Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Silver Bullet M

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Silver Bullet M

Super excited about this, couple of standard questions:

1 - What's the pricepoint going to be?

2 - What colorways are being released at launch and down the road?

For those who haven't seen yet:

Silver Bullet M - Mechanical Mod - AltSmoke

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm so glad to see the Silver Bullet getting a mechanical makeover!!

I received a teaser of this few days ago and I've been busting at the seams waiting to talk about it. Apparently it will be the same size as the current SB, but with a completely mechanical switch and a few tweaks to help keep the center pin from being pressed down when an atty is screwed on too tight.

My SB has been my daily driver for about 3 years now. As soon as this available I'll be buying one.
    Last edited by ManicMaurice; 12-11-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: tyops
    My Personal Cloud Machines: Alt-Smoke Silver Bullet, Evolv Kick, Vape Safe Fuses, Cisco Attys, Trident RDA
    Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association - http://www.casaa.org

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The pic in the above link makes the SB mech look the same size but the couple of beta versions I have seen in the stores are slightly shorter. Not by much but shorter. And that is a good thing. They felt very nice in your hand. The button action on the beta was also very very nice. I am looking forward to these also.
    Protovapor XPV DNA20 x3, XPV DNA30x1
    Silver Bullet x8
    Fazedboxmods budget DNA20

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was actually just about to post some more info on it

The SBM is a smidge shorter than the original SB.. but not by much.

The mod is going to be available in chrome and anodized black.

Pricepoint is not yet available, but will be announced shortly.
    Mattnatti likes this.

Wife of Halopunker

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran cddz's Avatar

The "M" is .210 inches shorter than the Silver Bullet. I was able to shorten it due to the lack of an additional battery bushing. I and a few others have been beta testing this for a few months. I favored a deeper center post on this unit due to all of the long center post atomizers. It will self adjust to a 4.3-4.7 mm center post. If you have a shorter center post, the atomizer post will thread out to accept it, or you can adjust the post in the atty that is being threaded on(easy to do). If the center post is longer than 4.7mm it will have to be adjusted down, or the switch will not function. The silver plating is done to ASTM 700-97 with a thickness of .0005 inches. I had to send back the atomizer post to be stripped and silver plated again because it did not match the finish of the other 2 contact parts. I will include a small hex key for assembly/dis assembly. The chrome are back from plating and the Anodize should be back next week. I think I will release the chrome before I get the black back from anodizing. These units can not be powder coated, so the color selection will not be as vast as the Silver Bullet.
    Last edited by cddz; 12-14-2013 at 11:58 AM.

ECF Veteran

I'm excited. No more crunched connector center pins.

Quote Originally Posted by cddz View Post
    These units can not be powder coated, so the color selection will not be as vast as the Silver Bullet.
    Does that mean no silver vein?
    My Personal Cloud Machines: Alt-Smoke Silver Bullet, Evolv Kick, Vape Safe Fuses, Cisco Attys, Trident RDA
    Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association - http://www.casaa.org

ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I prefer the standard SB, they Elec, if u call it that never fails, mine is 4yrs old...used daily...i really don't think one can buy a better tougher,or more comfy in the hand mod anywhere...but i pfefer a thicker mod...

silver plated tellurium copper contacts.

Ooh.

must admit i like the original switched design from a diy hacknuts perspective

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Bringing this back.. I bought the black version... This thing is great. I used a SB for 2 years and when I went to RDAs I was bummed that the mech version wasn't out yet. Now that I have a SB that fits my vaping style I am complete again. The way it fits in my hand and knowing it will be a workhorse for a long time just makes me happy. You can't buy a better product than the SB. Anyone else enjoying the new Silver Bullet M?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am seriously considering a Silver Bullet (the original probably) in the near future. I am surprised you don't hear more about it nowadays. Is it's reputation for near indestructable and solid reliability true? Also, is it finicky about which 18650 batts it uses? I have a bunch of efest reds I would be using. Any advice would be appreciated.

I vape like I used to smoke. A lot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast