Clone: Sentinel Mechanical Mod - Page 22
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Clone: Sentinel Mechanical Mod

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by xEtherized View Post
    Does anyone know a fix for a stuck locking ring on the V3? I tried my best to unscrew it but it just won't. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Hasn't happened with my v3 yet . .but it has happened with one of my other mods. What I did was wrap the end in a towel and use vice-grips to gently but firmly hold one end in place. Then, with a cloth to prevent slipping, twist the other end with my hands.

Worked fine - just be carefull not to clamp the vice grips down too hard and definitely use a towel to protect the finish.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know a fix for a stuck locking ring on the V3? I tried my best to unscrew it but it just won't. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I read somewhere on here that somebody just used a pair of washing up gloves, might be worth a try.
    Bagua, Tvs all brass, nemesis, Caravela, Chi-you, Atom, Bellwether, Tree of life...Trident RDA, 4 kayfuns, 2 russians, Rocket.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyrocker View Post
    I have the all brass one on the way.

Browsing WIRE/AIRCRAFT CABLE
    Thank you sir
    Fullknight likes this.
    Madz Modz Nzonic III, GLV Super Mini, Sidewinder, eVic, SID, iTaste, SVD, MVP V2.0, Natural,Telescope, Sentinel, Revolution, Hybrid Elite, Chi You, Nemesis, VMod, Cana Modz DNA30, V3 Flip.

When I'm using my Sentinel clone the button slowly unscrews, so occasionally I have to take the end cap off and screw the button back in. It's a minor annoyance, but would like to fix that if there's a way, as I prefer it screwed in all the way so it locks better. Anybody running into this too and have a fix for it?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    havoc1967 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    When I'm using my Sentinel clone the button slowly unscrews, so occasionally I have to take the end cap off and screw the button back in. It's a minor annoyance, but would like to fix that if there's a way, as I prefer it screwed in all the way so it locks better. Anybody running into this too and have a fix for it?
    I had the same problem. A little teflon tape did the trick. Good luck,
    Jerms likes this.
    I'd rather be happy than right any day! Live the dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Roccov View Post
    I had the same problem. A little teflon tape did the trick. Good luck,
    Thanks! I just looked up teflon tape since I didn't know what it was, and it seems useful to have around. Glad to see there's a simple and easy remedy for the button.

Just to make sure. The locking ring locks clockwise and unlocks counter clock wise right?

Just to make sure. The locking ring locks clockwise and unlocks counter clock wise right?
    Correct.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So me and this mod have been battling. Finally looked in my cabinet and found two plastic washers, clipped out a section from both and slipped them between the positive post and the top cap. I can now tighten this thing down all the way, as tight as she'll go, and my post on my rba doesn't move at all. Now I don't hate it at all.
    michliu likes this.

Reo Grand Black Wrinkle Orange with RM2, Trident Clone on Smoktech Natural, RSST on Sentinel V3 Clone, The Bolt (dead)

Flavor Chaser Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just received my aluminum one today along with my first set of the Panny 2900mAH PD's. What a monster combo! Measuring .22v (!!!) drop on the tube. Firing an AGA-T2 with 1/16 inlet @ .8 ohms for insane amounts of vapor and flavor. Loving the throw on the switch. Unit is nice and light, super-grippy, and just feels great in the hand. Threads are even and smooth. Stands up unlocked without firing.

Considering what I spent (30 bucks and change!!!), this is easily the best vaping purchase I've made thus far this year. Spent zero time tinkering other than a quick Noalox treatment, and I think I'm just going to let this AGA live right where it is so I don't risk borking the threads. They are indeed quite soft, which is really the only gripe I can find. Just remove the top cap and screw it onto your atomizer carefully and you're golden.

Get you one!
    michliu, Fullknight and PinoyBoy like this.