Fasttech Sigelei Zmax V5 Screen Issue

Thread: Fasttech Sigelei Zmax V5 Screen Issue

Full Member Verified Member

Default Fasttech Sigelei Zmax V5 Screen Issue

I bought the above mod from Fasttech. The screen gets scrambled often, and sometimes ends up reading backwards (looks as if reading the screen in a mirror). I usually loosen or tighten the battery until the screen gets back to normal.

Anyone else experience this? Is this a common issue with a fix? Or do I just have a defective unit?

Definitely seems like some kind of loose connection somewhere. If it is defective, I don't think I'll bother dealing with Fasttech on that, shipping costs will probably make it not worthwhile. Anyone have experience dealing with a return on Fasttech? Time is not an issue, I have other devices to use in the meantime.

Your feedback is appreciated. I did a google search on "zmax scrambled screen" and didn't find much results.

Can't stop, won't stop Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Telescoping zmax' often have problems if they are tightned down too far. If not that then giving it a ridiculous amount of cleaning on the threads may help. My old v3 used to have problems like this. Both were usually resolved by backing out a bit or cleaning the hell out of the threads.
    Can I get a hot dog water on the rocks?