Post By j0ker
How To Become A Verified Member
NOTE - The verification process is NOT immediate and are handled manually. Due to the increase in activity in real life during the work week, verifications will no longer be processed on a daily basis. I will attempt to process verifications during the week, as time permits. If unable to process during the week, request will be processed on the weekends, usually on Sunday night.
The Classified and CO-OP section on ECF will be a Verified Member access area only, May 1, 2012. For those unaware, we had seen an increase in fraud in the Classified section and a way to circumvent (not prevent!) this activity, is the Verified Member process. We will do our best to confirm that members are who they say they are, in an attempt to remove anonymity. This in no way implies any guarantee for members nor liability upon ECF. The Classified section is and will always be a "Buyer Beware" format. It is in the members best interest to take every precaution to protect themselves! The process of members becoming "Verified" is only part of the equation to protecting yourself.
***The information acquired through this form will be kept under strict protection. The purpose of this information is to verify you as a member and can be provided directly to law enforcement should you defraud other members. At no other point will this information be used or shared with anyone else.***
(Moved here: Verified Member Explained With More Detail (FAQ included))
Why become "Verified"?
- Grants member to the Classified/CO-OP section.
- Provides other members a form of security by removing anonymity.
What is required to become "Verified"?
- Member must have a minimum of 20 posts. If you submit a request and have less than 20 post, the request will be deleted without notice.
- Must not have multiple serious offenses on the forum.
- Member must select and fulfill one of the options offered below.
Is being "Verified" mandatory?
As of May 1st 2012, being a Verified Member is required to participate in the Classified and CO-OP sections.
**If you are the spouse of a verified member, there is no need in submitting a request. All you must do is send me a PM with the spouses member name and state you would like to be verified. Once your spouse has claimed you (some may have trouble with this) I will make you a Verified Member. You cannot request for your spouse to be verified, the non-verified spouse must make the request.**
How do I become a Verified Member?
Below we have 5 different methods to choose from, PayPal, Vouching Member, eBay, Feedback and NetIDme.com. Under each section you will see the instructions for each method. Select the method best for you and click the link at the end of the section. You will be taken to a form in which you'll need to fill in and submit.
**Select one method only. Do not send more than one method.**
If you have executed the process of becoming verified via Paypal, this will most likely be the easiest method of becoming "Verified" here on ECF. This process allows us to confirm you have been verified through PayPal. PayPal address must match the email you used to register your ECF account. You can add addresses to your PayPal account if the email you registered with ECF isn't associated.
How can I know if my PayPal is verified?
I Have No Idea How To Be Verified Through PayPal
CLICK HERE FOR PAYPAL REQUEST
**Since the registered email on PayPal and ECF must match, if the email addresses are different, it's best to add the one listed on ECF to your Paypal account. You are allowed more than one email address associated to your Paypal account. If you choose to update the email on the forum, you will be sent a confirmation email in which you will need to confirm the change.**
**The members you select for vouching must be "Verified" members. Verify this before sending the request.**
Step 1: For members whom have over 30 days of membership, no serious infractions, and have three (3) "Verified" Super members whom will verify their identity, may also become verified through this process. It is important that before using a member as a voucher, that they are aware that are requesting they vouch for you. A simple PM saying "Hey, we've bought and sold to each other, would you consider vouching for me?" or something similar. If a member really doesn't know you, don't bother sending them a request. The members you select will be contacted and explained the request, along with the opportunity to revoke their vouch.
**NOTE: Before vouching for a member, understand that your verification status could be in jeopardy should there be reports of fraud against the member you are vouching for.
Step 2: Once we've confirmed you have 3 legitimate vouchers, we will send you an email confirming step 1 complete. We will then mail a code (3 to 5 business days) to the address you have used in your application. Once you have received the code, you will need to send an email to j0ker @ e-cigarette-forum . com (no spaces) stating the code that you received in the mail. This confirms the address you have given us is valid. For this service, we will request you send $1 to cover the expenses incurred to send the code (postage, paper, envelopes,...etc). This will be requested in the email confirming step 1 complete, mentioned in the beginning of this step.
This process will be the least easiest and will take more time to verify your identity. Once you have been accepted through the vouch process and we have received the correct code, you will be notified and your account will be upgraded.
If any of your information changes regarding the information provided in the verification form, it will be necessary to resend the information to update our records.
CLICK HERE FOR VOUCH REQUEST
Members may be Verified using their eBay feedback.
- Must have a minimum of 20 post on ECF.
- eBay feedback rating should be 98% or above.
- No negative feedback within the previous 6 months.
- Must have been a eBay member for more than 1 year.
- eBay must have more than 20 feedbacks.
What we will be looking for: (underlined and circled)
- Member must click "eBay Feedback Request Form".
- Member fills out form then submits.
- ECF will verify your feedback on eBay meets the above requirements.
- I will PM instructions including a phrase (e.g. "So, how are you doing?") and a link to my eBay contact page.
- Member will click my eBay contact link provided in the PM, then via eBay send the phrase to my eBay account.
- Once I receive the phrase in my eBay inbox, the member will be considered "Verified".
I know this process seems a little strange but this will prevent my eBay account for being closed for spamming. Members seeking verification will only be sending one message, so their account will be in no danger.
CLICK HERE FOR EBAY REQUEST
Currently it appears that NetIDme is down. You may check status here http://www.downblocked.com/netidme.com
Go to NetIDme.com and create an account. Be sure all aspects are verified. To be approved for verification, I will require that name, gender, and location be visible to me when loading your verification.
***Some members have complained they do not receive the pop-up window with the link required to complete the request for Verified Member. This can be caused because of a pop-up blocker, script blockers, or security features in your browser. Some members have successfully obtained the link by using a different browser.***
- Got to NetIDme.com and create an account.
- Once account is created, make sure all items are verified.
- Once you have the account created and everything shows to be verified, log into account and click "Sent" under "View ID Activity".
- On the next screen click "Share".
- In the block type in my email address j0ker @ e-cigarette-forum.com (email without spaces) and click "Send" (Be sure to wait for the popup for the next step!)
NOTE: The email address is j"zero"ker as in j0ker.
- This step is very important. A pop-up window will appear with a link, copy that link, it will be requested on the form linked below.
CLICK HERE FOR NETIDME REQUEST
Members may lose their "Verified" status if:
- They are found to have defrauded another member.
- Receives 2 or more confirmed major negative feedbacks. Major to be determined by staff.
- Receives 2 or more major infractions, Classified related or not.
If you have recommendations for other forms of verification, feel free to contact me. If you are unable to be verified, please let me know and we'll see if there are other methods we might use for verification.
Last edited by j0ker; 03-12-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Reason: fixed typo