavy dose of Gamel (not saying that Gamel is not a natural tobacco base, but it is quite distinct and impossible to hide--even in costume). Now, the interesting thing is that I can deal with Gamel and all of its briny, vinegar like taste (I dig it); but with Boba's, it ("it" meaning the other flavor that makes Boba's, Boba's) doesn't fair well (to me) against the backdrop of that base. It just can't compete.

    I have been vaping now since 2010 and for the past 2 years I have used the same mod, the same attys (same brand and resistance), and the same watts (res/voltage). Hell, I even use the same drip tips. LOL. I said all that to say that if you say you haven't changed anything about Boba's since it's inception, then I take you word for it; but take my for it when I say this liquid does not taste the same as it did (I first had it early last year and have had some since). Yes, the top of Boba's is the same, but the bottom (base) does not taste the same at all.
    bigwill860, BentWookie and EzFreee like this.


  4. #14
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Same problem for me
    Extra flavor can be the problem ?

  5. #15
    Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    I get this; I totally get this. However, and I do not refute your position on this, but when I tasted Boba's before, I tasted what seemed to me to be a natural tobacco base (I PMed you about this, but never heard back) and now when I taste Boba's, I get a heavy dose of Gamel (not saying that Gamel is not a natural tobacco base, but it is quite distinct and impossible to hide--even in costume). Now, the interesting thing is that I can deal with Gamel and all of its briny, vinegar like taste (I dig it); but with Boba's, it ("it" meaning the other flavor that makes Boba's, Boba's) doesn't fair well (to me) against the backdrop of that base. It just can't compete.

    I have been vaping now since 2010 and for the past 2 years I have used the same mod, the same attys (same brand and resistance), and the same watts (res/voltage). Hell, I even use the same drip tips. LOL. I said all that to say that if you say you haven't changed anything about Boba's since it's inception, then I take you word for it; but take my for it when I say this liquid does not taste the same as it did (I first had it early last year and have had some since). Yes, the top of Boba's is the same, but the bottom (base) does not taste the same at all.
    i agree with you completely, when i first tasted boba it was at 6mg(no flavor bump) and tasted heavenly.. and 2nd time i ordered was @ 12mg.... it smelled like bobas but tasted was little off... i thought it was the 12mg that was making the difference and ordered 6mg. it was getting close to what i had it first but was still just a little bit off. Maybe extra flavor bump would make it but until AVE sort this out, i wont be ordering it again.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ECF Veteran ph0kused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA, USA
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

    Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

    Same great taste.

    However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great

    Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.
    andyman97 likes this.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Greenville, PA
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1127 View Post
    Been the same for me however GJ tastes a little off
    Same here, man. I don't even think its a little off. It's way off to what I've had in the past. I have some 100mL bottles steeping right now, tho. Been in the drawer for 9 days now. I want to try it so darn bad, but I'm just goin to let it sit for another week or two. Ppl are saying 3-4 wks of steeping time to get that taste we are all accustomed to.

  8. #18
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    steven445's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    Went back to cotton and it tastes great. My tastebuds must have been fubar. Actually its awesome now. Needed some time i guess
    How are you getting the cotton to not burn with the Bobas?
    Every time I tried a rolled cotton wick with Bobas it turns the wick really dark really quick.

  9. #19
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    BentWookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area CA USA
    Posts
    361

    Default

    I completely agree Mr.Mann. After receiving my order from the test opening it did not taste the same as my prior reserves. I did not want to say anything until I received an order of flavor bumped Boba's since the first order was not flavor bumped. I then compared the two and neither one quite matched my prior reserve. I then let the flavor bumped bobas steep a couple weeks and it is still not the same (to me). I am missing some of what people describe as the "graham cracker" flavor and getting more fruity notes than I am accustomed to. I am not implying there was any change in the recipe but it is my belief that something definitely has changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    I get this; I totally get this. However, and I do not refute your position on this, but when I tasted Boba's before, I tasted what seemed to me to be a natural tobacco base (I PMed you about this, but never heard back) and now when I taste Boba's, I get a heavy dose of Gamel (not saying that Gamel is not a natural tobacco base, but it is quite distinct and impossible to hide--even in costume). Now, the interesting thing is that I can deal with Gamel and all of its briny, vinegar like taste (I dig it); but with Boba's, it ("it" meaning the other flavor that makes Boba's, Boba's) doesn't fair well (to me) against the backdrop of that base. It just can't compete.

    I have been vaping now since 2010 and for the past 2 years I have used the same mod, the same attys (same brand and resistance), and the same watts (res/voltage). Hell, I even use the same drip tips. LOL. I said all that to say that if you say you haven't changed anything about Boba's since it's inception, then I take you word for it; but take my for it when I say this liquid does not taste the same as it did (I first had it early last year and have had some since). Yes, the top of Boba's is the same, but the bottom (base) does not taste the same at all.
    Mr.Mann likes this.

  10. #20
    pif moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Mr.Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    14,505
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BentWookie View Post
    I completely agree Mr.Mann. After receiving my order from the test opening it did not taste the same as my prior reserves. I did not want to say anything until I received an order of flavor bumped Boba's since the first order was not flavor bumped. I then compared the two and neither one quite matched my prior reserve. I then let the flavor bumped bobas steep a couple weeks and it is still not the same (to me). I am missing some of what people describe as the "graham cracker" flavor and getting more fruity notes than I am accustomed to. I am not implying there was any change in the recipe but it is my belief that something definitely has changed.
    I kept mine for awhile and it stayed the same. Gamel is a reorder for me. However, I do NOT recommend that juice as it is one funky ... liquid. But I love it! (No joke, I love it.)


Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread