High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics - Page 374
Page 374 of 834 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 8336
Like Tree11156Likes

Thread: High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zencoder View Post
    ...The spring assembly from Rampage is a plus / minus... Minus:the spring is waaay to soft... Plus:It's not the spring you want, it's the spring cup. This will help prevent the shorts you were probably having with the old spring. I went to the hardware store and found some nice brass springs. Just make sure that when the spring is fully compressed, it has a smaller height than the cup, and you will have a solid contact, no shorts, and a really steady mech.

Fantastic Zen!

But peeps, is ur Ba Gua button still that hard after some usage? A week into play my OEM buttons seem to have softened up. Not that smooth as a spring-loaded one would be, but quite comfy already. I believe those magnets need some breaking-in.
    Zencoder and Volcanoboy like this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Senior Member Verified Member

As far as I know a magnet won't loose any of its power at all over time. Well, maybe after years and years but I've read that even after a hundred years it will only have lost something like 90-95% of its original strength.

Unless you use some method to treat the magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by qorax View Post
    Fantastic Zen!

But peeps, is ur Ba Gua button still that hard after some usage? A week into play my OEM buttons seem to have softened up. Not that smooth as a spring-loaded one would be, but quite comfy already. I believe those magnets need some breaking-in.
    Maybe you gained some serious pinky muscles working out with the bagua :P

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanoboy View Post
    Grrrr....

So basically it's a brass spring I want?
    its helps... really it's that cup... when you got a hot spring, that's a sure sign of a short. The cup assembly that comes with the spring replacement order allows for the device to have a solid connection through and through... why I mentioned the compression of the spring needs to be smaller than the lip of that cup. You also want to flatten out your spring ends so you have a whole coil loop as a bse on each end. Since your negative post is pretty much your mech as a ground, you want to have a really solid connection on that switch. A spring that is wobbling around is just asking issues and it's why I love that cup. Top down.. Screw : Post : Button : Cup... That's your connection with the assembly. The spring can add / take away from overall impedance in the device, so I choose to work with brass springs (also it tends to be softer). Any hardware store worth it merit will have a collection of springs you can buy by the fist full. Once you have the button dialed in, it's a damn fine device, probably my used one right now (until the Paps shows up.. we shall see) ... grin.. just realized, I think I've put waaay too much time tinkering with the Segelai switches and trolling mechanical forums.
    Volcanoboy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanoboy View Post
    Maybe you gained some serious pinky muscles working out with the bagua :P
    lol... and 1 and 2 and vape and two and 1 and 2 and vape and 2... remember to breathe... the BaGua workout. (Side note.. I use my middle finger to fire the switch.. maybe its from using the Nzonic v3 so much.)

its helps... really it's that cup... when you got a hot spring, that's a sure sign of a short. The cup assembly that comes with the spring replacement order allows for the device to have a solid connection through and through... why I mentioned the compression of the spring needs to be smaller than the lip of that cup. You also want to flatten out your spring ends so you have a whole coil loop as a bse on each end. Since your negative post is pretty much your mech as a ground, you want to have a really solid connection on that switch. A spring that is wobbling around is just asking issues and it's why I love that cup. Top down.. Screw : Post : Button : Cup... That's your connection with the assembly. The spring can add / take away from overall impedance in the device, so I choose to work with brass springs (also it tends to be softer). Any hardware store worth it merit will have a collection of springs you can buy by the fist full. Once you have the button dialed in, it's a damn fine device, probably my used one right now (until the Paps shows up.. we shall see) ... grin.. just realized, I think I've put waaay too much time tinkering with the Segelai switches and trolling mechanical forums.
    Cheers. Shouldn't have a problem finding a decent spring. Also the shipping from Team Rampage is the fastest I've seen. Just 4 days to reach the country side of Norway.

lol... and 1 and 2 and vape and two and 1 and 2 and vape and 2... remember to breathe... the BaGua workout. (Side note.. I use my middle finger to fire the switch.. maybe its from using the Nzonic v3 so much.)
    Haha yeah. People are going to brag about how many bagua repetitions they can pull. And then you'll start seeing ads "I got ripped in 2 weeks using this simple Korean technique. Click to learn more".

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vander615 View Post
    Ok,as a newbie,I have to ask.When dealing with Mechs...we are all dealing with 3.7 volts....assuming you are running the same atty,tank,carto etc etc...how is one going to hit better than another?Aside from feel in your hand,button feel and looks I dont see how one can be better than another as far as hit quality.I dont see hit quality mentioned often when dealing with Mechs but I have seen it mentioned.Maybe a placebo effect to feel better about spending 200 bucks on a Mech?I love the nice Mechs too,so dont get me wrong,I just like them because of looks and what I might have read or seen about button feel and such.
    Many of the recent crop Chinese clones are of very good quality.. Here is what Vapesquad (They review many high-end mods also) had to say regarding EHPro's EA mod clone:

Review: The EHPro EA Mod Clone - Vape Squad

We were also surprised — maybe even shocked — at how well the EHPro EA Mod clone performed. We tested, re-tested, and tested again, and through all of it the EHPro clone performed extremely well; almost unbelievably well. It fired consistently, exhibiting no misfires and uncommonly consistent voltage output. We also experienced extremely little voltage drop with the mod: on average, it retained an almost unheard-of 99.3% of battery voltage to the atomizer, a drop of only .03 volts on a 4.2-volt battery. We weren’t quite willing to believe it at first, but this Chinese-made clone mod with what EHPro says are gold-plated brass contacts outperformed just about everything we’ve ever tested.
    Also, the MKB-TS (GGTS Clone)

The Rainbow Heaven MKB-TS - Vape Squad

Performance of the mod was unexpectedly good for a Chinese mod. The use of brass contacts internally seems to improve throughput greatly, and the MKB-TS exhibited an average voltage retention of approximately 92% in our tests (a drop of .33 volts of a 4.25 volt charge) both with adapters and without, putting it up there with some of the best we’ve tested.
    I've been known to be a "mod-snob" over the years here, and have owned many high-end mods. In fact, I rarely touched a Chinese mod before the Terminator-C and MKB-TS came on the scene. As long as the Chinese continue producing nicely machined, great performing mods, I will buy them..
    Fullknight likes this.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pete54 View Post
    Just popped for a Lux plus 18500 tube. No idea why I bought one. This is a disease!
    I'm trying hard to stay away from the US site
    i already ordered from VA the other day

and coz i want a matte nemesis

Full Member Verified Member

Finally got my UNICORN!!!!!!! Found a matte nemesis for sale and worked out a deal on it so now I dont have to stay up until 230am tonight clicking refresh trying to snag the batch being released tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to try it out!
    qorax and Volcanoboy like this.