Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Mod clones... how do you feel

Default Mod clones... how do you feel

Im looking into some mech mod clones. I was wondering if there are certain manufacturers that are good or wich ones to stay away from. I like the UVO aqua and orgin mod clone, and the same from tobeco. And the maraxus. I guess im too cheap to buy the real thing. But dont want to get stuck with crap lol

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Moved to APV Discussion.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is going to go south fast... IB4TL
    muzichead, MikeJA and framehacker like this.

ECF Veteran

Yes and it wont be the last clone thread..
    You tube has great reviews.. I prefer hcigar..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Royaldrunker View Post
    Yes and it wont be the last clone thread..
    You tube has great reviews.. I prefer hcigar..

Cheers
    Ive seen lots of reviews for the hcigar clones, so I guess there made pretty good ?

Wake-N-Vape

Ultra Member ECF Veteran muzichead's Avatar

I have the Tobeco Origin and Aqua combo and really like them. I have noticed from a few posts that the threading seems to blend exceptionally better on the Tobeco version Origins. The Ehpro's, Hcigar's, & FT versions you can see the seams very distinctly.

20140115_145232.jpg20140125_083855.jpg
    Reo Grand w/ VA Cyclone //Origin/ Aqua Hybrid clone // Natural Hybrid w/RSST and Fusionsmods TCI/Nat-1 // Ikarus Hybrid 2.1 clone

Super Member Verified Member StevenServo's Avatar

The orgin mod clone is very very decent
    Miata GT likes this.

I think the clones have their place. I have bought many of them, only because I want to see if this certain device works to fit my needs. If it does I sell it for half the price and buy the real deal. If it dont I sell it for half price anyway. I have found that EHPRO and Hcigar produce acceptable products for the price. Tebaco.. not so much.

Supporting Member

I have a FT Origin clone. Couldn't say if it was a Tobeco or not because it came in a complimentary fake UVO box.

The look of it is nice. The threads are so-so. The switch is jenky. The spring sucks and it was missing the bottom battery contact. It hits harder than some of my other clones though. You can't flush mount the switch with button tops and I had to sand down the delrin insulator on the switch in order for it to flush mount with flat tops.

I just received the $20 Aqua clone from FT which is the one that comes with the correct red o-rings and the hybrid pin. Quality on it seems very nice. I'll be building it this evening. It threads perfectly on the FT Origin in hybrid mode and the finishes are a spot-on match.

I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sometimes clones leave off certain things that are necessary, an example is the EHpro GGTS clone, they left the oring off the air flow control thus making it non functional unless you find the proper size oring to fit it, also the 510 extension is fixed so so some devices will not sit flush with the top.
    On the other hand the Kay fun clone from EHpro is identical.
    So do your research as to which clones are good and which have issues.
    here are some makes of clones that I have experience with and my opinions.
    Rainbow Heaven- great clones even to the point of parts being interchangeable with the real thing
    Tobeco- hit or miss, the seem to have improved, but most will remember them for the debacle they made with the Oddy clone (or Oddity as it has been called)
    Sigelei- Eh what can I say they seem to think an ego connection should be on most mods

I have other clones but dont know who made them (one is a Kayfun which in a attempt to make a replica they even copied the "designed in Russia Made in Germany" and logo on the bottom, then stuck it in a black box labeled "Made in China")
    Green/Black Reo Mini w/A7rba, Nzonic V3, VTR, EHPRO GGTS clone, Kayfun clones, Vamo's, Vision Tox, OG Chrome Infinity, Black Bolt, Bulli a2/tm w/vaporage driptip adaptor, Black 306DCA, Polished 306DCA, ST Telescope, Drawtube, Terminator-c , Ismoka Magoo and a bunch of other stuff

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast