My Apollo RY4 had no taste
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My Apollo RY4 had no taste

  1. #1
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    DivideMyDestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    246

    Unhappy My Apollo RY4 had no taste - RESOLVED


    So I ordered from Apollo on 8/18 a 30ml bottle of 6mg RY4 after trying a friend's that was fantastic. I also read a ton of great things on this site. When I got it on the 23rd (fast shipping BTW) I tried a little and it tasted like nothing. I contacted Apollo and they said let it steep for a week or two. I asked if I could let the amount I have in the tank steep in there because I have tons of tanks and they said it was fine. Now, I'm still having the same issue. There's now just a slight vanilla hint and not a whole lot else. I contacted them again and it was just "Sorry, steep longer or you're outta luck".

    I was curious if anyone else had ran into this issue before. Everything I read on this forum raves about their RY4. When I tried my friends, it was a delicious blend. I realize steeping will help bring out the flavors but shouldn't I be getting a little something other than slight vanilla at this point?

    EDIT: Thank you to Chris, Sophia, and Kitty as my issue was resolved quickly and in a professional manner. If you're on the fence about shopping at Apollo, let me put your mind at ease. This is a group that absolutely cares about what they do, gives great suggestions, and stands by what they sell. Unlike some companies who put you with some customer service rep who doesn't have a clue about vaping from a hole in the ground, these people actually listen to their customers.
    Last edited by DivideMyDestiny; 09-07-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    IronHorse likes this.

  2. #2
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Not to minimize your situation at all, but it is possible for one's tastebuds to go all wonky and not be able to taste your juice very well. Can you taste your other juices fine? Sometimes the tastebuds can get burned out. Did you email them or use the Live Chat feature on the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by DivideMyDestiny View Post

    So I ordered from Apollo on 8/18 a 30ml bottle of 6mg RY4 after trying a friend's that was fantastic. I also read a ton of great things on this site. When I got it on the 23rd (fast shipping BTW) I tried a little and it tasted like nothing. I contacted Apollo and they said let it steep for a week or two. I asked if I could let the amount I have in the tank steep in there because I have tons of tanks and they said it was fine. Now, I'm still having the same issue. There's now just a slight vanilla hint and not a whole lot else. I contacted them again and it was just "Sorry, steep longer or you're outta luck".

    I was curious if anyone else had ran into this issue before. Everything I read on this forum raves about their RY4. When I tried my friends, it was a delicious blend. I realize steeping will help bring out the flavors but shouldn't I be getting a little something other than slight vanilla at this point?

  3. #3
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    I have spoken with Customer Service on your behalf and Sophia would like you to email her directly regarding this, explain what's going on and find a resolution for you. sophia@apolloecigs.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DivideMyDestiny View Post

    So I ordered from Apollo on 8/18 a 30ml bottle of 6mg RY4 after trying a friend's that was fantastic. I also read a ton of great things on this site. When I got it on the 23rd (fast shipping BTW) I tried a little and it tasted like nothing. I contacted Apollo and they said let it steep for a week or two. I asked if I could let the amount I have in the tank steep in there because I have tons of tanks and they said it was fine. Now, I'm still having the same issue. There's now just a slight vanilla hint and not a whole lot else. I contacted them again and it was just "Sorry, steep longer or you're outta luck".

    I was curious if anyone else had ran into this issue before. Everything I read on this forum raves about their RY4. When I tried my friends, it was a delicious blend. I realize steeping will help bring out the flavors but shouldn't I be getting a little something other than slight vanilla at this point?
    bcme likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    DivideMyDestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Hello Kittykrazee,

    All my other juices taste just fine. I used the Live Chat feature to discuss this. I believe the gentleman's name was Adam and he said he was in training, but he did check with a supervisor. Customer service has always been polite and I'm never one to go off the rocker with someone. The order was 145215. I understand that there are some flavors people don't like from any vendor (for instance, JC Swiss Dark was not my cup of tea), but the flavor profile I described above is about what I get. Thanks for the prompt reply. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

    Edit: Oh I was writing before that showed up. I'll do that.
    IronHorse likes this.

  5. #5
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Perfect! Let me know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DivideMyDestiny View Post
    Hello Kittykrazee,

    All my other juices taste just fine. I used the Live Chat feature to discuss this. I believe the gentleman's name was Adam and he said he was in training, but he did check with a supervisor. Customer service has always been polite and I'm never one to go off the rocker with someone. The order was 145215. I understand that there are some flavors people don't like from any vendor (for instance, JC Swiss Dark was not my cup of tea), but the flavor profile I described above is about what I get. Thanks for the prompt reply. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

    Edit: Oh I was writing before that showed up. I'll do that.

  6. #6
    Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Liquid-Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Wow, I'm really curious about this. Ry4 is one of my best sellers and have never heard this about it. Let me get this straight...you tried a friend's Apollo RY4...then you bought one and the flavor just wasn't there? Did you try it in the same (or similar) device? At the same voltage/resistance? Please let me know. I'd like to figure out what happened. I know there are flavors that take on completely different characteristics with different devices or voltage/resistances, but RY4 should be good in any (assuming you're not burning it, which does not sound like the case) Chris

  7. #7
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    DivideMyDestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the follow up. Most of what I use are Kanger EVODs and Protanks (no knockoffs). I've tried the liquid in both and the same results. Very little flavor, maybe just a hint of vanilla. Oddly enough, the liquid did darken in color slightly over the 2 weeks (which I'm assuming it's suppose to). I use 2.5 heads on both devices. I have a Smoktech SID, Vamo V3, and a little Ego-T battery I tote with me. All the same result. I've tried wattages anywhere from 4 to 9. You get a slight burnt taste at 9, but I started low and worked up hoping to pump some flavor out of the juice.

    When I tried it and read about it, I knew you made a great RY4. I'm certainly not hear to say you guys make a bad product. Everyone has been very professional and polite. If you have any suggestions let me know because I have 3 tanks full of this. lol I'm in no way an expert on this stuff so I'm all eyes.
    Last edited by DivideMyDestiny; 09-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    IronHorse likes this.

  8. #8
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Did you get the opportunity to email Sophia? How did that go?
    Quote Originally Posted by DivideMyDestiny View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the follow up. Most of what I use are Kanger EVODs and Protanks (no knockoffs). I've tried the liquid in both and the same results. Very little flavor, maybe just a hint of vanilla. Oddly enough, the liquid did darken in color slightly over the 2 weeks (which I'm assuming it's suppose to). I use 2.5 heads on both devices. I have a Smoktech SID, Vamo V3, and a little Ego-T battery I tote with me. All the same result. I've tried wattages anywhere from 4 to 9. You get a slight burnt taste at 9, but I started low and worked up hoping to pump some flavor out of the juice.

    When I tried it and read about it, I knew you made a great RY4. I'm certainly not hear to say you guys make a bad product. Everyone has been very professional and polite. If you have any suggestions let me know because I have 3 tanks full of this. lol I'm in no way an expert on this stuff so I'm all eyes.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    DivideMyDestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittykrazee View Post
    Did you get the opportunity to email Sophia? How did that go?
    I emailed her yesterday after that post but haven't heard anything back. I'll keep you updated.
    IronHorse likes this.

  10. #10
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Excellent! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DivideMyDestiny View Post
    I emailed her yesterday after that post but haven't heard anything back. I'll keep you updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread