Worst Custumer Service! Awesome Customer Service?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst Custumer Service! Awesome Customer Service?

Angry Worst Custumer Service! Awesome Customer Service?

Hello all,

I ordered an item from Altsmoke and then they shipped. The freight method used was USPS.
    The problem start when the parcel leave US to Brazil, and until now "is coming".
    I presume the USPS may lost it. And i contact Altsmoke to get their help, help meaning they would contact the USPS for the reason such long time. Or if USPS lost it, my guess is Altsmoke should demand USPS for payment or solution...
    But what i got from Mason, is this:

" It sounds like the package has either been lost or seized by Brazil's Customs. If your package is lost by USPS or seized by Customs, we cannot be held responsible. It is the responsibility of the customer to know and understand the importation laws of his/her specific country. If the package is indeed lost, seized, or destroyed, we cannot refund the customer for ANY of the original cost. If the package is refused by Customs and then is returned to us, we can refund the customer for the cost of the items but not the cost of shipping. I would definitely attempt to contact either USPS or your own local post office with your tracking number on hand. I'm not sure what can be done, at this point, but they should be capable of further assisting you. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience of losing an order, and we sincerely hope that you get everything you ordered in a timely manner! Mason - AltSmoke "

Its not seized, because the parcel didnt entrance in Brazil:

Shipment #100109406

Tracking Number: LN494365958US
    Carrier: United States Postal Service
    Info: Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on August 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I ordered many things from many suppliers, and this is the first time, supplier claim no responsability for material they sending. I would understand if at my local side had a problem (lost) or as they mentioned customs seized.
    May is just my case, my bad lucky. but i cant agree with many posts saying awesome customer service. at least not for me.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran halopunker's Avatar

That's the problem with International First Class is once it leaves the USA to other countries it is no longer traceable, the tracking information above is normal after it's processed through the hub when it leaves the USA. It's one of the many reasons why we suggest Express Mail for International Orders as it's easily tracked and will at least specify whether or not it's lost.

If it hasn't been delivered by now it may either be stuck in customs or on it's way back to us. If it does come back to us we will inform you that it has returned, I believe mason did contact USPS to open an investigation to see if it's still in the USA.
    AltSmoke.com | Twitter | FaceBook
    News: ProTank V2 Now Available!

Hello halopunker,

I would appreciate if mason can USPS for an investigation. Because according to local post office, only the sender can retrieve information from USPS.
    If stuck in customs, i would be notified by them and would see status at local tracking system.

Hi, i contacted USPS and they told me that sender can request research for more information about package.
    Different what mason said, i would like to request Altsmoke contact USPS.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran halopunker's Avatar

Correct it's in the process, do you have a Ticket # that you have been responding to Mason with?

Thanks much,
    Rob
    AltSmoke.com | Twitter | FaceBook
    News: ProTank V2 Now Available!

Hi Rob,

I have it. Its Ticket ID: GSR-23288
    Thanks a lot.

Stephano.

@Rob.

Do you have any news?
    thanks.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bisteka View Post
    @Rob.

Do you have any news?
    thanks.
    Hey Stephano,

I'm really sorry about this! We have contacted USPS and requested an investigation to the status. Once Mason hears back, he will contact you with an update.

As Rob indicated, it's tough to know the status of a package once it leaves the united states, due to the inability to track it from that point. Most likely, the package is still en route to you, as it does take up to a few weeks for international delivery (mostly due to delays in customs). However, as indicated, if it is returned to us for any reason, we will refund you for the cost of the order and will give you 10% off any future order for the hassle. My sincerest apologies! USPS can be a bit frustrating at times! Especially with international shipping and the lack of tracking once leaving the US!

Wife of Halopunker

Hello rocks82,

Thanks for your concern. I am sorry to push you like that way, but as i contacted local post office to open a ticket, they claim that parcel didnt give entrance at their system, and only USPS may have the date of the entrance in Brazil. And i can only open a ticket with them with this information.
    I dont blame Altsmoke or asking refund or resend, just asking for help to get information from USPS. Altsmoke send for sure, if USPS or local post office loose it, then they need to answer whrere the parcel is.

ps. according to local post office, there is a world convension, even the parcel left US, they must know when the parcel was transfered to local post.

Well. who am i try to fool. Almost 20 days since i request help from ALTSMOKE and nothing.
    As i said, Worst Custumer Service!

Dont bother to reply. I hope some day one of workers of ALTSMOKE get into same situation from another company and feel by themselves how bad business they are handling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast