Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Please help Looking for a 14500 mech mod.

Blog Entries

Just realize the limitations of the 14500 battery size when choosing a mod. These batteries are great for regular clearomizers and cartomizers. When you step it up and place a high amp - drawing RBA/RDA on them, expect poor battery time and performance when compared to an 18490 or 18650 battery. Expect to need to carry several spare batteries to last you throughout the day.

There's are good reason why there are so few 14500 regulated APV's on the market. It is the weakness and limitations of the 14500 battery.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There's a 14500 Sprite in the classies now with 3 batts for $45 shipped:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-adpaters.html

Quote Originally Posted by durgidog View Post
    There's a 14500 Sprite in the classies now with 3 batts for $45 shipped:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-adpaters.html
    Sorry Duridog i can't get into the classifieds

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've had a bunch and so far my favorite has been the bagau (legit). The one thing to look out for and especially on china/clones is height. Skinny is great and almost any 14500 mech is going to be 16-18mm but they vary a lot in height. A bagau is 72 or 73mm, rainbow heaven lists the sprite as 89.8mm. That's as long as 18650 mods that I have.

The market on bagau's is pretty saturated so you see them sell for much less than their original price in classifieds so that is one avenue to look. Also, with the chi sleek, turtle ship mini, nemesis mini and piccolo with the 2.5 switch coming...a lot of existing mods will be getting loosed for less than retail.

As for atty's...had a bunch genny, non genny, cheap and expensive. I find the spheroid to be the best in terms of ease of setup, height, capacity and vape. I keep mine at 1.2ohms (max continuous discharge on an AW 14500 IMR is 4amps, 4.2 volts at 1.2 ohms is 3.5 amps) and it delivers tons of flavor/vapor. Holds 2-3ml depending on how you set it up. Since it's shorter than most other 14-17mm rebuildables and doesn't leak like a genny, it's a great pocket atty.

Another direction if you want a pocket something...microstick...18350 but tiny and takes any atty under 16.5mm
    Hobojo likes this.
    classwife>kevbow

Full Member Verified Member

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Just realize the limitations of the 14500 battery size when choosing a mod. These batteries are great for regular clearomizers and cartomizers. When you step it up and place a high amp - drawing RBA/RDA on them, expect poor battery time and performance when compared to an 18490 or 18650 battery. Expect to need to carry several spare batteries to last you throughout the day.

There's are good reason why there are so few 14500 regulated APV's on the market. It is the weakness and limitations of the 14500 battery.
    When I'm vaping my Ba Gau as my daily device I take six batteries plus the one in the mod with me when I leave the house lol. With a .8ohm build you can go through a battery faster than a pint of beer.

That being said I love it when the mood strikes me.

tnt56 likes this.
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by chadsmo View Post
    When I'm vaping my Ba Gau as my daily device I take six batteries plus the one in the mod with me when I leave the house lol. With a .8ohm build you can go through a battery faster than a pint of beer.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Quote Originally Posted by chadsmo View Post

Running a sub-ohm coil on a 14500 is a really bad idea. You are really.pushing past the amp limits of a AW IMR 14500. You are hitting 5+ amps on a fresh battery and 4.6+ at 3.7volts.
    That would.explain your massive battery usage. AW IMR and.even other IMR 14500 batts are only ratef max continuous amp of 4-4.5. Becareful witb that set-up.

My ideal is.going to be around 1.2-1.8ohm battery life should be decent as is on my current egos.

Update: I have decided to go with the precise simplicity 14500 and a AGT genny. Then hopefully save up some more for a Arrow atty.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Last edited by ChaotikDreamz; 10-28-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: update
    minimalsaint likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If it's any lower than .85 i don't put it on there. I generally try to keep them around 1.1
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

Blog Entries
    tnt56 likes this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs • Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked • eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast