Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Reviews from ECF members

Hey all, I ordered my Apollo eGo-VV on Friday.... I'm so excited.

Don't get me wrong, I love my extreme, and fully intend on keeping it (mine, it's mine!) I just want something with a bit more punch.

So no review on the eGo-VV (yet), but here's my review on my Extreme:
    I'm still a noob, but I have to say, I just love my Extreme. It's sleek and smooth, feels great in my hand (I have small hands). I've tried Blu and one other cig-a-like and I have to say my extreme blows them out of the water. I get so much more vapor and a marvelous throat hit. I've had a co-worker tell me he was surprised at just how much of a hit he got on it.

Apollo's customer service is great. Keep it up folks, you rock!
    IronHorse likes this.

I've already posted a review on the Extreme Starter kit page and as much as store credit is enticing, I'm so into Apollo hardware I don't need it as an incentive!
    IronHorse likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Got my kit today, left my impressions Apollo Standard Kit, first impessions here.

I'm very happy with it, it's now my daily kit.
    IronHorse likes this.
    The PDADoc!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    People's Republic of Ocean Beach, San Diego, California

Okay, hopefully I'm unlocked now and can post here...

I've had some good and bad experiences with Apollo products, though nothing but a top-notch experience with staff. Long story follows, will try to remember a tl;dr version at the end.

I bought some cheapo eGo knockoffs from a local smoke shop for me and my wife - they worked good off the bat, but I wanted backup power so I came back on here (was around a few years ago and dumped a ton of money into 510s but didn't stick with it). Bought us each an extra Apollo Superior EGO battery and CE4 clearos plus some juice online after looking around a little for a California-based shop, hoping for a quick ship.

Well ship quickly they did - everything arrived in a few days and we were up and running. But almost immediately my wife's battery crapped out (later learned from a tech thread that the contact head wasn't attached right - pried it up with a screwdriver and it works as long as I only screw my clearo on about 2/3 of the way but I'm still kind of scared to use it).

I e-mailed support describing my problem around 8 p.m. on a weeknight expecting a response the next day - nope! Within about 20 minutes an Ashley was back to me and offering to send me a new battery right away or include one free on my next order. Since then I'd fallen in love with the EVOD clearos I got at a brick-and-mortar (and saw Apollo offered them about $4 cheaper online), so I ordered a bunch more, plus a couple boxes of spare replacement coils. After screwing up the order about 3 times (and contacting Ashley about it every time), I finally got things straightened out, and everything again arrived pretty quick, about 3-4 days from the Bay Area to San Diego.

But then a few days ago my battery's light went out. Annoying, but no big deal - I just have to take a test puff when I'm trying to turn it on or off to see if it's working.

The day after that, the battery button started sticking occasionally (maybe 1 out of 30-40 engagements, or 2-3 times a day for me). This is kind of scary, as I have no light to tell me whether the thing is engaged and it sometimes refuses to disengage, all I get is a gurgling sound from the atomizer to let me know that it hasn't shut off and to unscrew the battery quick...not sure what would happen if I missed that, but I've become a little paranoid and I'm afraid to find out. My wife's second battery, however, seems to still be working like a champ after 3 days of use - we love the styling and size on both of them, and performance is good, never had one run out yet.

Side note on juice: the bottle I bought (cherry 18mg) tasted like crap out of the bottle. I've since learned to air fresh juice out, and after steeping for a week it's a lot better - not horrible but not my taste, though the wife loves it.

Side note on EVODs - although they're advertised on the site as Kanger brand, the expensive ones I bought at a local store say "EVOD BCC" on them, no markings on the ones I mail ordered. The coils are also in a different box (black satin box at store, plain white from mail order) - not sure if this means one or the other is a knockoff or both are legit with different markings, all of them are working in the same fashion (f'in awesome) at the moment.

At this point I'm a little hesitant to go back and whine again that both of the batteries I paid for are malfunctioning, they were helpful with the first one but I don't want to seem like I'm just trying to scam freebies, and if the product (from my very limited sample size) has a 66% fail rate I'm a little hesitant to keep going back for more.

tl;dr: Good prices, awesome customer service, questionable whether I'm horribly unlucky or if the store-brand product is substandard. Still debating whether or not to buy more because I'm so impressed with the people there...
    IronHorse likes this.

ECF Veteran

Got a replacement for my defective battery on the way - as usual a big thumbs-up to customer service. After a few days of use my wife's replacement is still working well, will report back if I can get my new one to work and keep working for a week or so...
    IronHorse likes this.

ECF Veteran

Okay, so after some good use, here's my latest take:

My replacement battery is working great, though it's definitely not the same as the first three we received. This one is about 5mm taller and has a white fire button instead of blue (though it's not the one that turns from white to blue as the battery dies, as I'd hoped). Regardless, zero problems with it through about 5 charge cycles.

The other three of the four batteries we've received, not so great. Loose center pin on one, failed button light and sticking button on another, loose post where the delivery device attaches on the third. Like I said in another thread, if Apollo is sticking with whoever their new supplier is for batteries, good on them since it's holding up as a quality product. Customer service remains top-notch. 75% product fail rate, not so hot.
    IronHorse likes this.

$1810 deep in vape toys and now an interweb shopping addict...so close to saving money!

I wish I could... but not only do I not remember posting that reply, but I can't even think of a possibility as of what my motives might have been lol maybe I was under the impression that this was a give-away? Who knows...
    IronHorse likes this.

Aspiring microcoilogist Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I started with Apollo as my first eCig, got their Superior eGo kit, protanks, iClears and a bunch of other smaller kits as gifts.
    Their prices are very reasonable, and they are quite reliable.

* I live in Walnut Creek which is ten minute ride to their Concord building from which they sell, warehouse, distribute and manufacture (I think only the eliquid) - so obviously I have no idea about their shipping as I pickup everything from their store (same building); however I can tell you that All of them are very nice and professional. its a quite large building (I took a few peaks inside ) and it seems very organized.

So its a Real and serious company in concord CA, and it is an asset to have them in the east bay.
    IronHorse likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567