Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Opinions on the best vaping devices out there

Default Opinions on the best vaping devices out there

Currently have a vamo, using vivi nova with it but annoying because it easily burns wicks even at lowish settings, so am looking for the best device out there.

I hear a lot of good things about the Reo, although there seems to be some negatives to it also, eg www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeda3-SYmvU

I hear a lot of good things about the provari, does it still rank among the best?

I want something reliable with 5ml+ capacity, consistent good vape etc as the vamo is only as good as it's tanks and none of them seem to be able to handle it at 6watts+ for more than a week!

Thanks

Blog Entries

Both the Reo and Provari are excellent mods in what they do. Different form factors (box mod vs tube mod). One is a bottom feeder, meaning it is virtually a continuous drip atty mod. The Provari is a traditional PV that uses more conventional juice delivery devices.

I don't own a Reo, so I don't know a whole lot about it.

I have a Provari and it is my favorite of two mechanical mods and three variable voltage mods. I feel it's main selling points are its dependability and consistancy, durability, accurate voltage output with no dropoff with the decline of a batteries use. There is also the manufacturer's stellar customer service, and willingness to service a Provari after warranty for already set fees for service. No Chinese mod can offer that. It is still the standard that most other mods are compared to, as the most well known video reviewer (PBusardo) compares all other mods against it.

My favorite juice delivery device are pyrex cartotanks.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran jazon1's Avatar

Provari with a Z-Atty is about the best you can get as far as build quality, performance, looks but is also very expensive cost about $350 for the set, i use a vivi nova on my provari mini,and a few vamos and zmax's and have never burned a wick is it possible you bought a nockoff?

i even dry burn my vivi heads after washing them off and still dont get any burnt flavor after refilling them like i used to with other attys, normaly i use the 1.6ohm vivi heads and run about 4.2V or 7.5 Watts depending on the device and they always work great my only complaint is the wick gets a bit clogged up after a tank or two of heavily flavored juice.
    kiwivap and budynbuick like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's subjective really, as we are different.
    Personally, I think a Reo is the very best all-day, carry everywhere, no leaks,virtually unbreakable, takes plenty of juice, good battery capacity and handy format-mod there is. And with a bottom-fed RBA, you have flavor and vapor on a top level as well.

The switch on the VV's are way different now, quite something else than in the review. Personally I haven't had any issues with the batteries shifting in the 3+ weeks I've had mine, I don't find it hard to turn on and off, but I agree on the voltage wheel, it could definitely be better, but in practice it's not an issue at all for me.

But that's just my opinion of course, someone else might have different preferences.

So there is zero chance of burning a mod like the Reo? I guess it doesn't even use wicks at all then.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by scotiwis View Post
    So there is zero chance of burning a mod like the Reo? I guess it doesn't even use wicks at all then.
    You have three options with a Reo, a regular 510 atomizer, a regular 510 cartomizer and bottom-fed RBA's like the Reomizer, Hornet, Chalize and more. All RBA's uses wicks and coils.

And of course you can burn an atomizer on it, but when you make your own wicks and coils you really have to mess something up to make that happen....
    Baditude likes this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't have a VV Reo but let me tell you these things are the definition of durable in non VV variants. Plus now that I have a bottom feeder everything else seems like a hassle. I have ordered a provari and will likely order a Grand vv as well. I think trying to pick one over the other would be almost impossible and comes down to preference.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Baditude likes this.
    Current ADVs: Reo Grand w/Hornet rba @0.8ohm & Precise+ w/DID @0.6ohm sucking down BlackVelvetEjuice!
    Come Join us in
    ECF Live Chat!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotiwis View Post
    Currently have a vamo, using vivi nova with it but annoying because it easily burns wicks even at lowish settings, so am looking for the best device out there.

I hear a lot of good things about the Reo, although there seems to be some negatives to it also, eg VV Reo Grand Review (Variable Voltage) - YouTube

I hear a lot of good things about the provari, does it still rank among the best?

I want something reliable with 5ml+ capacity, consistent good vape etc as the vamo is only as good as it's tanks and none of them seem to be able to handle it at 6watts+ for more than a week!

Thanks
    Hi Scott - you seem to be mixing up the mod and the juice delivery attached to it. You're issue is with the vivi novas you have. You can use other attachments with the Vamo. Before you spend a lot of money on another device, maybe you could try some different attachments.
    Have you used any cartomizers?
    You seem to think you have to use wicks with a Vamo. You can use any 510 threaded attachment. You can use the ZAP with a Vamo. The other mods you mentioned are good mods. But the mod is separate from the juice delivery system.
    Do you have any experience with rebuildable atomizers? The ZAP is a rebuildable atomizer - there is a steep learning curve with rebuildables for many people. If you want to try one you can buy them much cheaper and they are very good.
    I'll show a pic of what I'm using with the Vamo, its a rebuildable atomizer called an AGA-T+. The AGA-T+ costs about $30.
    I think if you haven't tried cartomizers you could do that - or even a cartomizer tank. People here are puzzled by your problem with the vivi novas - they do need to be cleaned. That may be the issue.

Anyway - here's a picture to show you that the device can be used with different things - the AGA-T+ holds 3ml:

Last edited by kiwivap; 02-20-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Renolizzie likes this.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

Hi Kiwivap - I have no experience at all with rebuildable atomizers and to be honest wouldn't have the time to explore it. However that AGA-T+ looks interesting. Can you explain more how it works - there's no wick then? Does that mean it will last as is for quite a while without needing to do anything to it or replace it, and the vape is on a par/better than eg a vivi nova? Does it come pre-built so I just need to attach it to the vamo and do nothing else with it? I live in New Zealand so I'd probably need to get it shipped internationally from somewhere but would need to be sure it would solve my issues once and for all lol

Oh you are NZ also - should've twigged from the name!!
    kiwivap likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast