iTaste SVD is a CHAMP! A true story of chinese triumph.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: iTaste SVD is a CHAMP! A true story of chinese triumph.

Full Member Verified Member

Default iTaste SVD is a CHAMP! A true story of chinese triumph.

The SVD has handled everything i have thrown at it, including everything i've thrown IT AT!

I have had this mod covered with sandy/oily substances from holding it in my dirty hands and riding shotgun unprotected in my pocket, quick scrub with a tooth brush and it was back to brand new every time. I've dropped it on carpeted floors and from low distances inside a few times, but today it really took a wallop

The SVD plummeted to the pavement from a height of about 5ft today and landed with a straight THUD! It bounced around a few times before finally resting next to a bunch of kanger T3S pieces. The T3S didn't fare so well but that's expected, it hit so hard the tank snapped off at the base, even the coil chimney and flavor wick were thrown helplessly onto the pavement. However as if by magic when i picked it up there was about 1.5ml of juice still left in the top half for salvaging!

However the SVD took this in stride. There were a few scratches from the mayhem but they are not even able to be photographed that's how insignificant they are. The center pin is perfectly fine(most likely due to the eGo threaded T3S which is why i use eGo tanks in the first place), the LCD screen is still perfect, and all of the buttons still function like new. I threw a spare T3S on it and vaped like nothing ever happened.

Those who may question the quality of SVD's from fasttech may rest assured this is a quality mod!

Ohh im so glad its a good mod cause i really want to buy it!!

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is really good to know! Been eyeing this mod!

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

I have owned it for about 40 days now and have not had a single problem. I looked a bit harder today after posting and found the scratches. There are basically 2 scuffs where it landed, no big deal.

The only complaint i have about this mod is that the threads in the telescoping tube can get gritty and weird to turn, but that wouldn't happen if i didn't abuse the hell out of it lol. I can tell the whole mod is quality stainless though because no matter how many times i grit up the threads and scrub them out they never show signs of wear. They were a bit rough when i first took it out of the box but after a week or so they are smooth as butter, i can give the telescope tube a whirl and it will make several smooth rotations with its own momentum with clean threads now. None of the buttons or screws holding the screen on have come loose, actually NOTHING has gone wrong.

I have a one and only complaint about this mod. The end cap for the battery is chromed brass and is starting to wear. The chrome is not shiny anymore, but as a result it actually matches the rest of the mod so i like it anyway. It is also starting to show signs of a hint of brass coming through, but again i set it down on concrete and work benches, and leave it in my pocket all day so i can't blame innokin for this one completely.
    Fullknight likes this.

Svd ... Boys!

DO IT! fasttech has a great deal on it

Ohh im so glad its a good mod cause i really want to buy it!!

Full Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Beware of Slowtech. I paid for my SVD on September 16. As of this writing, (September 30), it is still in Hong Kong and going nowhere fast. Starting tomorrow EVERYTHING in China will be operating at reduced capacity to observe "National Day". It lasts for a week. IF I ever get my shipment from them, it will most likely have taken over a month. Looking back I would pay $10.00 extra dollars to buy it here in the States and have it delivered in 2 day. My 2 cents.

"
    What's that boy? Esposito's sense of humor fell down a well and can't get out?" - Castle

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The shipping slowdown sucks.
    I got my SVD from them a while back in 7 days flat. And I agree - it's a well made device, given me no trouble and I'm happy as heck with it.

Didn't have hands-on experience with anything else to compare to until this week, when I traded my old 510 batteries for a near-new VAMO V2.
    Actually, I like the VAMO too - but the threading is crap, and I'm glad that my original choice was the SVD (those were the two I had trouble choosing between).
    Fullknight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    The shipping slowdown sucks.
    I got my SVD from them a while back in 7 days flat. And I agree - it's a well made device, given me no trouble and I'm happy as heck with it.

Didn't have hands-on experience with anything else to compare to until this week, when I traded my old 510 batteries for a near-new VAMO V2.
    Actually, I like the VAMO too - but the threading is crap, and I'm glad that my original choice was the SVD (those were the two I had trouble choosing between).
    same conundrum here, went with the SVD because i saw a review on youtube where some guys vamo fell apart because he abused it similarly to the way i would. I'm also a hugh star wars fan, may the force of the SVDSaber be with you hehe.
    Fullknight likes this.

ECF Veteran

I have dropped my SVD from "5 foot onto concrete" more than once. It has given me no problems. Use it just as often as my K101, which is my only other device at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast