Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Battery Charger ?

Default Best Battery Charger ?

As I was trying to figure out what kind of mod I would like, I realized that any mod I get will need a battery charger, and that since I might buy more than one mod, or want to use more than one kind of battery for any reason, I would want one good battery charger that would handle essentially anything.

Also, apparently battery length varies, usually because protected batteries need a little more room. So I want to be sure to get a charger that can deal with that.

Some battery types I would want to be sure it could charge since they seem to be popular.

18650 batteries.
    16340 batteries.
    15270 batteries.
    14500 batteries.
    10440 batteries.
    rcr123a batteries.
    others?

The battery charger that sounds like the best is the one sold with the Provari.
    Best Rechargeable Battery Chargers: Pila Battery Charger & Pila Charger

Is there anything wrong with that one? Anything better? Anything comparable but cheaper?

Just looking for opinions from those of you who have experience. I don't know anything about that sort of thing other than what I've recently read. I heard something about spacers, and I don't know if I'll need them, or if that's something I should plan to order separate. Being able to safely leave batteries in the charger when I'm asleep or away from home would be nice, and I don't think all chargers can handle that.

And while I'm asking, what's considered the best battery combo for a VV or higher voltage system? Looking for long "away from home" times before needing to swap batteries and such. Should ability to use the "best batteries" figure into what mod I should consider?
    Last edited by Baldr; 08-28-2011 at 02:43 AM.

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think thats the best one on the market right now I believe it comes with the spacers also.I am gonna buy one for my Provari batteries this week. I just like the fact that it can be left on if you forget about it for awhile.Waiting to see if the still have them for $40 at provapes they did for awhile but Im not sure anymore b4 I order mine I asked in there thread so I will know Monday.
    Last edited by themysterious1; 08-28-2011 at 02:47 AM. Reason: ?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you have a multimeter you can check what the typical, cheaper charger is charging the batteries to. Such as the AW IMR 18650's should charge to about 4.2

The Pila charger is supposed to be fantastic, but if a cheaper charger is charging the batteries sufficiently, then it will do just fine!

Where you invest your love, you invest your life

I do think there is more to a good charger than just "will it charge them", like the ability to leave them hooked up without worrying about safety. And I don't want to get a multimeter and double check everything, I just want a good charger I can trust and that will work with a variety of batteries.

The Buzz Pro VV mod says it uses 16340 batteries.
    Buzz Pro

But then this page suggests something else.
    ICR123A 3.7v Battery SET for the Buzz - notcigs.com

The Buzz Pro is fairly high on my "what should I get next" list. No matter what I get, though, it will need batteries and a charger.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baldr View Post
    I do think there is more to a good charger than just "will it charge them", like the ability to leave them hooked up without worrying about safety. And I don't want to get a multimeter and double check everything, I just want a good charger I can trust and that will work with a variety of batteries.

The Buzz Pro VV mod says it uses 16340 batteries.
    Buzz Pro

But then this page suggests something else.
    ICR123A 3.7v Battery SET for the Buzz - notcigs.com

The Buzz Pro is fairly high on my "what should I get next" list. No matter what I get, though, it will need batteries and a charger.
    It looks like those batteries are for the regular buzz and not the buzz pro? For $20 more you could get the Provari with the VV.The buzz pro is $139. and the Provari is $159. not trying to lean you in any way I was thinking of the buzz pro but when I saw they had the Provari VV for $20 more I thought hell I cant go wrong.

When I start looking at the Provari, I want the black chrome, and I want the 18650 extension, and by the time I'm done, the price has jumped way up there. That makes me think "Get a Buzz Pro first, and later, get a Provari".

I'm not sure I want an LED thing on one I take out to a bar and such. I'd like it around the house. So right now I'm leaning towards a Buzz Pro first, then a Provari later.
    RIMP likes this.

And maybe I should be thinking the same thing about a battery charger. A basic one that will power whatever the Buzz Pro needs now, and I can get a good battery charger later if I still feel the need.

That would let me stash my extra charger in the car as a "just in case I need it away from home" thing.

ECF Veteran

I understand they do get up there in price fast. I dont think u can go wrong with the charger thou.Im gonna order one next week.I do know that NO company can sell them for less than $45 Pila has it set up that way somehow? Heres a link to there site if you want to order it straight form them?

Pila Flashlights

ECF Veteran

I have a pila that I bought with my provari. I charge 3.7v 18650 AW IMR 1600mah. It works great! The pila's do a 4 stage charge and take the battery to 4.2 and then trickles to keep them at that but not above.

ECF Veteran

can a bad battery charger mess up your batteries? as in degrade the life or not hold the voltage as well as it should?

HG-1210W Lithium Ion Battery Charger

was thinking of getting this charger as it can charge lifepo4s, 18650s and 14500s...but its the only one with no reviews so im skeptical

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast