Has Bobas taste changed? - Page 3
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Has Bobas taste changed?

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ph0kused View Post
    Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

Same great taste.

However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great

Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.
    I definitely got more of a honey flavor out of my new, not quite as steeped bottles. It's back to normal at this point. I only order 100 mil bottles and what I typically do is shake up my 100 mil bottle and transfer 30 mils to another daily use bottle at a time. The flavor changes with time, no doubt about it.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    I definitely got more of a honey flavor out of my new, not quite as steeped bottles. It's back to normal at this point. I only order 100 mil bottles and what I typically do is shake up my 100 mil bottle and transfer 30 mils to another daily use bottle at a time. The flavor changes with time, no doubt about it.
    When did you get it? I got some maybe couple of weeks ago. Has that raisiny flavor that people mentioned. Maybe I got to order some more if I can get more of a honey flavor.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't think that's going to help you. Ben really hasn't changed the recipe. Sometimes, Boba's just tastes different to me and some notes come through stronger than others. I've been vaping it for almost two years and I still get differences in the flavor from day to day. That's what I love about it.

There are those out there who think it just tastes like raisins...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    There are those out there who think it just tastes like raisins...
    Just some notes of raisins as others have stated. I really like it and I am sure after some time steeping I will like it even more.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You guys are tempting me. I have a couple hundred mils steeping since first week of June. I'm dying to find out what they taste like.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BentWookie View Post
    You guys are tempting me. I have a couple hundred mils steeping since first week of June. I'm dying to find out what they taste like.
    Dude what are you waiting. Don't deprive yourself any longer. Steal a bit of that juice and and vape away. Cheers
    Last edited by xtreme101; 08-08-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    BentWookie and ph0kused like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran ph0kused's Avatar

I'm a huge AVE supporter / fan.

However I purchased around 90 ml in June, loved it. Honey tobacco / graham crackery taste.

Then I made my first "big" purchase - 200ml (2 big bottles)

i vaped some right away, tasted no honey, just tobacco... reminded me of the cig-look-a-likes general tobacco cartridges... nothing exciting at all about it.

So then I steeped it w/ caps on, shaking every day.

nothing...

it's been 14 days and it's stayed the exact same. On my early june order, I didn't even steep it because it tasted so delicious right out of the mailbox. So i submitted a ticket yesterday, Ben was nice enough to offer to switch out my bottles for me... I hate being one of "those" customers, but I have to say the flavor shift was dramatic to say the least. My june order was placed right before AVE went out of stock for a month!

Then when they were back in stock, I was first in line - that's when it changed. No complaints here, as I know if anyone could resolve it, it's AVE. My juice delivery device has remained the same. For the last 6 months I've been using 2 devices only.

I use an eVic w/ vivi nova 1.8 ohm heads (new ones have been bought, but still the same.)

I also use a k100 w/ nimbus running dual coils coming out around .6 - .8 ohms depending (silica wicks) Also have 3/32 air holes drilled out.

So with my PV and my mech mod I can't even get a remote hint of honey... just straight tobacco. After I get my bottles switched out and steeped, I will post an update for you guys.
    EzFreee likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran ph0kused's Avatar

Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

Same great taste.

However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great

Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.
    This post was referring to my June order that I steeped... I got that amazing honey graham cracker taste... my order I received 2 weeks ago tastes like a different juice all together...

Like I mentioned in my previous post - Ben offered to switch it out for a different batch for me. Such a great guy!

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

This post was referring to my June order that I steeped... I got that amazing honey graham cracker taste... my order I received 2 weeks ago tastes like a different juice all together...

Like I mentioned in my previous post - Ben offered to switch it out for a different batch for me. Such a great guy!
    I agree. I think Ben is truly a stand-up guy, but I do wonder what could possibly be his reasoning for switching it out if there is nothing wrong, or different, from batch to batch; after all, he is a "sticker" about that sort of thing. If there was in fact something wrong with that batch, wouldn't that mean that everyone that ordered from that batch should be told, "hey, everyone, there is something wrong with this batch; we will get you replacements out." I am not trying to be snarky, but my last order, as I've spoken about, tastes like the maker combined the tops notes of Boba's (Boba flavoring) with the base of Gamel (vinegar). What gives? Are the batches different or not? Or, is this a case where Ben will just do his best to satisfy a customer even though he is sending them the same juice, even if it is from a different batch? Why would one batch be different from another? And why send a replacement if it is the exact same juice?
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran buffaloguy's Avatar

Im not sure what Bobas tasted like before, my first order was monday and I recieved it today. I am primarialy a DIY juice guy bit bobas is so hyped I figured Id try it. I work only in VG and pg is reserved for flavorings containing it only. Any more than 20% PG in a juice and I get crushing headaches. I know the taste of PG VERY VERY well when I get it. To me PG tastes stale.

This Bobas has a, to me, very stale PG taste to it. I had assumed Bobas was 100% VG from what others have said. I get no graham craker. I get tobacco absolute, gingerbread, and maybe... maybe a little chocolate or cherry. I cant tell cause of that stale PG flavor.

Im gonna let it steep but I vaped 2ml of the 18ml I bought Monday, arried today, and I do have a bad headache now which says something isnt right.

Maybe I just got bad info about what Bobas is/was comprised of?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast