Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices......

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Wookie1's Avatar

Default Vaping 100% VG Based E-Juices......

Greetings Everyone!

In your opinions which hardware do you think works best when vaping E-Liquids that are 100% VG Based, in tanks like Kanger, Evod, Protank, etc. Does 100% VG E-Juices wick well with any of these tanks?
    fetalisk likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Kahuna Cowboy's Avatar

It's real hit or miss for me. Boba's for instance HATES my Protanks but does not mind my Aspire BDC's.

I find the best vape for high VG juices to be either my carto (Boge LR laser slotted) tanks or my RBA's with a mico coil set up.
    Wookie1 and Utew like this.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've had good results with the Aspire BDC's with Boba's and Strawberry Cooler, but I haven't got too much recent experience with other store-bought atty/carto/clearo types. Clearomizers with a top-coil design tend to not work well unless modified in my experience and bottom-coil ones are hit or miss, in general (for example, the Vapeonly BCC tanks worked well, but only after removing just the right amount of the wick material)
    Personally, the best results for VG juice is bottom-feeding, dripping or rebuildable attys (never found a rebuildable of any type that my thickest juices didn't work in when built right)
    Wookie1 likes this.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

I have Boba's in both a carto tank (IBTanked w Smok or Ikenvape 2-hole punched) and a Kanger ProTank2 (with a flavor wick removed, both of these systems are providing (me) good flavor and vapor.

Kanger ProTanks and Minis and T3S's all work with Boba's, but I have to stress that I have to remove a flavor wick (or part of a wick) for those tanks to wick fast enough not to provide burnt tasting hits. The unfortunate side effect of these bottom coil Kangers, is that when you start removing wicks, you stand a 50/50 chance of flooding/leaking issues.

Carto tanks are the most trouble free with both Boba's and GJ, for me personally.
    Last edited by Utew; 11-26-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    zapped and Wookie1 like this.
    " All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain..."

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Gorilla Juice currently loaded up in a ibtanked halfling carto tank. I also use it in a protank from time to time, and haven't had to remove any flavor wicks. I don't know why others have issues with the protank and bb or gj, but I don't, maybe I'm lucky lol.

Flavor is by far superior in a carto tank though, imo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wookie1 and Utew like this.
    Vaping on: Reo mini 2.1/Reomizer 2.0

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Wookie1's Avatar

Thanks everyone

ECF Veteran

Boba's and Gorilla in a rm2 on a reo grand. Using a micro coil with a cotton wick. And my ADV, Hype in a ZAP with ss mesh.

I cannot use Boba's or Gorilla in my RBA's (ZAP)because of the juice darkening, but this does not happen on the rm2. This drives me crazy, but is a normal occurrence.
    kevin666 and Wookie1 like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rymarski View Post
    Boba's and Gorilla in a rm2 on a reo grand. Using a micro coil with a cotton wick. And my ADV, Hype in a ZAP with ss mesh.

I cannot use Boba's or Gorilla in my RBA's (ZAP)because of the juice darkening, but this does not happen on the rm2. This drives me crazy, but is a normal occurrence.
    I couldn't vape gorilla juice in my rm2, it would lose flavor well before the bottle ran out of juice. Gj gunked the coil really fast, and you know how after vaping a tank for awhile the juice gets dark and flavorless as the coil Gunk's? Well I think that every time I squeezed the bottle to wet the wick in the rm2, the extra juice that goes back into the feedtube was that flavorless crap after being contaminated by touching the gunky coil, ruining the rest of the juice in the bottle as it kept making it's way back down to the rest of the juice in the bottle.

Idk if that makes sense in the way I explained it.

Basically a fresh wick in the rm2 and a fresh bottle of juice is Bliss, but about half way through the bottle it becomes flavorless, even if I change to my other rm2 with a fresh coil, leading me to believe the juice gets ruined (it even loses its scent). Gorilla juice isn't the only juice that has done it to me.

That's why my REO's and reomizers sit untouched for long periods of time. I love em, but its frustrating.

Manny

Wookie1 likes this.
    Vaping on: Reo mini 2.1/Reomizer 2.0

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chiwen View Post
    I couldn't vape gorilla juice in my rm2, it would lose flavor well before the bottle ran out of juice. Gj gunked the coil really fast, and you know how after vaping a tank for awhile the juice gets dark and flavorless as the coil Gunk's? Well I think that every time I squeezed the bottle to wet the wick in the rm2, the extra juice that goes back into the feedtube was that flavorless crap after being contaminated by touching the gunky coil, ruining the rest of the juice in the bottle as it kept making it's way back down to the rest of the juice in the bottle.

Idk if that makes sense in the way I explained it.

Basically a fresh wick in the rm2 and a fresh bottle of juice is Bliss, but about half way through the bottle it becomes flavorless, even if I change to my other rm2 with a fresh coil, leading me to believe the juice gets ruined (it even loses its scent). Gorilla juice isn't the only juice that has done it to me.

That's why my REO's and reomizers sit untouched for long periods of time. I love em, but its frustrating.

Manny

Chiwen I definitely know what you mean. Boba's and Gorilla are coil killers. They gunk up anything super fast and if your using SS mesh in an RBA such as a genesis where tilting is a must, the darkening will drive you crazy.

My suggestion to you with the reo is a micro coil and cotton wick. If you are using this setup what I usually do is a dry burn every night or every other night. I was worried about the darkened juice falling down into the fresh bottle, but so far this has not been the case. Usually i'm running a 8-9 wrap micro with organic cotton. Make sure to put in as little cotton as possible, because the more you stuff in there the longer the juice will pool on the top and cause darkening.

Out of all the setups I have had, a micro coil with cotton on the rm2 has been the most optimal setup for vaping Boba's or Gorilla. This juice is heaven's nectar, so thus the reason as to the complications it causes on any device .
    Last edited by Rymarski; 11-28-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    Chiwen, kevin666 and Wookie1 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran oldjoe's Avatar

The only device that I have found to yield a satisfying result with heavy (60%+) VG is carto tanks.
    The Aspire BDC will "work" but not to my satisfaction.
    Wookie1 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast