Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices......

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rymarski View Post
    Chiwen I definitely know what you mean. Boba's and Gorilla are coil killers. They gunk up anything super fast and if your using SS mesh in an RBA such as a genesis where tilting is a must, the darkening will drive you crazy.

My suggestion to you with the reo is a micro coil and cotton wick. If you are using this setup what I usually do is a dry burn every night or every other night. I was worried about the darkened juice falling down into the fresh bottle, but so far this has not been the case. Usually i'm running a 8-9 wrap micro with organic cotton. Make sure to put in as little cotton as possible, because the more you stuff in there the longer the juice will pool on the top and cause darkening.

Out of all the setups I have had, a micro coil with cotton on the rm2 has been the most optimal setup for vaping Boba's or Gorilla. This juice is heaven's nectar, so thus the reason as to the complications it causes on any device .
    You know, I have tons of wick materials in my box, got a bunch of samples from a fellow reonaut. I always thought about wicking the rm2 with cotton but I didn't think it would make a difference. Now I got something to do lol.

Thanks for the tip, I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Happy turkey day everyone.

Manny

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    kevin666 and Wookie1 like this.
    Vaping on: Reo mini 2.1/Reomizer 2.0

ECF Veteran

I use the REO/rm2 and have found I get much better flavor if I use a bed of cotton that the coil sits in rather than putting the cotton through the center of the coil. My current setup is actually 2 coils. One is in the standard position, the second is above the first, and back just slightly. I have a little ball of cotton pushed up against both coils. Plenty of vapor and flavor. I also have the airhole slightly opened up more,
    Wookie1 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member mackman's Avatar

I know I'm a little late to this party (post) but I use Boba's GJ and Havana Gold in cartos, rebuildables, tanks, clearos everything with no problems whatsoever.
    Wookie1 likes this.

Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been

Senior Member ECF Veteran dmatrix7's Avatar

protanks here with both floater wicks removed and most the time a portion of the main wick. Wicks good but after a couple weeks it gets all gunked up so I replace the coil and all is good again.

Anybody know what the creator of these juices uses as his setup?

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure Ben's an avid Reo user, but I don't know what he runs on top
    Porphy likes this.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

I've bought many mods over the years. Here are the two I'll always buy, not because they break, but because I can hand off my still-functioning older models. I've had little to no issue with either mod maker and nothing of note on the mods themselves:

REO (Grand, VV, VV Grand, Mini, woods and metal) - Rob has engineered a great mod for handling just about any juice situation.

ProVari (Original upto the newest) - Between my wife and I we've bought 6 ProVari mods, the two newest we use while the previous 4 were handed off to fellow vapers in need.

These two products spit in the face of planned obsolescence by returning to older values of craftsmanship (durability, intelligent engineering with the end-user in mind, quality materials)

My trust in products, when I first get them, is thin. It takes a few years of hassle-free operation to engender a review like this from someone as picky as myself.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I agree. I'm pretty sure that REO Grands will be found fossilized in dirt and ash 2,000 years from now.
    Chiwen likes this.

I'm the cook. I'm the man who killed Gus Fring. Now, say my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy View Post
    I've bought many mods over the years. Here are the two I'll always buy, not because they break, but because I can hand off my still-functioning older models. I've had little to no issue with either mod maker and nothing of note on the mods themselves:

REO (Grand, VV, VV Grand, Mini, woods and metal) - Rob has engineered a great mod for handling just about any juice situation.

ProVari (Original upto the newest) - Between my wife and I we've bought 6 ProVari mods, the two newest we use while the previous 4 were handed off to fellow vapers in need.

These two products spit in the face of planned obsolescence by returning to older values of craftsmanship (durability, intelligent engineering with the end-user in mind, quality materials)

My trust in products, when I first get them, is thin. It takes a few years of hassle-free operation to engender a review like this from someone as picky as myself.
    Any other types of equipment you preferred using along the way to those beasts though? I mean, I guess I'm asking if you used anything more simply that seemed to work great like boge cartomizers or evods, etc.

Ultra Member Verified Member

Sticking my nose in here as I just won a bottle through a contest here. Will be my first taste of Boba's, though I've read a lot about it.

I've got EVOD tanks and a Vivi Nova (either of these better than the other? I'm thinking the EVOD, since a top coil would be even slower to wick), on an iTaste MVP 2.0. I'm fairly new to this, so I'm not building my own coils. I'm wondering if adding just a little PG to the juice will help it wick on a BCC? Anyone try this? Or is the mere suggestion of that some sort of heresy?

Any tips would be welcome. I'm pumped to try it, but reading this and other threads has me in fear of a pile of dead coils.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast