Thread: Just received my black friday sale order. Alcohol taste/smell! help

Senior Member Verified Member

Default Just received my black friday sale order. Alcohol taste/smell! help

So like the title says. Just got my fresh order from the AVE black friday sale. I always like to taste/smell every flavor when they are fresh out of the mailbox so i know how the flavor changes with steeping. In my experience there is only a little change with steeping. Some flavors blend together better but they dont transform into a totally different flavor.
    Bobas Bounty, Strawberry Cooler and Hype taste as good as i remember because i had them before.

The bad ones:
    I heard good reviews about Pineapple Pulp so I ordered that one and I also ordered Sweet Tarts because i got it in a trade and i really liked it. Pinapple Pulp smelled like straight up alcohol sometimes flavors smell weird but they taste good, but this wasnt the case, it tasted even worse. Never tasted so much alcohol in any E-liquid before. One thing i noticed was that the liquid was really thin and the first drops i dripped on the cotton wick were absorbed instantly like it was water.
    The Sweet Tarts had the same alcohol smell/taste but it wasnt as bad as the Pineapple.
    Both Pineapple and Sweet Tarts were left with the cap off for 24 hours now and they haven't improved in smell so i dont wanna taste them.
    I contacted AVE and im still waiting for a response.

Did anyone experience the same with AVE? Its weird because the other flavors i got have no alcohol taste whatsoever. Maybe my batch is bad? I love AVE and liked every flavor that i tried so this thread is not to bash them in any way
    Last edited by JuRuKi; 12-05-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Porphy's Avatar

If you've submitted a support ticket one of the wookies should take care of you shortly.

From my experience both of the flavors you mentioned (PG Pineapple Pulp and PG Sweet Tart) are two very "sticky" flavors. That is to say their flavor persists on an atomizer long after they've been vaped, this is also true for our Root Beer flavor. The experience of flavor is subjective and so if this flavor is too strong, overpowering, or anything less than expected drop us a line on the support desk or give us a call. We can get you taken care of.
    Come visit us: www.avejuice.com

Senior Member Verified Member

Its not that the flavor is too strong it just tastes/smells like alcohol and both juices have that. I vaped 10ml of Sweet Tarts before and it tastes just like the candy. So its not like i havent had it before and the flavor is overpowering.