Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: what vv/vw mod would you recommend?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    I could swear I read one of the Provaristas saying that after a discussion with the powers that be at Provape... that they likely never will do a VW.
    Honestly, I see no reason for them to jump on that bandwagon... IMO, they'd dilute their "brand" and be more - just another VV-VW in a sea of VV-VWs.
    I can understand them not feeling the necessity of adding VW since it is not strongly impacting their sales, however I'm not seeing the lack of a common feature as enhancing their brand. Adding VW and doing it well would just preserve their spot at the top of the hill. I don't see anyone saying that they somehow "diluted" their brand for that. I don't see the legions of vapers clamoring for a VV-only mod and thumbing their noses at VW. They wouldn't be "just another" mod. They'd still be a Provari. When VV was the only game in town and you could get a twisty stick batt for under $30, no one was out there saying they were "just another" VV mod. They were the premium mod not just because of that feature.

If someone comes along and offers the same things (the high quality, the excellent customer service) with VW in addition then I don't see why someone would see the Provari as the better buy. I'm sure Provari owners will feel some sense of loyalty to the company, but given that these things are built like tanks, how many units are they going to buy? Driving sales for this kind of APV means getting new customers.
    Ronald3638 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member JoeDerty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    Not to discount Provari, and I wouldn't because they are well made and reliable devices... in that price range, for tube type VV-VW APVs, a few that come to mind are the soon to be released NexGen Futura which promises to be exceptional, the currently available Fluid Cyborg (both former have DNA20 chips)... as well as the Russian/German Svoe Mesto Semovar with a Nivel chip.
    Ive been looking at the Mesto Semovar as well it looks great! I have yet to find any bad reviews on it.

It's good to get a VV/VW if you want to experience both. VW is easy since you can put voltage and resistance into the ohm's calculator and get the proper wattage. I have a SID and I love it! The kit was like $60 and it comes in different colors.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Joed playing the same game myself looking to pick a nice mod for the wife. looked at lots and keep coming back to the same two.

Well just pulled the trigger on the provari with an extension cap in purple wife's favorite color
    Last edited by docp1620; 10-31-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: more to add
    JoeDerty likes this.

now to start looking at bling!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12