Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Reviews from ECF members

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvong View Post
    Yes I liked it. It reminds me of Boba's, but isn't Boba's. Boba's has a sweetness to it that I like, but I'm sure Sahara has some of the same flavors or base. It shares something with it.

Taste is subjective as we all know.
    Wow, reminds you of Boba's...I've got to try this. Bobas is one of my favorites. I have other juices from Apollo and have not been disappointed with any of them. My favorite is Mango Peach. Now if they have any that taste like Gorilla Juice I'm in for that, too. Thanks for the heads up!
    "IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---Agree! (Stolen from skydivntrkr)

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've had several dealings with Apollo and they ALL have been positive. I have purchased 2 VTubes from Apollo one Red (for Wifey) and one Silver (for a V-Vert...he has both of those now - he wanted a backup, in case...). Had a minor issue with the Red one initially and Apollo replaced it to my total satisfaction. Their Customer Service is above reproach! All the ejuice and other incidentals I've purchased and the e-cigar I won in the drawing are Top Shelf! I have two SS VTubes that were purchased from the Classys for a price I dare not mention...I can't imagine anything on the market that can out perform these, all things considered, YMMV. Anyone looking for an outstanding VV device will be hard pressed to find a more economical solution.

If their price was not already reasonable enough...if they are not sold out yet...use code 'vtube30' to get 30% off! Add to that, a One Year warranty, excellent Customer Service and a one stop shopping solution...it's a no brainier!

"IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---Agree! (Stolen from skydivntrkr)

Senior Member ECF Veteran MissBella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivapealot View Post
    I've had several dealings with Apollo and they ALL have been positive. I have purchased 2 VTubes from Apollo one Red (for Wifey) and one Silver (for a V-Vert...he has both of those now - he wanted a backup, in case...). Had a minor issue with the Red one initially and Apollo replaced it to my total satisfaction. Their Customer Service is above reproach! All the ejuice and other incidentals I've purchased and the e-cigar I won in the drawing are Top Shelf! I have two SS VTubes that were purchased from the Classys for a price I dare not mention...I can't imagine anything on the market that can out perform these, all things considered, YMMV. Anyone looking for an outstanding VV device will be hard pressed to find a more economical solution.

If their price was not already reasonable enough...if they are not sold out yet...use code 'vtube30' to get 30% off! Add to that, a One Year warranty, excellent Customer Service and a one stop shopping solution...it's a no brainier!

I have a Black Vtube and love it. Wanted a chrome but they are sold out. Decided to splurge on a SS but the regular size is also sold out. Being as impatient as I am, I ordered the Mini SS before that sold out too. I hope the tanks work better on the SS. I just can't seem to get them to work on the Black Vtube. Way too much lung hit and very little vapor. I'm using a 50/50 blend and punched a larger hole. Any tips??? A regular carto works best on my Black unit. I did purchase the ego adapter with my new SS kit but there doesn't seem to be a problem attaching the tank to the black Vtube, just the hit is all wrong. I'm baffled.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a red mini and everyone said I needed the adapter, but I don't. My vivi attaches right to it. I use a 510 to 510 with the DCT's or else I have trouble tightening them down without unscrewing the tank and spilling the juice. That's probably use error however!

Full Member Verified Member Lickskitty's Avatar

Apollo has the best customer service I have came across. I had a battery charger go bad that I got from them and they sent a replacement very fast. The replacement was actually a little bit better of a charger. They have fast shipping, the juices have zero chemical/bad after taste to them, and the live chat customer service on the website is awesome. Anytime I have had any kind of issue with anything from them they have been very polite and either educated me or replaced what was wrong. I would recommend them to anyone new to vaping.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm not really a good reviewer, but here we go
    I won a Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer
    Included was 1 6.0 mL refillable metal dual coil tank cartomizer with 1 plastic drip tip and a single 3.0 ohm (two 6.0ohm coils) single punched carto.
    I would have to say that this is a nice tank. It looks great, it functions perfectly and I haven't had a single leak in my 5 days of using it. I would recommend this tank to anyone wanting a good looking, functional DC tank.

Sleep is for people that can't handle insomnia induced hallucinations.

Fear the Beard... Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've had my beautiful SS Apollo Vtube matched with an equally attractive 3ml DCT for over a week now and love it. I've been vaping almost exclusively on this combo since it arrived. The fit an finish was remarkable, packaged and shipped well which arrived very quick after it was shipped. I did incur some delays in the shipping but as I've stated numerous times, Apollo's customer service is amazing. They were always friendly, professional and extremely helpful in resolving any issues I had.

As for the Vtube itself, it's gorgeous.. I'd post some pics of the device but there is no way I'll come close to matching what Morri posted earlier. As you can see from her images, this is one remarkable looking PV. The device functions as it should, no issues with any sort of malfunction or loss of performance. It does as it should, providing me with a range of voltages to vape whatever I throw at it. Great firing button that is a large easy to use button. Very solid construction and a a nice click feel when pressing it. As I've said, just an overall well constructed device that performs very well.

My only issue with it, was they ran out of full size vtubes in SS so I picked up the mini. Nothing wrong with the mini as it is. More just a little small for my giant hands lol. I have been getting accustomed to it and am adapting well. I feel the full size would be a better fit for me, but I'm loving this mini no matter what. The only drawback to the mini I can see though is the battery. Instead of the IMR 18650 from the full size, you get the IMR 18350. So naturally the battery life will be lower than the full size. On the plus side, they recharge faster as well! With the 3ohm DCT from apollo at higher volts, it can drain quickly. It didn't seem to hit very hard and I've been running it at 5.8-6v to try and get solid hits from it. That I'm sure is the cause for my quick draining of the battery. It may be due to the draw being a bit airy on the DCT, and using the adapter with it helps a bit with the draw. I'm sure using other clearos, cartos, or attys at lower voltage will extend the life of the charge but since I've only used the DCT on it I suppose I only see that side.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Vtube and I am thrilled to own one. Thank you Apollo for this wonderful PV and fantastic customer service. I'm hoping more vapers can discover your products and enjoy them as much as all of us!
    HEM CREW

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hello all!!! Hope this finds everyone well?! I'm waaaay late in doing this review.

I won the Standard Vtube Kit from Apollo on the Apollo Ecigs Contest (Win an SS VV Kit) and $1000 in VTubes Per Round thread. I as others opted to upgrade my win to the SS Vtube which Apollo has been so gracious in letting everyone do! I wanted the full size, but unfortunately they were sold out at the time, so I ended up getting the SS mini version instead.

The SS Mini Vtube is a great looking VV PV, and being SS it is very solid in construction. The top 510 connection has the eGo style threading which comes in handy for those with eGo style carts/clearos. While we are looking at the top of the PV you will notice the center pin floats in the device. This will eliminate the need to pull the post on any cart/clearo that you might want to use. This Vtube is also great for dripping with its deep drip well.

The bottom battery cap is also an upgrade from its predecessor. It is completely SS, and while the threads are a little coarse you will have no problems with the threading. I opted to put a little Noalox lubricant on the threads of the cap.

The buttons are the same great buttons of the standard Vtube in that they are very "clicky". I have always like the Vtube for the sound of the button. The added plus on the SS Vtube is that the "fire" button is metal as well, and while I am not 100% sure I believe that the "- and +" buttons are too. The power button looks to be the standard red plastic.

Battery life will vary, but on the SS Mini Vtube with the supplied 18350 I get between 4 to 5 hours before the unit shuts down. I did have a problem with one of my batteries out of the box where the unit would shut down under load, but Sunny and Apollo were very quick to replace at no charge.

To top everything off Apollo ships the Vtube kit with a black leather-like carrying case, 2 18350 batteries, charger, 1 polished drip tip, and 1 3.0 ohm 510 atomizer!

All in all I am very impressed with the Vtube kit from Apollo. Thank you Sunny and all the crew at Apollo for making my experience with them a great one!

And a special thank you to the Uber helpers KK and Redd

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

A brief scene from Jurassic Park:

[Tim pops up wearing a pair of night vision goggles]
    Gennaro: Hey, where'd you find that?
    Tim: In a box under my seat.
    Gennaro: Are they heavy?
    Tim: Yeah.
    Gennaro: Then they're expensive. Put 'em back.

There is an inherent quality associated with heavy electronics, and the Apollo Stainless Steel Mini VTube is heavy. This is not a mod to be stored in your tiny opera purse or to be dropped casually in a dubiously-attached shirt pocket - it has some heft to it thanks to the solid steel housing, and as the weight would imply, the SS Mini VTube is a quality device. Surprisingly, it's not expensive - especially if you use Apollo's 30%-off discount code, which means you get more than you pay for - a rarity in these modern throw-away consumer times.

The redesigned drip well/eGo-friendly top cap marks a huge improvement of the VTube's form and function, and the kit also includes a beautiful stainless steel 510 tip (with an oversized hole for clean and easy dripping), a 3ohm atty, a flat-top battery (your AW IMR 18350's will fit just fine though), single-bay charger, and an Apollo-branded carrying case. My only complaint with the entire package is that the atomizer they included was glossy black instead of silver, which would have matched the Mini/tip combo's motif a little more. Even so, this is one sharp unit:

This is a fantastic set and it is now my de facto sampling/DIY testing rig. Thanks Apollo!

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life.
    Give an octopus nunchuks, no one's ever eating fish again.

RIP Jack

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

I just wanted to compliment Apollo for their delicious RY4. I reviewed it, and sent a sample to billherbst. He also reviewed it. Here are our reviews, quoted from The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long). Both of us liked this ejuice very much!

Quote Originally Posted by thehangdude View Post
    Apollo ejuices are $19/30ml, but if you use 'sun' you get 20% off this summer. That brings it down to a respectable 50Ę per ml. They only have 19 flavors, and they only do 60/40 PG/VG.

Many of the RY4s I have tried have three (or more) distinct flavors. You are able to tell the caramel from the vanilla from the tobacco. This is sometimes a good thing. I like a rich, creamy caramel in my RY4. The vanilla might be like icing, or it may be more like extract. The tobacco could be bold or thin. But usually you can pick out all three flavors, even when they blend nicely.

I have trouble distinguishing Apollo's RY4 flavors from each other. They blend almost completely into one RY4 flavor. The tobacco is neither smokey nor tin-like. It is bold yet smooth, not bland at all. But where the tobacco ends and the vanilla/caramel begin is hard to place.

There is a sweetener added, but it is not as malty or as artificial as some. It does give the flavor a Chinese feel. More like a drink than a dessert. This juice lacks the aftertaste I get from most Chinese-type ejuices. Apollo does make all its ejuices in the USA.

The vanilla and caramel are there, but they are neither rich nor creamy. They are bright and give the juice its high notes. Despite the blending of the flavors, this is a nice strong juice. It has plenty of everything I look for in an RY4.

I don't know if I am starting to like the Chinese RY4s, or if this is just a great ejuice. It tastes like how I have imagined the original did. The perfect blending of sweetness into tobacco. Perhaps Bill will have a totally different take on this. He should have his Monday or Tuesday. But if you like RY4s that lean to the oriental side of the spectrum yet have a strong tobacco, you may want to try Apollo's version.

Will I buy it? I saved myself 15ml of the 30ml bottle. If it is still this good after the bottle is gone, I will buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    specs: thehangdude sent me a 30ml bottle containing about 12mls of RY4 (thanks, Dude!) from ApolloEcigs. The liquid is a light yellow color, 18mg nic, but I added twelve drops of 100mg nic to kick it up 24mg. Base blend is 60/40 PG/VG. Testing was done using a Boge LR2.3 ohm carto powered by a Vector VV set to 4.3 volts, providing 8.0 watts.

(the hangdude reviewed Apollo RY4 on July 29th in post #2246.)

Apollo has reduced their line-up of eliquids from more than 100 previously to now offer only 19, or, as they state, ďthe best of the best.Ē The all-new liquids are 100% made in USA---developed/tested in the U.S., and mixed/packaged/warehoused here as well. Apollo didnít state the source origins of their flavorings or nic, however. Perhaps those are all-USA also, since USA-made juice seems to be such an important criteria to Apollo.

Every Thursday I spend 90 minutes on the phone talking to one of my most longstanding friends who happens to be suffering from a serious and painful chronic illness. We talk about life, getting old, being damaged, etc. Today I vaped Apollo RY4 during the entire conversation. And I donít do that unless a juice really pleases me, which Apollo RY4 does.

This is a juice that lives in the gray zone between classic and custom. The flavor profile is classic, but the impact is custom. Unlike very bright classic Chinese RY4s, Apollo RY4 is calm and matter-of-fact, but, unlike custom RY4s that push the flavor envelope, Apollo RY4 stays with the classic mix of flavors.

The word that comes to mind most for me with this juice is restrained. Not subtle, since the flavors are definite, but restrained---held back considerably from maximum richness. It speaks softly rather than shouting, but in a clear and pleasing voice. People who love in-your-face, over-the-top flavors wonít like this RY4. On the other hand, people who appreciate RY4s that are carefully crafted and ďadultĒ should enjoy it, and those looking for a juice they can vape a lot of without its becoming tiresome---the proverbial all-day vape---should love Apollo RY4.

Does Apollo RY4 have enough flavor? Oh yes, easily. Is this particular combination of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla flavorings tasty together? You bet. In fact, itís delicious. Flavorings here are well-blended rather than distinctive, but the overall effect is wonderful. Almost soothing. I am definitely not an all-day-vape kind of guy, but I could vape Apollo RY4 for hours without even thinking about picking up another juice.

Apollo RY4 is not identical to the RWVapors RY4 I reviewed a couple days ago (Apollo has a brighter caramel and slightly more vanilla), but both are superlative RY4s, among the most satisfying Iíve ever had. I canít guarantee that any particular vaper will like it, but Apollo RY4 will definitely get a high spot on my personal Top 10 RY4 list.

Apollo RY4 grade: A

link to purchase: Apollo E-Liquids/RY4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast