Battery question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rickajho

Thread: Battery question

Super Member Verified Member Decimate's Avatar

Default Battery question

So.. the internet has many different answers when it comes to 'at which voltage should i recharge my battery'. I'm using an AW IMR 18350 atm. I've heard its best to charge at around 3.6v, some people say around 3.2v, and I've also heard it's perfectly safe to discharge an AW IMR all the way down to 2.5 ( i would never do this though lol ). Any links on this subject would be greatly appreciated, because I know it's been answered many times before..

ty

Full Member Verified Member

You'll notice your vape quality drop noticeably at 3.6 and lower. I brought mine down to 2.8 once just to see how the vape would look and the battery works fine. There was hardly any vapor at that voltage. The eFest 18350 specs say 2.5 at the lowest.

I always charge mine at 3.7. I start noticing a drop off in performance so really don't want to go any lower.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you go below 3.2 volts the battery starts breaking down. The longer you wait to recharge it the worse it gets. It's not good practice and can be dangerous. I usually recharge at 3.6 but sometimes I forget and go a bit lower.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Other than the general rule of not letting your battery voltage drop below 3.2v there is no "best" voltage when it comes to time for a recharge. As already stated running below 3.2v or over charging above 4.2v is when bad things start happening to battery chemistry.

There are a handful of specific chemistry Li-On batteries that are safe to discharge as low as 2.5v. However you better know with absolute certainty that you have one of those batteries by checking the manufacturer's spec sheet, not what "some people say." And for our purposes having that ability serves little purpose as you never get a decent vape at 3.2v, let alone 2.5v, in an unregulated device.