Alternative to Provari?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Alternative to Provari?

Full Member Verified Member Kh888's Avatar

Default Alternative to Provari?

Hi,

I just tried a friends Provari and thought it was terrific; amazingly well built and so tempting! However, buying one Provari is not an option, as my partner also vapes. So, if I did buy a Provari, I would have to come home with two and that is over $400 and a little steep for my budget.

Is there a really good alternative out there to the Provari? I would also be interested in something smaller - say the size of a Provari mini. Would like to keep the cost to $100 or so, per mod.

Any help and insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Super Member Verified Member Dampmaskin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have heard good things about the Evolv DNA-20 chip. There is no "official" DNA-20 mod as far as I understand. The chip is used in a few different mods. Maybe do some googling on that.

I don't know if you can find something DNA-20 as small as the Provari Mini, for a lower price than the Provari Mini, though, but I'm sure some quality time with Google will help you along.
    The Steam Engine - calculators for wrapping coils, checking battery drain, and mixing e-juice.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Id look into the Z Max Mini http://myvaporstore.com

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It depends on what you want. A big part of the vape experience in the Provari is due to the electronics. A stock PWM APV is producing a "fixed" voltage at at rate of 33 Hz, while the Provari is creating that same voltage up in the 500 Hz range. In that respect there aren't a lot of devices out that that can even come close to providing a similar vaping experience. On the 33 Hz mods it's called the "rattlesnake" effect and a lot of people can both hear it and taste the difference in the experience.

There is a list on here - somewhere - that was started for APV's that don't use the low budget 33 Hz PWM chips. Those would be your best bet if you want a close - but not identical - vape experience to a Provari. I think the MVP 2 is on that list. If I can locate that thread with the list I'll post the link to it.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Keep an eye out in the classifieds. The great thing bout a Provari is they work just as well used as they do brand new. You can sometimes pick them up for as little as 120 bucks but have to jump on them quick.

Full Member ECF Veteran BackDoc's Avatar

vermillion river , great people....Zmax mini $59 stainless, i have 2...love em

Super Member Verified Member BaDaBooM's Avatar

quality costs. Could get a nice mec + a kick at good price.

Full Member ECF Veteran BackDoc's Avatar

Come on guys, if i read the OP correctly , he said a provari is Not an option.........

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I believe I read here somewhere, but can't find it now of course, that the Innokin products filter the output or do some other sort of voodoo that greatly reduces the 33 hz rattlesnake effect. I own a Vamo V5 and Smok SID and don't notice the effect, more accurately I know what people are talking about but it doesn't matter to me, and I can say that the vape I get from the Innokin MVP V2.0 is different. Not saying better or worse in my opinion, but toppers behave differently compared to the others. These all can be found for about $40 with a bit of patience and would be a good start to vv/vw devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    BackDoc likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast