Has Bobas taste changed?
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Has Bobas taste changed?

Default Has Bobas taste changed?

I don't know but this batch of bobas has a sour taste to me and i have usually loved it out of the bottle from the start. Any of you knotice a change or is it just me have tried all different delivery methods. I have this one steeping for a week and it seems worse. I' bummed

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

My 100 ml bottle took about 3 weeks of steeping before it's premium taste came out.

Super Member ECF Veteran nicetucu's Avatar

well I guess you have the original batch before they ran out right? If so than no...tastes the same to me out of a 30ml bottle from the start.

I purchased two bottles 30ml 24mg of BB and GJ and they both taste the same to me.... ordered them the 3rd or 4th soft open (when the randomly opened in early june). Is it a 100ml bottle? did you ask for a flavor shot? my two cents.

Hmm after thinking about this problem. I just took an atti on my reo and fired it up. No sour taste. I have been using cotton wicks in my rba and maybe it was causing the wonky taste So I whipped up a wick with some good old silica and tastes good now. Maybe it was the cotton I was using. Don't know? Maybe my tastebuds are out of wack lately
    Oh and no flavor bump
    unloaded likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Oh no, not the dreaded "Taste Duds"! LOL!
    To find a friend is sometimes easy as to pour a drink, but even harder is to separate the good from those that stink.
    The definition of irony is that change is the only true constant.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I must admit I was a little concerned hearing posts of BB taste changing and my bottle from a few weeks ago didn't taste quite right when fresh outta the mailbox. BUT . . . a couple weeks later it is tasting just fine and like I remember, so I guess it just needed a little steeping, first. Funny, 'cos I usually haven't bothered to in the past, but since it's all good now I got nothing to complain about
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Well I have been without it for so long maybe these other juices I have been using messed up my tastebuds.
    Update: Things are back to normal with the silica. I'm gonna have to investigate the cotton with this juice. Maybe it was contaminated somehow seeing they were just cotton balls for my wife's makeup. Shes Gonna Pay!!

Been the same for me however GJ tastes a little off
    Last edited by Lucky1127; 07-13-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    The Don Mega likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been vaping out of same 100ml bottle for a while and tried rolled cotton wick a week or so ago. The flavor changed drastically. I think the cotton filters out the solids and makes it taste way off. Also if you notice your cotton is black after about 1ml, that's the solids caught in it not making it to the coil. Silica or Nextel doesn't do this. I went back to 1/32" Nextel in my micro coils and its heaven every since. The cotton does work nice on clearer juices though.
    Torqueguy and mackman like this.
    ​Squonk if you're Horny!

Went back to cotton and it tastes great. My tastebuds must have been fubar. Actually its awesome now. Needed some time i guess

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast