Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Copper nemesis clone will not fire!

Default Copper nemesis clone will not fire!

So I just received a copper nemesis clone from Fasttech and it will not fire. I have tried adjusting the top and bottom contacts, button top and flat top batteries. I am using 18650 batteries I have been vaping for awhile now and I am pretty mechanically inclined so I would greatly appreciate any help to get this vaping. Also the tubes I am using are the two larger ones.

2. Advertisement

I didn't buy mine from Fasttech but I had sorts of problems getting it to work. Wish I could tell you how I did it, but it was really just screwing around with it, adjusting, reajusting, etc. Then I installed the Magnet Upgrade, Switch Rice Pins, and the Top Cap Delrin Insulators. Couldn't get to work for 2 days, actually just got working again a hour ago.

I ended up taking out the new insulators and put back in the old one. Charged the battery, made sure everything was snug but not to tight and it starting working.

Sorry, I can't be of more help. I've taken it apart over a dozen times. All I can suggest is take it apart clean it good and make sure it is making contact with the battery.

Good luck!

remove the top cap and loosen the top contact pin. screw your atty on to the cap flush, snug the top contact pin into the cap, screw cap/atty onto body of nemi, insert batt from bottom and snug up switch. If it still don't fire clean the entire mod with ketchup and try again
    ketchup removes oxidation from copper so don't laugh till u try it
    You can use any cleaner you like, but chances are there is some ketchup in your kitchen!

also make sure you remove the kick ring if your not using a kick. its the small ring between the main tubes and it does come off

I'd say with any plated version make sure there is no finish on the threads. Fastech somewhat rrecently stopped shipping the versions with the clear coating and I'd be willign to bet its because it stopped it from firing.

Just about anything acidic will clean oxidation off copper, Ketchup is a great example because it has alot of vinegar. Believe it or not, if I am out of isypropyl I'll use vinegar to clean connections.

When assembling, You want to attach the correct tube for your battery. The "core" tube (the one with the engraving) should obviously be on the bottom, then attach the approriate tube (the longer one for 18650, the shorter one for 18500, NONE for 18350). The Beauty ring (the shortest) is optional and not required. If kicking, add the shortest ring to either the 18350 or 18650 sizes, or use the longer tube for 18500.

Then, set that aside and take oyur top cap. Completely unscrew the contact pin (but do not remove it) and begin threading your atty until it seats to the cap. Then, screw the center pin in until you get a good contact. I like to turn it a little more after that, that way its less likely to move.

attach the top cap to the tube assembly, then insert your battery through the bottom of the mod. Positive side up. IF oyu have a kick, inser the kick via the top before attachign the cap, then insert the battery.

The bottom switch will need adjustment. first, try screwing on the switch through the bottom until it seats on the battery. If you cannot actuate the switch and make the mod fire, you may need to unscrew the center pin a bit. If you seat and the switch doesnt go in enough (you got quite a bit of overhang or long throw), youm ay need ot screw the center pin in some. If the center pin is screwed in all the way and the switch throw is still a bit too long, consider attaching the beauty ring.

After that, it should be assembled ^^

Forgive my spelling errors, I'll throw up pics after work if peoples want.
    No, the penguin doesnt have a death wish. just a very awkward sense of humor :3

Pics would be greatly appreciated, I have cleaned the contacts and put it together in every way I know possible in order to keep the battery from moving I have to thread the switch contact almost all the way out and then it doesn't have enough throw to fire. I am almost starting to wonder if the screws for the contacts are too short? Could that be a possibility?

Super Member ECF Veteran

It's just about the top and bottom screws.
    There is no play with the top screw, it needs to touch the bottom of the atomizer or it wont fire.
    Connect your atomizer then screw the top screw in until it reaches the atomizer.
    Take the button out and see that when you push it the screw is pushed outwards beyond the rubber base, if it doesnt screw it a bit out but not too much.
    Now put the battery in and screw the button until you don't hear the battery rattle.

Did you remove the beauty ring? (Most likely cause).

Are you using a kick? (If so, insert from the top and don't quite push it down far enough, it will move the rest of the way when you screw on the top cap).

Can you post pics?
    thevyrus likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

removing "beauty ring" did wonders for me. I was able to tighten the firing post into the switch all the way, versus it having to barely being threaded on. Solved all my issues with this sexy beast of a cloned mod. Typical design flaw of such clones, but thankfully, as zeroclue mentioned, it is an easily resolved issue. Another option is filing down the lock ring a bit.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Up...ature=youtu.be

Review on this Nemesis Clone along with the kraken clone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast