Getting my first Provari!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Getting my first Provari!

Full Member* ECF Veteran Fatboy 589's Avatar

Default Getting my first Provari!

My bosses finally decided to take the plunge and order all of the staff Provaris. I'm really excited since a buddy of mine has four of them and he's proven they're virtually indestructible. One of his got hit by a 2500 dolly, then proceeded to just throw it behind him to show us it's durable. "Does it still work?" "Yeah!" He spiked it on the ground, still works. Awesome. So I'm not worried about the durability. But what are, in those of you who own provaris, your experience with them? Any weird quirks they have? Weird things they sometimes may do? Just want to know what YOUR experience is with your provari so I can kind of know what to expect.

After some use with a Lavatube, Zmax, and a Zmax Sigelei, I noticed they've all got little quirks to them. Whether or not it's bad battery life, voltage/menu changing on it's own, not firing when I push the button, blah blah. Everything has something, so anything with Provaris?
    Last edited by Fatboy 589; 02-20-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Blog Entries

I have found my Provari to be very sensitive as to the battery connections. Any little dirt or corosion buildup on the inner positive battery connection, the battery ends themselves, and even the dark oxidation of the bare metal threading on the battery endcap can cause conduction issues. So be sure to do monthly isopropal alcocol wipedowns of the actual battery connections with long cotton tip applicators, and buy some Noalox (available on the Provape website, or from your hardware supplier) for the end cap threads. The Noalox will keep those 'buttery' threads...buttery. (Tip: a little bit goes a LONG way.)

You've got some pretty special bosses there. Enjoy your Provari's.

Full Member Verified Member

I'm on the fence about getting a provari. Let me know how you like it and it compares to the PV's you listed.

Awesome, thank you! I've got some pretty high expectations about it so far, so I'm really excited. I'll have some experience with the Vamo's as well as the Evic's soon, so I'm pretty pumped to compare them all to the Provari.

Full Member Verified Member

Love my Provari as Im sure you will too! The provari menu system can take a little getting used to, but soon its second nature using it. Most the time I dont even have to look at the screen.
    DPLongo22 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Where the heck do you work in Florida? And please don't tell me, "V2 Cigs".

To Baditute's point, do that cleaning. All the stuff you need (99% alcohol, long cotton swabs & Noalox), are available on Amazon for relatively cheap prices.
    Baditude likes this.

EPM v1 /v2, Billet Box v3/v3.a, Provari v2/Ti, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oh! And to your question, I haven't found anything quirky at all with them. I am VERY hard on things (EVERYTHING), and have had to send a couple back, once or twice, but each time they've been returned to me within one week of leaving my hand. ProVape's customer service is extraordinary when it comes to responsiveness and results.

And, seriously, I break EVERYTHING. My friends call me "Dr. Destructo". Most people never have to send their's back.
    Baditude likes this.

EPM v1 /v2, Billet Box v3/v3.a, Provari v2/Ti, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 589 View Post
    My bosses finally decided to take the plunge and order all of the staff Provaris. I'm really excited since a buddy of mine has four of them and he's proven they're virtually indestructible. One of his got hit by a 2500 dolly, then proceeded to just throw it behind him to show us it's durable. "Does it still work?" "Yeah!" He spiked it on the ground, still works. Awesome. So I'm not worried about the durability. But what are, in those of you who own provaris, your experience with them? Any weird quirks they have? Weird things they sometimes may do? Just want to know what YOUR experience is with your provari so I can kind of know what to expect.

After some use with a Lavatube, Zmax, and a Zmax Sigelei, I noticed they've all got little quirks to them. Whether or not it's bad battery life, voltage/menu changing on it's own, not firing when I push the button, blah blah. Everything has something, so anything with Provaris?
    Quirky? I think the reason so many people like them is the fact that they aren't quirky. There's a bit of a learning curve but having had a Zmax you won't have a problem.

The one thing that will take getting used to and can get very frustrating... The errors.
    You set your Zmax and you vape. If the Zmax can't deliver what you've asked for, it will deliver what it can. If the Provari can't deliver what you've asked for it will give an error message and not fire.

Anyway, congrats on the new company e-cig. If only all employers were so enlightened!

ECF Veteran

You can pick up Nolax at Lowes and Home Depot as well, it's less than $2 a tube, and as 'Tude said, a little goes a long way!
    I haven't found a quirk one with mine yet, unless I do something stupid, don't tighten down the atty or spill juice on the connection. It just works!
    As for the menu, I was leary of it as well, I think it took me 20min to figure it out? The hardest part is I tend to click too fast and pass the menu item I want. No biggie, just keep clicking and it goes back around to it. Once you get used to it it's rather intuitive to use, no harder than a smart phone.
    Baditude likes this.
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by DPLongo22 View Post
    Where the heck do you work in Florida? And please don't tell me, "V2 Cigs".
    Shop called Gulf Coast Vapors. We're one of probably 25+ in the SW area. We're one of the original shops, which is pretty cool. So many people are getting into it now, it's kinda scary. But anyways, I'm also excessively harsh on my things. I get made fun of a lot for breaking stuff all the time, it's kinda bad. But I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how it works out for myself and everyone else in the store. I hope it's worth the $175 I'm dropping on the thing xD

Thank you everyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast