Has Bobas taste changed? - Page 4
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Has Bobas taste changed?

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Boba's is and has always been 100% VG, there is no PG in that juice. Ben also suffers certain allergies to PG.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran buffaloguy's Avatar

well my bottle label says it has PG. In fact its the third listed ingredient on the label.
    ph0kused likes this.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloguy View Post
    well my bottle label says it has PG. In fact its the third listed ingredient on the label.
    Wow.
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thats crazy. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I am tasting gamel and vinegar...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    I agree. I think Ben is truly a stand-up guy, but I do wonder what could possibly be his reasoning for switching it out if there is nothing wrong, or different, from batch to batch; after all, he is a "sticker" about that sort of thing. If there was in fact something wrong with that batch, wouldn't that mean that everyone that ordered from that batch should be told, "hey, everyone, there is something wrong with this batch; we will get you replacements out." I am not trying to be snarky, but my last order, as I've spoken about, tastes like the maker combined the tops notes of Boba's (Boba flavoring) with the base of Gamel (vinegar). What gives? Are the batches different or not? Or, is this a case where Ben will just do his best to satisfy a customer even though he is sending them the same juice, even if it is from a different batch? Why would one batch be different from another? And why send a replacement if it is the exact same juice?

ECF Veteran

Wow indeed. If the label is accurate then that is something new...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    Wow.
    Mr.Mann and ph0kused like this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

The label isn't accurate. Hmm, they were intended to be a catch-all by listing all the ingredients in all of our e-liquids. I'll have to get them redone to say "may contain" in the next batch. We'll have to keep using them until this initial run of labels is done... so a month or so.

The only liquids in our line-up that contain PG are labeled "PG <name>", e.g.- PG Hype, PG Chai. We try to stay PG-free and we don't change our recipes. We made the business to cater to the community's need for PG-free and PG-lite products.
    ~Shado~, Killjoy1 and SilverZero like this.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy View Post
    I'll have to get them redone to say "may contain" in the next batch.
    I haven't yet seen the new labels, but that sounds like the best option since you want a single catch-all ingredient list for all of them. I've seen it on some other vendors' juices that have the "may contain" or "contains some or all of the following" header on them.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Ultra Member ECF Veteran buffaloguy's Avatar

Porphy did take the time to explain this to me on another thread which I appreciate. While I understand the idea of a catch all kind of label and agree economically that its the best way to go, it can ve very confusing for some. As consumers we kind of expect whats on the label to be in the product. Accuracy in labeling will likely also be one of those things the FDA is going to get bitchy about whenever they decide to do whatever they want to do on ecigs/liquids.

I like the design of the labels but I still think only the ingredients in the bottle itself should be on the label. The ingredients should be listed on the product pages themselves too. As for bottles, That would require individual labels for each product line tho and that can be cost prohibitive so I do understand the logic Ave used as a company. I dont agree with it... but I do understand it and thank them for taking the time to explain.

I still dont believe 100% totally vg juice is even possible (100% PG free maybe) but thats a debate for another day... lol. Thanks again Porphy.

ECF Veteran

Well even the VG I use for DIY is only 99.9% VG
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloguy View Post
    Porphy did take the time to explain this to me on another thread which I appreciate. While I understand the idea of a catch all kind of label and agree economically that its the best way to go, it can ve very confusing for some. As consumers we kind of expect whats on the label to be in the product. Accuracy in labeling will likely also be one of those things the FDA is going to get bitchy about whenever they decide to do whatever they want to do on ecigs/liquids.

I like the design of the labels but I still think only the ingredients in the bottle itself should be on the label. The ingredients should be listed on the product pages themselves too. As for bottles, That would require individual labels for each product line tho and that can be cost prohibitive so I do understand the logic Ave used as a company. I dont agree with it... but I do understand it and thank them for taking the time to explain.

I still dont believe 100% totally vg juice is even possible (100% PG free maybe) but thats a debate for another day... lol. Thanks again Porphy.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

Correct, 100% PG free would be the better way to describe it, and I've used those exact words before. However, at THAT time there was confusion as well.

As for labels on what we consume, that's a different and much longer conversation. On our product however, there are so few ingredients that it is cost effective and time saving to have them all listed. I wasn't trying to confuse anyone, my thoughts were simple and pragmatically focused. I'll get them changed with the next set to say "may contain".
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast