OmG DeWd the NEMESIS MOD SUCKS! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: OmG DeWd the NEMESIS MOD SUCKS!

Ultra Member Verified Member blueGrassTubb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cearamm View Post
    Coelli...you know i just recently passed my Tree of Life authentic along to another lucky vaper.

The level of machining precision that went into that device is mind blowing to me. Probably the best threading and fit and finish i have ever see in a mod. I didnt like the switch too much, but nonetheless those mods were handmade by a guy named Harry in SoCal.

This guy has machined his whole life and pours his heart and soul into this mod for months and hand machines them individually. Perfect machining top to bottom. How can a clone made on a factory floor POSSIBLY compare to this one of a kind piece? It simply cannot. Even given perfect circumstance...the level of work put in just isnt the same. You cant produce that quality unless you are the original maker. Its just not possible and i doubt anyone can argue that.
    I WILL argue that. There is a chance that there are issues with some of the ToL clones that came off of the assembly line (typical QC issues), but I can say that I couldn't find a difference between my clone and an original. Side by side you could not tell the difference. The threading was equally as good. The engravings were equally as good. The materials were equally as good.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cearamm View Post
    Coelli...you know i just recently passed my Tree of Life authentic along to another lucky vaper.

The level of machining precision that went into that device is mind blowing to me. Probably the best threading and fit and finish i have ever see in a mod. I didnt like the switch too much, but nonetheless those mods were handmade by a guy named Harry in SoCal.
    (continuing derail...)

I have 3 authentic mods, all made in SoCal, which is where I live. I just can't really bring myself to order a copy from China when the originals are made here in my hometown (and I've met the Surefire guys - they're very nice). I'd rather have less mods. That said, I know not everyone can make the decision to put the money down for an original.

But I also come at it from an artist's perspective; I sell most of my art, and use photographs for reference but only photos I've taken myself or have permission to use. If I knew that someone had printed off really high quality copies of my artwork to sell at a profit to people who don't want to buy the originals, you can bet I would think it sucks and be more outraged than flattered. Sure, I'm just using paper and pencils, but there are a lot of hours and work that go into those pieces of paper.

So I don't buy clones.

And to get back on topic... yes, it sucks when I need to look up some info about my King and all I can find is talk about the clones.
    pt91 and Bimini Twist like this.
    This is my Provari. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Analog-free since April 10, 2000. Best decision ever.
    Save a Dog's Life - Leave No Paws Behind

I think it depends on the authentic you are talking about.

I have yet to see a clone of anything that approaches Super-T's level of finish.

While I don't buy clones, I have seen nice ones.

I have certainly seen authentics that weren't worth the money.

On the whole, though, I think that alot of clone fit and finish issues are glossed over in the whole "it's only cost ___" part of the subject.

Sure, maybe authentics are only 20% nicer. But it's an exponential scale in anything - the higher up you go in the last 20%, the more it costs per percentage point.

What I don't get is that a lot of clone buyers think that authentic buyers look down on them, regardless that no one has - and then proceed to bash the crap out of authentics.
    pt91, Bimini Twist, jrs99 and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blueGrassTubb View Post
    Yes, it is... I'm talking about the $12 Nemesis clones that are everywhere on FT.
    I have 4 different models of Nemesis clones from FastTech, all of which took less than 10 minutes to polish the switch, remove spring and replace with magnets and add a shim on the switch screw to reduce the throw. They're great. Work fine. Worth every penny of the less than $25 I spent on any of them.

So it isn't that FastTech sells junk, which they occasionally do, but what's been mentioned in this thread a few times already.

Granted the forum search function isn't very good but just from the overwhelming quantity of posts seems folks nowadays feel so entitled, so self important that they want answers now, immediately, with no effort expended on their part to get a solution themselves.

I've posted on a forum, in another area of interest besides e-cigarettes, where after you provided the title of your new topic, the forum software provided you a list of topics that the software determined were similar to yours. You had to then select a none of these are similar option before you could enter the text of the post itself.

I think that'd be useful for ECF. Since so many people don't seem willing to search, force it for every new topic. Since ECF has ranks based on number of posts perhaps they could even set it up that only those with less than some number get the auto search method.

I honestly don't think anything else will help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    jrs99 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I love all my fasttech clones, they work perfect every day, I don't own or plan to own an authentic any time soon but I do think that lately there seems to be some issues regarding clone threads here, just take a look at the -High-End Mechanicals and Atomizers-Pictures & Discussion Round 2-

I do believe that there should be different sub forums between originals and clones
    twgbonehead likes this.

this is Mexican pesos not dollars! | last cigarette february 28 2013

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueGrassTubb View Post
    This is absolutely true.

I have 5 clones (Hcigar Brass Stingray, Hcigar 69, Hcigar Caravela, Infinite Tree of Life, Infinite Black Copper Stingray). The only clone that doesn't function just as it should is the Infinite BCS. The switch is janky, though it does work just fine if you press the switch on center every time. They all hit fantastically.

The one thing I absolutely avoided was buying Fast Tech clones. I refused to go with the absolute cheapest MOD I could find for a given model. I knew that Hcigar and Infinite has a good reputation for making good clones (I'd put my Infinite Tree of Life up against the original any day - and yes I have inspected and used both side by side: there is no difference I could find). It's fantastic.

I have 3 authentics (GP Custom Akuma, Vape Sirs Sir Lancelot, Atmizoo Roller). All 3 of them are virtually flawless.

Clones (and authentics for that matter) are a case by case basis. Some are very good, some terrible.

The big problem that the OP sees, and I would concur, has nothing to do with clones, but with lazy posters who won't search for 5 minutes to find the answer they seek.
    How is the akuma? I'm considering pre ordering the second batch as it's the sexiest mod I've seen. The black copper one though most likely. Shoot me a pm if you could please, don't want to clog this thread up, just a few questions for ya. Thanks

ECF Veteran

The problem is that there's to many people vaping who can't even use a screwdriver. Mods were never made for people who don't have some basic knowledge of things in the world work. Now that vaping is the "in thing", there's an abundance of young adults who would have a difficult time naming all the tools in a simple tool set, let alone troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems. Most high-end mods usually work on arrival but I've never had one that that didn't need one thing done to it here and there. Now China stuff is out and that's mostly what the collage kids can afford with whatever their source of income may be, and the clones have a low QC and very small amounts of testing on final product. So clones need way more attention during it's lifetime.

What I find totally ridiculous and historical is that over in the RBA subforum there's about one hundred kfl threads. It's a joke, and the mods here at ECF let it happen. They're to busy cracking down on people for typing words that they have banned on a website made for grown adults because some biblethumper's wife will find it offense when she goes snooping around in his computer history.
    DocHo11idaze likes this.
    I laugh at retired people

Full Member* Verified Member

I'm perfectly happy with a simple mod made on a CNC lathe, all I care about is size and feel. If I happen to stumble upon a large amount of disposable income i'll start caring about the hand made - artistic perspective. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nado View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with a simple mod made on a CNC lathe, all I care about is size and feel. If I happen to stumble upon a large amount of disposable income i'll start caring about the hand made - artistic perspective. Lol

Ok?

I laugh at retired people

Full Member* Verified Member

There are 16 other posts in this thread. Maybe I was referencing something other than the technical skills of vapers or the religious view of their wives referenced by you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast