Atomize v Cartomizer v Tank....What's your device of choice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Atomize v Cartomizer v Tank....What's your device of choice?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Liquid-Chris's Avatar

Default Atomize v Cartomizer v Tank....What's your device of choice?

Ya know everybody has their favorite and their reasons for it. I've always been a carto guy because I think you get a better flavor from them. Of coarse clearos (like CE4s) are by far the most user friendly (perfect for beginners) but I think they tend to mute the flavors, they plug-up quick with thick or dark liquids, and if you take long drags or turn the voltage up too high they burn a lot. Lately I've been playing with a lot of tanks, as the convenience of seeing the fill level and the ease of filling are really cool, but I get off flavors from the plastics and the glue they use. It doesn't seem to bother most people, I guess as the juice guy I might be a little more sensitive to it. DCTs are good flavor but sloppy to fill. The Evods are pretty good, but this new Protank II is exceptional. I'd go as far as saying second only to drip attys.

How long should they last? If I get 4 or 5 days out of a carto I'm happy. The coil heads on Evods and Protanks I can get a week (I rinse them in tap water, yes thats right, hot tap water every couple of days, coil, wicks and all). I'm kinda a purest on flavor so when they start to taste foul I swap them. I guess some people try getting weeks out of them to save a couple of bucks......for me I'd rather spend a couple of bucks and have it taste great rather than okay (hell, I never had a problem spending 5 bucks a day on cigarettes, a couple of bucks a day on liquids and a couple of bucks a week on equipment is fine by me)

Chime in and give us your take on it.

Chris
    IronHorse likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

I've tried just about everything. To me, cartos are the easiest.

Sent from my easy-chair using brain waves
    IronHorse likes this.

Ya, I'd argue the easiest part, they are a slow pain in the neck to fill (if done correctly), but they do give great flavor and performance.

Chris
    IronHorse likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar

Tanks are my preference...are there any plans to bring RBA's on board??

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid-Chris View Post
    Ya, I'd argue the easiest part, they are a slow pain in the neck to fill (if done correctly), but they do give great flavor and performance.

Chris

I don't fill mine correctly.

IronHorse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mooreted View Post
    I don't fill mine correctly.

I love it!
    IronHorse likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran Metzger's Avatar

I've tried cartos (Boge and IkenVape), clearos (T3, EVOD, Phoenix) and a few atomizers, and I always come back to the cartos. IkenVape seems to do me better than the Boge ones. I like my EVOD, and still use it somewhat regularly (I have one filled with Melon Boba right now) but they don't handle successive vapes very well even with some/all of the extra "flavor wicks" pulled out. I also think the draw is a tad too airy for my taste and am usually trying to cover one of the air flow holes on it. Flavor's pretty good, though not on the level of a fresh carto.

If I ever get around to buying a PV bigger than my Twists I might try a simple RBA. I'm just not much of a fiddly type guy so I think it'd get annoying to me after a while getting it set up properly each time.
    IronHorse likes this.

I have tried many different types of delivery methods cartos, tanks, and clearos. I would have to say though that I get my best vape off from carto tanks with a dual coil pushing 6 volts. It provides me with the most flavor and vapor. Don't get me wrong I like my protank and all but I have had the worst luck with the tank flooding and the replaceable coils burn out way to fast. With this all summed up. I stick to my carto tanks.
    IronHorse likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar

For me it's about what I have on hand...as long as it works and keeps me off cigs!!

Ultra Member Verified Member Muggs's Avatar

Carto tanks all day. I have pretty much tried it all.

I'm propably going to get shot for this but as long as you have a variable voltage battery (example: Ego c-Twist) and a good cartomizer that matches the volt range of your battery, that's all you need. (example: Variable volt battery range of 3.2v to 4.8v and a 2.8-3.0ohm carto in your tank)
    IronHorse likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast