Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Best Side Button Mechanical Mod To Purchase?

Default What Is Best Side Button Mechanical Mod To Purchase?

I am thinking of purchasing a new mod and could use some help with finding what I want.

-Side Button
    -button needs to be located at top of mod
    -magnetic switch
    -use 18650 battery
    -fixed tube lengths, not telescopic
    -brass or brass/stainless steel combo
    -low voltage drop
    -in stock, available for purchase now (if possible)
    -original or clone will be considered
    -repair parts available if needed

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Only one I can think of that fits all criteria listed is Poldiac (or it's clone). There are other top button mechs, but not with mag switches in brass AFAIK. Maybe someone else will come along and turn us both onto a new mod!
    ...Smoke-free since 10/12/11...Vaping. It's not a hobby, it's a LIFESTYLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjax View Post
    Only one I can think of that fits all criteria listed is Poldiac (or it's clone). There are other top button mechs, but not with mag switches in brass AFAIK. Maybe someone else will come along and turn us both onto a new mod!
    What got me interested in this type of mod is I got one of the Poldiac clones last week. While it has a few flaws for sure, I sure do enjoy using it. The list of "wants" in a mod I posted was based on this clone and you named it for sure. You must really know your mods.
    We will see if anything else shows up, it not I may have to just spend $250 or so to get a real Poldiac.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran muzichead's Avatar

For fixed tubes you only have two choices...

The Poldiac Poldiac | mmvapors.com approx. $205+
    The Dingo Dingo Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop
    You need to purchase 2 of the extension tubes to make it 18650... approx. $140+

If you could get past the fixed tubes there are these...

The Roller http://www.atmizoo.com/shop/roller/?lang=en approx. $150+
    The 69 By Atmomixani : 69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2 approx. $190+

Early reviews of the Poldiac clones are far from favorable right now... Would be wise to stay clear of them...
    Last edited by muzichead; 01-08-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Reo Grand w/ VA Cyclone // everything else has been retired

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You also have the Sirius II, here is a review The *SIRIUS II*

Quit date: Jan 03, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by muzichead View Post
    For fixed tubes you only have two choices...

The Poldiac Poldiac | mmvapors.com approx. $205+
    The Dingo Dingo Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop
    You need to purchase 2 of the extension tubes to make it 18650... approx. $140+

If you could get past the fixed tubes there are these...

The Roller Roller Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop approx. $150+
    The 69 By Atmomixani : 69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2 approx. $190+

Early reviews of the Poldiac clones are far from favorable right now... Would be wise to stay clear of them...

Thanks Muzichead,
    The Dingo and the Roller look very much like mods I would enjoy. How do you think they compare to the real Poldiac as far as performance and reliability? The switch assys look somewhat similar to the one of the Poldiac, just have a few more parts. I think the Poldiac looks somewhat better than the Dingo or the Roller, but I think how a mod works is more important than looks alone. In this case of selecting a mod I believe it should be function over form.
    There is a lot of technical info and operational/repair guides on Atmizoo website. Being a technical qeek that by it's self appeals to me.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by proteckt3d View Post
    You also have the Sirius II, here is a review The *SIRIUS II*
    Thanks Proteckt3d,
    That was a nice review of the Sirius II mod.
    I will research it further and see how it stacks up against the others I will be looking at. I like the idea that you can pick the pieces you want to build this mod.

Super Member Verified Member JmanEspresso's Avatar

You also have the Dominus Fecit.

Its not telescopic, but not fully fixed tubes.. in the sense that you dont have a seperate single tube for 18350, 490 and 650. What you have, is extension pieces.

Im thinking about getting one myself, I never really was interested in side button mechs, but, know I kinda want one, and Im tiring of waiting for a 69mod to come into stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JmanEspresso View Post
    You also have the Dominus Fecit.

Its not telescopic, but not fully fixed tubes.. in the sense that you dont have a seperate single tube for 18350, 490 and 650. What you have, is extension pieces.

Im thinking about getting one myself, I never really was interested in side button mechs, but, know I kinda want one, and Im tiring of waiting for a 69mod to come into stock.
    They have the brass and Eric's edition V2 in stock right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Portertown View Post
    Thanks Muzichead,
    The Dingo and the Roller look very much like mods I would enjoy. How do you think they compare to the real Poldiac as far as performance and reliability? The switch assys look somewhat similar to the one of the Poldiac, just have a few more parts. I think the Poldiac looks somewhat better than the Dingo or the Roller, but I think how a mod works is more important than looks alone. In this case of selecting a mod I believe it should be function over form.
    There is a lot of technical info and operational/repair guides on Atmizoo website. Being a technical qeek that by it's self appeals to me.

Thanks again.
    Most of the people i've seen purchase them, do so with all rhodium contacts in them. I have been holding off for a while now on getting one, but will drop the ball in the near future. I really like the form factor of them. As a comparison to the Poldiac, with the rhodium upgrade's, I don't think there's a comparison... I haven't read a single negative item on any of Atmizoo's devices...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast