Mechanical mods under $100? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Mechanical mods under $100?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Statistic View Post
    That KTS-GGTS is a mighty fine looking piece of kit, thanks for sharing! Of course I was kidding about holding you accountable for anything, that was my way of saying your opinions about the #8 were a factor in my decision to get it. I like that you are so enthusiastic about it, I am like a kid at christmas here.. I can not wait for it to show up!!

Hmmm... man... the more I look at that mod the more I like it. The one you are holding does look a bit different from the website though. I thought the Legacy had a beveled top cap, and the switch on yours looks a bit different too. On their website I didn't see any pics depicting the difference between the button being locked or unlocked, if it has a button lock.

Decisions decisions. I'm gonna have to exercise some self control and just not order anything else until my first mech gets here :P

That's because this one has the Legacy's new flat top cap .. bottom button has a lock out - The picture is in fire mode.. by the way.. you can leave it in "fire mode" if you want to and set it down on your desk and it wont fire.. will sit securely either way.. Love the bottom switch on this mod..very smooth and secure..easy on the old pinky finger...and mine is pretty old
    Statistic likes this.
    "There is no spoon"

ECF Veteran

So, update. I was waiting until payday to order my #8, and the site went out of stock. So, was going through the classifieds and found a member selling a CCTS in decent condition (gonna need some cleaning) for way below my budget. So, it's going in the mail today and should be here by the end of the week. Thanks for all you help guys/gals. If I end up falling in love with the CCTS, will most likely be looking for a higher end mod by the end of summer then!
    Statistic likes this.

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The #8's are back in stock at VaporTek I'm thinking about grabbing a second for..uhh..backup, lol.

Grats on your entry into mechanical vaping! I hope you love your CCTS as much as I love my Sig8.

My mind is so thoroughly blown with the difference between mech and electronic vaping I actually traded my Provari for an Electric Angel, should be here by the end of the week, sooooo excited I can barely stand it

Link to Sig8's in stock
    Last edited by Statistic; 05-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

ECF Veteran

Figures, I buy something and the item I was looking at comes back in stock. Anyone know how the Natural holds up compared to the #8? Vaportek has the $100 Natural with RSST combo I wouldn't mind grabbing at the end of the summer.

And thanks for the congrats and info about it being back in stock.

Also, know the feeling about trading, ended up trading my SID for rebuildable's and materials to use with the CCTS.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I recently got a Natural, and soon thereafter I got a Sigelei telescope #19 - I much prefer the Sigelei to the Natural. Better build quality, can use any battery size and I was getting hot button issues with the Natural.

ECF Veteran

I wanted to like my natural, but I didn't. Much preferred my DrawTube to the natural (which I didnt see mentioned here either).

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrook View Post
    After getting a VV/VW device, I realized it wasn't what I was looking for. So, now i'm on the hunt for a mechanical, but my budget isn't that big. I'm looking for preferably under $100, and $50 or under would be better. I know the one I want, but will only get once I am comfortable on mechanicals (eyeballing the Titanide and Curve), so i'm saving money for a higher end mechanical, not trying to be cheap. So, anyone have any suggestions?
    Realized I was in the same boat after I bought my Vamo. Nothing wrong with it just want too see the difference between a vv/vw with kanger clearos and a mech with rba's . Under $100 is my budget too. Since I think the Vamo is fine I went in on a couple pre-orders. Personally I'm not a fan of pinky or bottom firing. What can I say I don't have big hands and it just looks like it would be awkward to use for me. Currently, I'm waiting on a sigelei #20 and the new smok tech mini e-pipe, both from vaportekusa. I'll let you know how I like them when they arrive!

Full Member Verified Member nlogax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotsmoking View Post
    I wanted to like my natural, but I didn't. Much preferred my DrawTube to the natural (which I didnt see mentioned here either).
    Would you happen to know what the diameter of the top of the drawtube is? I see theyre on sale at vaporbank and want to get a tank thats the same size (or closest I can get).

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nlogax View Post
    Would you happen to know what the diameter of the top of the drawtube is? I see theyre on sale at vaporbank and want to get a tank thats the same size (or closest I can get).
    Pretty sure its just a hair over 22mm, matches up with the aga-t nicely. The drawtube top cap and 510 threading is NICE for a china deal its a solid mod I had no trouble out of mine, I didn't notice a difference after sanding the contacts, YMMV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Full Member Verified Member

I have kts china gg, it looks good, but I won't recommend it. This thing last me 2 months before the thread got loose. I bought 2 k100, I will see how long they last.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast