Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices......

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A little PG could work, but just a few drops of distilled water would probably do a better job of thinning it. Just go a little at a time if you do, though, 'cos you can always try to thin it a little more if it's not enough whereas you can't undo it if you add too much
    Wookie1 likes this.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

May try that, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
    Wookie1 likes this.

I find GJ works well in my SnP tank with Boge laser slotted carto and Bobas is amazing in my Russian91 with a 1.5 ish coil and cotton. As a matter of fact, i've gone weeks with the Russian setup and had no need to change the coil or cotton. Lost the o-ring for the chimney and have been searching the web for a replacement for 2 weeks now

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie1 View Post
    Greetings Everyone!

In your opinions which hardware do you think works best when vaping E-Liquids that are 100% VG Based, in tanks like Kanger, Evod, Protank, etc. Does 100% VG E-Juices wick well with any of these tanks?
    It really Depends on the e-Liquid.

Some 100% VG e-Liquids are Very Thick. Some, not so Much.

If you have a 100% VG e-Liquid that Doesn't Wick well, try adding a Drop or Two of Vodka or PGA to it. Or, what Many People use, good Old Fashion Water.

You be Surprised how Little it takes to Thin an e-Liquid. And how there is No Real Drop in Flavor. Some even say that their e-Liquids Taste Better after a Few Drops of Water is Added.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and Wookie1 like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Wookie1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    It really Depends on the e-Liquid.

Some 100% VG e-Liquids are Very Thick. Some, not so Much.

If you have a 100% VG e-Liquid that Doesn't Wick well, try adding a Drop or Two of Vodka or PGA to it. Or, what Many People use, good Old Fashion Water.

You be Surprised how Little it takes to Thin an e-Liquid. And how there is No Real Drop in Flavor. Some even say that their e-Liquids Taste Better after a Few Drops of Water is Added.
    Thank you
    zoiDman likes this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie1 View Post
    Thank you
    No Problem.

Let us know How things Turn Out.

Super Member ECF Veteran chose2live's Avatar

My go to for out and about is my Reo grand with lr atomizer,reliable failsafe mechanical mod that is robust and compact.Great with gorilla.
    I also use gorilla in my v1 provari with kanger protank2 and have no problems.
    At the pc i have the old Darwin on pass through to drip or carto. Its great because i just set the wattage and can throw on anything and get the same vape. Great way to use up redundant atomizers or cartos heh.

Gorilla is my main vape. Being able to drip at the pc i occasionally take a hit of menthol or cinammon or whatever but even so that bottle of gorilla is always at hand too! lol.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I get the best results from a carto tank with a 3ohm Smoketech laser drilled, 2 hole flanged XL carto in a normal standard sized Phiniac tank.

I think the extra surface area on the larger carto helps with wicking and keeping it saturated.

If I were using GJ or Bobas I'd probably go with 3 holes.Ive used two in the past and the carto doesnt typically last as long (typically I get 2-3 weeks using Hype) with these thicker juices.

Every single clearo tank Ive tried with high VG juices has been muted in flavor compared to the setup above, though I will say that the Protank wth its bottom coil is better than any other clearo Ive tried when it comes to wicking and flavor.
    Last edited by zapped; 03-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Works good with Modded VTR and clone Kayfun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123