Preferences on Hardware
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Preferences on Hardware

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Wookie1's Avatar

Default Preferences on Hardware

Hey All!

Wanted to get a feel for hardware brands or the type of hardware that people might use. With a lot of choices out there I wanted to see if there was a couple brands that stood out above the rest and if they did why? I know that it is mostly a matter of personal preference and if it is, that's fine as well. Thanks for any light you guys will shed on this, and thanks for all of you who support us!

Sam

Ultra Member Verified Member KurrptSenate's Avatar

If you are alright with manufacturers that clone...

HCigar has been the best IMO in this department.

Kurrpt, which ones in that line do you use? Is it anything from their EVO line or maybe the mechanical line? Just curious to see what everyone prefers and what works for them, since I don't vape I want to get other's viewpoints. Thanks!

Full Member Verified Member

I've been using the single xl flanged 3ohm, 3 hole cartos from smoktek in a couple different tanks. I like them because they vape cool enough so that I rarely get a burnt taste and the three holes allow the thicker juice (Boba's) to saturate the wicking material. I've tried a bunch of the clearomizers, nova's, protanks etc and for me they all either flood or dry out and burn rather quickly. I'm a little over a week since my last analog so I'm vaping pretty heavily. It wasn't until I found this combo (on my vamo) that I was confident enough in the equipment to drop the analogs.
    zapped likes this.

Provari, SvoeMesto SM V3 Semovar, GNome with Kick, Electric Angel with Kick2
    SvoeMesto Kayfun Lite Plus with cotton wicks; Phiniac Tanks with Boge LR (2.2 ohm) cartos
    Last edited by doubleM; 02-08-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's really a tough question you ask here since ultimately it will all be about preference. As far as battery devices go, anything will work, the defining factor is what sort of atomizer you put on top (whether it be carto, atty, clearo, RBA, etc) since that is the piece that ultimately gives you your desired flavor/vapor/throat hit performance.

Personally, I use a wide variety of gear and switch it up frequently depending on what I'm vaping and what specific experience I'm looking for. I find that some juices taste better in different types of toppers, or in the case of RBAs with different types of materials used. There is no one single topper that gives optimal overall performance (to my taste) for every juice I vape. Some work better with thicker juices and some better with thinner juices, some better with fruit or tobacco or bakery flavors than others

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but it's the most honest one I can give since everything about vaping is so subjective

For my best results with AVE juices, specifically, my go-to toppers are (in no particular order) the Rose from Eden Mods, Immortalizer, GG attys, Ihybrids and the good old-fashioned Cisco spec atty
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Ultra Member* Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

GJ in my original mini Reo with an RM2, microcoil of 30 gauge kanthal @1.8 and cotton
    jifjifjif and Racehorse like this.

Toot, Toot, Squonk Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Woot, 'nother Reo/AVE user. Boba's in the Reo Grand w/ RM2 on top. Micro coil, 28ga at 1.3 ohms, cotton ball wick. Best setup for me, although tastes good in just about anything I put it in (although a giant clearo coil clogger, but to be expected).
    jifjifjif likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use flanged 3.0 ohm xl Smoktek cartos with two holes in a Phiniac carto tank with a Provari. If I were vaping Bobas or GJ I would get the 3 holes.

Using Hype, I usually get three weeks out of a carto. Thicker and darker juices usually a little less.

Even using a Protank with the bottom fed coil, the flavor of my juices is muted when compared to the carto tank setup above.

Thanks for all the advice Killjoy1, AmandaD, zapped, Hypatia, doubleM and RRaider. Appreciate you guys/gals taking the time to respond to my question.
    zapped and Hypatia like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast