How long have you been vaping?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: How long have you been vaping?

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran IronHorse's Avatar

Default How long have you been vaping?

So here's my question, how long have you been vaping and do you intend to quit at some point or continue Vaping?
    priorities and Reddhott like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Liquid-Chris's Avatar

You know, when I smoked cigarettes (almost 35 years) I wanted to quit because of the health concerns, but enjoyed smoking so much I found it hard to get motivated to break the habit. Three and a half years ago I picked up my first ecig and have not even been tempted to light up an analog since. Quit ecigs? Why?
    Reddhott, IronHorse and priorities like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid-Chris View Post
    You know, when I smoked cigarettes (almost 35 years) I wanted to quit because of the health concerns, but enjoyed smoking so much I found it hard to get motivated to break the habit. Three and a half years ago I picked up my first ecig and have not even been tempted to light up an analog since. Quit ecigs? Why?
    Exactly! I feel the same way. .I love Vaping and will not give it up

I started vaping in December 2012, so a bit over a year ago. I did start to help me quit analogs - and it's worked.

I don't much think about quitting vaping, maybe someday down the line but it's not on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
    I started vaping in December 2012, so a bit over a year ago. I did start to help me quit analogs - and it's worked.

I don't much think about quitting vaping, maybe someday down the line but it's not on the horizon.
    +1 I hear you there!
    Reddhott and priorities like this.

4 Months since I started, 2 Months just vaping. I do plan to quit juices that contain nicotine at some point, been lowering the nic level of my juices as I buy/make more. But as far as quitting altogether haven't really put much thought into it.
    IronHorse, Reddhott and priorities like this.

I've only been vaping for about 3 months. Spent a month smoking and vaping, then just decided I didnt need the analogs anymore. Havent touched one since I made that decision after 38 years of smoking. I tried everything and vaping was the only thing that worked. In fact its been pretty easy. I plan on vaping for a while. I have been cutting the nicotine back and now vape 8mg during the day and 4 at night. But I do vape a lot. I go through almost 3 batteries a day. For now, I have no immediate plans to quit. In fact I'm just getting started. Maybe someday I'll decide to stop. not too worried about that right now.
    IronHorse, priorities and Reddhott like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started fairly long ago as you can see in my signature. If and when I find out that nic will severely shorten my life I will stop. I don't see that happening. Nic isn't something to be proud of but it is somewhere btwn caffeine and smoking IMO.
    I am doing the best I can.
    priorities, Reddhott and IronHorse like this.

Doing the best we can is all anyone can ask for. It's a journey.
    Reddhott and pt91 like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Started vaping in Dec 2013. Can't tell you the date because it was just a spur of the moment thing. Went to smoke shop to buy smokes and noticed the disposables in the wall. Asked the gal there and she was beyond helpful. They didn't have much of a selection and they had been in the store less than a month but she also showed me the other stuff they had but suggested I try a disposable to see if it was for me so bought 4 of them along with my weekly 2 cartons. Gave a couple to my son and we both decided we liked this better. By the time I finished off the smokes, my first cigalike was here and neither of us ever looked back. Started at 24 mg and son at 18 and now we are at 12 mg. Then hubby came home from his trip and I started him at 12 mg

Anyway... I don't see myself ever quitting vaping but who knows??? This was all accidental for us and I honestly think that even if I go to 0 mg someday that I will still vape. I love the flavors and there are so many plus the hand habit was a lot of my failed attempts in the past.

I doubt the kid will ever quit vaping either. This is like a new hobby for him and he is already into building and rebuilding.

Hubby... I have a feeling that he will leave it completely someday. To him it was so much easier to grab a pack and go as opposed to charging batts, cleaning batts, filling cartos and the like. He will only use a white cig a like batt with a tan carto (which he fills without taking off the batt). I am the one that keeps his gear in order when he is home. When he travels, I send about 8 batts and 10 filled cartos with him. I went through about 20 juices to find one he would use and still that is the only one he will use. As you can see, his attitude towards vaping is totally different than most.

Sorry to have written a book but.... guess I am in a chatty mood this morning
    Reddhott likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast