Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Please recommend me a quality 18650 charger that charges under 8 hours

Just a "Member" Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I would go for the pila, I struggled through 2 Efest Lucs before I gave up and grabbed a Pila. The Luc's voltage detection is really inaccurate. Both of the ones I had would tell me my Batts were fully charged, 9 times out of 10 when I checked them on a multi meter they would be between 3.9 to 4.1. Very rarely did a battery meter out at 4.2 volts. I would have to take the battery off and put it back on a few times in order to get it to a full 4.2 volts. Because of it's inaccuracy, the fancy LCD screen was next to useless. Other than the spacers, the Pila is no muss no fuss. I put the batts on, wait till the lights blink green and voila, full charge every time.
    BuGlen likes this.
    "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify". Henry David Thoreau

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I also recommend the Pila. Researched these forums prior to purchasing, and that is what I bought. Charges all my batteries, 18650, 18500, & 18350 just fine. Two at a time if i prefer.

Paid $45
    =ELA v1; ELA v2; Hana v3 mini; Hana v3=
    =GP Spheroid; Kfl v1; Kfl v2; Taifun GT; Origen v2=

Vapor Fanatic ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

FYI: I just tested the Nitecore i2 I just received this past week, and it took about 5 hours to charge 2 AW 18650 batteries. The same batteries take about 3 to 3.5 hours in my Pila charger. The Nitecore does appear to be a decent charger for the money (about $20 on Amazon), but it only outputs .5 amps max which will take longer to charge larger capacity batteries.

The Nitecore I got replaces an XTar WP2 II that had one of the charging bays quit after about 6 months use, and we'll see how well the Nitecore holds up over time.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have the xtar sp-2, it charges my 18650's in 2.5 to 3 hours on the 1a setting. It has 3 charging levels .5, 1, and 2 amp. The 2a is for 26650's but the half and one amp are good for anything smaller. It takes about 5 hours on the half amp level FYI. Great charger that charges multiple sizes without the need for spacers. If you want a led readout on your charger the xtar vp-2 is the way to go. It also has multiple charging speeds, but only up to 1amp which is fine if your only charging 18650. You don't want to charge 18650's at 2 amps anyway because it can be dangerous and shorten the life of your batteries.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BuGlen View Post
    FYI: I just tested the Nitecore i2 I just received this past week, and it took about 5 hours to charge 2 AW 18650 batteries. The same batteries take about 3 to 3.5 hours in my Pila charger. The Nitecore does appear to be a decent charger for the money (about $20 on Amazon), but it only outputs .5 amps max which will take longer to charge larger capacity batteries.

The Nitecore I got replaces an XTar WP2 II that had one of the charging bays quit after about 6 months use, and we'll see how well the Nitecore holds up over time.
    I'm afraid to even hint how.long I've had.my XTAR 6's. I guess I'll just treat each day forward as a bonus and appreciate it.

EPM v1 /v2, Billet Box v3/v3.a, Provari v2/Ti, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GameDesigner View Post
    I second this choice. I have 2 of them and they are great chargers.
    Zenesis Mini #0119, AYS #0122, BAM #038, 490 Magnum TI #28, MFA, cObalt, Gunmetal Zen 2 Medius, Zen 2 Cartotank, Sidewinder(s), Provari/ZAP, Kayfun 3.1, & Kayfun Lite.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This seems like a pretty decent deal on a Nitecore i4 w/free shipping, i grabbed one:
    New Nitecore I4 Intellicharger Charger for 18650 1850014500 18350 16340 18700 AA | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by CABBA View Post
    Just who do you think you are? Stalin? Or some keyboard warrior, AVE fan boy, Power Ranger wanna be.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by xtwosm0kesx View Post
    This seems like a pretty decent deal on a Nitecore i4 w/free shipping, i grabbed one:
    New Nitecore I4 Intellicharger Charger for 18650 1850014500 18350 16340 18700 AA | eBay
    I have one. It's good, but it's new, so I can't speak for longevity.

EPM v1 /v2, Billet Box v3/v3.a, Provari v2/Ti, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234