Best Side Button Mech Mod - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best Side Button Mech Mod

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I don't have a side-button mech yet, but based on my experience with Atmomixani's Nemesis, I'm almost certain to go with their 69 mod.

If not the 69, then the Electric Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    If you use the stock top cap, you will need an adaptor. With the stealth cap, which is available separately, you won't need adaptors. I got mine at Stormysvaporcellar.
    Either way, the MKB is a nice, hard hitting, mid price mechanical.
    Could you maybe provide a picture? Id love to see how it looks with the stealth cap. So basically with the stealth cap you won't have to worry about getting those adapters right? Does it have like a floating pin or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WattWick View Post
    If, and only if, you plan to only use atties that have side air intake on a Natural, you can sand down the 510 connector until it's flush with the cap. Then there won't be a gap. If you want a flush fit with atties that have air intake in the 510 connector, you'll have to dremel out grooves in the cap for air flow.

I think the Natural is just too long. I'd look for the shortest possible side-button mod if I were in your shoes.
    Sanding? Too long? yeah too many no no's. I'll pass on the natural for now. FOR NOW lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmizer View Post
    I don't have a side-button mech yet, but based on my experience with Atmomixani's Nemesis, I'm almost certain to go with their 69 mod.

If not the 69, then the Electric Angel.
    Eh don't like the EA heard of its flaws. I'll look into the 69 mod. Thanks Frank!

I have Atmomixani's 69 in SS, and love it. Hits hard and the button can be on the top or bottom. I run it with the button on top.

Full Member Verified Member

I have played with my friend's Atmizoo Roller, the button is super nice. I love pressing it just for the hell of it. If you can dish out a couple more dollars above your maximum price, I'd say hop on that. I've had the mkb-ts since April, and all it needed was a brass shim for the button, you can find that diy through the mkb-ts thread on this forum. Hits like a beast, and it's quite nice and works well with the Ithaka tank.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ive been looking for a mech at the same $150 price point. Its frustrating since there's not a lot out there. Its all cheap clones or low end for $75 and below or they are high end and start at $180. Im still looking although ive decided to suck it up and add some extra money to my budget. One thing that worked for me was a wanted ad in the classifieds. Ive done it twice and gotten several responses both times. I just stated in my ad what I wanted and my budget. Give it a try.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here are a few pics of the MKB-TS. 1 with stock cap and 1 with stealth cap. I put an 18650 next to it for size comparison.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ultra Member ECF Veteran WattWick's Avatar

It's longer once you put any battery in there, right? I haven't sanded my center pin, but by the looks of it, even a 18350 would call for at least a little bit of telescoping.

Full Member Verified Member

Suprised none said it yet. The Poldiac!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepinfamily View Post
    Ive been looking for a mech at the same $150 price point. Its frustrating since there's not a lot out there. Its all cheap clones or low end for $75 and below or they are high end and start at $180. Im still looking although ive decided to suck it up and add some extra money to my budget. One thing that worked for me was a wanted ad in the classifieds. Ive done it twice and gotten several responses both times. I just stated in my ad what I wanted and my budget. Give it a try.
    With your budget around 180$ I'm sure you will find something amazing.
    I'll sign up for the classifieds soon, I just heard its tedious work to sign up. There's like a process or something.

Quote Originally Posted by smitighe View Post
    Here are a few pics of the MKB-TS. 1 with stock cap and 1 with stealth cap. I put an 18650 next to it for size comparison.
    omg it's so sexy. I do like the original cap though i think it has AFC? but i don't mind using the stealth cap. How is the performance though? What are the pins that come with it? brass? Is it heavy mod?

Quote Originally Posted by DDN79 View Post
    Suprised none said it yet. The Poldiac!
    No one said it cause it's way too expensive! lol. However, they are in the process of cloning it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast