Hello ECF Members!
We are currently looking to recruit a few new moderators. At this time we are looking for active members who are usually online during the day or late at night (9am-5pm EST and 12pm-9am EST).
Our moderators are all volunteer members of the ECF who give of their time on a daily or near-daily basis in order to help out our community. You donít have to be an e-cig expert to be a moderator on the ECF, though we do require that you have been a member for at least a few months.
Interested so far? Here's a quick checklist:
- Are you very active here on the ECF1, and enjoy spending time here pretty much on a daily basis?
- Are you able to keep a level head when someone argues with you?
- Are you able to recuse yourself in decisions where you may be biased?
- Can you handle being called names when you're just doing your job... without retaliating?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Can you pick up simple computer programs fairly easily? (While being a moderator doesn't require a tech genius, there is a small learning curve with using the forum moderator controls.)
- Do you have time to really commit yourself to doing the job?
If you answered yes to these questions, and are still interested in helping out, then please fill out our application form
. Applications by PM will be ignored/rejected.
Your application will be screened and if you are selected for further consideration you will be contacted by PM
. While we canít take everyone who applies, we do appreciate all that are willing to help.
If you have applied previously by PM
to a staff member please resubmit using the form, this new method provides us with a master record of applicants.
1We require that you have achieved the Senior Member rank in order to even fill out the application. The forum is very complex and feature filled so we require our moderators to have more than just a rudimentary grasp of the forums layout and features.