Mech Mod Firing Problems - FastTech Copper Nemesis Won't Fire With Locking Ring Attached - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mech Mod Firing Problems - FastTech Copper Nemesis Won't Fire With Locking Ring Attached

Full Member Verified Member Hoopie's Avatar
    San Bernardino, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Thanks yal. I was so confused (still but less so now, lol). My mixed Stingray from angelcigs barely fits whatever battery I'm using and can not use a safety fuse. My new brass Nemesis from FastTech finally arrived and I had the opposite problem. Had to use a safety fuse and a magnet to stop battery rattle. The beauty ring looked like it was part of the top cap and I had to use sure-grip gloves to remove it after reading this thread.

Too bad it won't work on my Stingray.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That seems to be a common problem with folks new to mechanical mods, especially the Nemesis clones which don't often come with directions. The beauty ring is often stuck tight onto either the cap or extension and they can't figure out why the battery just flops around in the tube. Then add in the sloppy manufacturing on many clones along with the slightly non-intuitive switch design and its trouble. At least if they end up here there are plenty of folks willing to help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
    Yes. In fact that's the main complaint with the Nemesis. That an adjustment is needed with every battery charge. I have a pair of the same brand batteries (I always buy my batteries in pairs) bought at the same time and I need to adjust between them. I use 2 other pairs that don't have this issue but yes you'll be adjusting often most likely. Personally I do it in seconds and have no issue with needing to adjust.

What?
    The TOP PIN never needs adjustment when changing batteries. The TOP PIN sets contact with the Atomizer Positive post. The Switch threads in more or less with different battery lengths.

I admit, I tune all my Nemesis Switches for Best look and keep the Beauty ring in place.
    People keep saying the bottom Pin has to be fully tightened. Well that is not what Atmo said or intended from my research.
    * If you can't keep track - keep it tight.
    Pros

Extra tubes accommodate three battery sizes
    Silver plated brass contacts minimize voltage drop
    Adjustable center pin and switch eliminate battery rattle
    Top cap doubles as an airflow control ring
    Kick compatible
    STINGRAY - Flip the Battery(button top) to Positive down. If it fires every time, you have the cupped firing pin and the battery insulation is interfering with it making contact.
    (Don't try this while a kick is installed)
    Last edited by crxess; 05-29-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

ECF Veteran

Switch adjustment. No idea where you got the idea I was talking about the top cap.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You quoted this:
    @bsoplinger Ah, I found it - it was screwed so tightly into the 18500 ring I wasn't using that I thought it was all one piece. So anyway that wasn't the issue. Just needed to adjust the top battery connector pin. Is that normal?
    Then replied with this:
    Yes. In fact that's the main complaint with the Nemesis. That an adjustment is needed with every battery charge. I have a pair of the same brand batteries (I always buy my batteries in pairs) bought at the same time and I need to adjust between them. I use 2 other pairs that don't have this issue but yes you'll be adjusting often most likely. Personally I do it in seconds and have no issue with needing to adjust.

Understandable mistake

I haven't run into a problem swapping like batteries.............yet.(in the Nemesis) Sigelei 8W needs adjustment on EVERY Change
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

ECF Veteran

Yikes, completely missed he said top pin. You're right, that gets adjusted just once when you put the atomizer on for the first time to make sure there's a solid connection to the 510 connector of the atomizer, then all additional adjustment is at the switch.

Why do I keep seeing people saying to tighten the switch down all the way and adjust the top pin? That makes no sense at all.

Yikes, completely missed he said top pin. You're right, that gets adjusted just once when you put the atomizer on for the first time to make sure there's a solid connection to the 510 connector of the atomizer, then all additional adjustment is at the switch.

Why do I keep seeing people saying to tighten the switch down all the way and adjust the top pin? That makes no sense at all.

People say that because over time that screw on the switch works it's way lose after use and a few battery changes. If you tighten it all the way down that will not happen. Like earlier stated you adjust the top pin to the atty and tightening the switch removes any battery slack. I own two nemesis ' s and use kayfuns, taifuns and numerous atties including different batteries which vary in size with no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    bsoplinger likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12