Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default OmG DeWd the NEMESIS MOD SUCKS!

If i offend,
    Im sorry.

Dont take me too seriously

////begin rant////

Since when is the APV forum a hotbed for people complaining about how their cloned ecig mod:

-wont fire
    -gets a hot button
    -atty stuck to topcap
    -shocks them
    -has terrible threading
    -some parts dont even thread
    -threads get bound together
    -wrong components to function
    -blah blah blah

Now look i dont look down upon users of clones. 4 of my coworkers use clones and i can look at almost all of them and know they are bad items. These are fastech items purchased for way too much at shoddy B&M stores however.

They perform, no doubt. They perform really well actually when they work. WHEN THEY WORK. My mods always work and when they dont...it is solely me causing a user error. These are authentics, assembled by the ppl who designed them, not some teenager in China who doesnt even know what a MOD is.

Okay of course your clone sucks. Its a stolen design made as cheaply as possible to sell to some sucker. Im not calling all clones bad because actually there are some really great ones out there. HCigar makes some stunning pieces. I want to buy a few of them just to try some new atties out.

I see it like this: that there is one good clone for every 5-6 crappy ones. IMO

I DONT look down on clone users. I just told you i want to try some out! Hey man, buy whatever you can afford that keeps you off cigs and gives you pleasure. If it were me id buy a smoktech magneto or a similar devce and save up for a mod i really wanted. But if that stingray or nemesis clone gives you happiness...more power to ya.

It goes like this:

"The nemesis mod sucks because MAN this switch is crunchy!"
    "Really? But my nemesis has a buttery smooth switch"
    "Well mines a clone but man the nemesis sucks"

ENOUGH ALREADY.

Stop clogging this great subforum with clone issues and let other topics stand a fighting chance.

Better yet...use the search function. 99% of the time someone has postsd an identical thread about an identical issue. Its true! I swear!

Vape on people, vape on.

This thread was meant to be very tongue in cheek. If i offended you...i apologize. I didnt mean to. At the same time tho....deal with it!

Love you guys...

/////end rant//////
    Jimi D., Izan, weinner and 8 others like this.
    Just GG + Ithaka, GG Esterigon + Tilemahos, CNC Naval Brass Nemesis, 69 Eric's v2, VW Nemesis X2, Nemi Nemesis, SS Panzer, Provari 2.5
    Odin, Magma, 3D, DOME, Anima, GG Penelope V2, KFL+, Ti Steam Turbine, Erlkönigin

A #cloneproblems sub forum may be beneficial. I think it comes down to the manufacturer of clone, infinite, hcigar, and tobeco to name a few, work very well and are an affordable in to unregulated vaping, but a no name clone from fasttech, ebay etc will likely not outlast my magneto. Since working at a vape store Ive started to see why authentic is just better, lots of small little things that go wrong on clones are not present on authentics, and for me at last, i did the math, and after spending about 170 on clones that have came and went, why not buy a signum, vanilla, neptune etc?
    bluesbishop likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Bad Ninja's Avatar

The reason you see complaints is simple:
    People jump on the lasted fad quickly around here.
    The latest mod gets huge praise before a dozen have been made.
    This doesn't lend to accurate reviews.
    People here want badly to have the first or only.
    This is not the way to get a quality product.

It's not clones.

I repair mods at my local shop. No mod is perfect.
    User error is half the issues.
    Lack of knowledge is what causes most problems.

People
    Should slow their rolls and wait for more reviews or expect to be the one who works out the bugs.

remember the Origen-Aqua hype?
    soooo popular....until we got them.
    Yes, I am THAT Ninja.

Ultra Member Verified Member blueGrassTubb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ninja View Post
    The reason you see complaints is simple:
    People jump on the lasted fad quickly around here.
    The latest mod gets huge praise before a dozen have been made.
    This is absolutely true.

I have 5 clones (Hcigar Brass Stingray, Hcigar 69, Hcigar Caravela, Infinite Tree of Life, Infinite Black Copper Stingray). The only clone that doesn't function just as it should is the Infinite BCS. The switch is janky, though it does work just fine if you press the switch on center every time. They all hit fantastically.

The one thing I absolutely avoided was buying Fast Tech clones. I refused to go with the absolute cheapest MOD I could find for a given model. I knew that Hcigar and Infinite has a good reputation for making good clones (I'd put my Infinite Tree of Life up against the original any day - and yes I have inspected and used both side by side: there is no difference I could find). It's fantastic.

I have 3 authentics (GP Custom Akuma, Vape Sirs Sir Lancelot, Atmizoo Roller). All 3 of them are virtually flawless.

Clones (and authentics for that matter) are a case by case basis. Some are very good, some terrible.

The big problem that the OP sees, and I would concur, has nothing to do with clones, but with lazy posters who won't search for 5 minutes to find the answer they seek.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueGrassTubb View Post
    The one thing I absolutely avoided was buying Fast Tech clones. I refused to go with the absolute cheapest MOD I could find for a given model. I knew that Hcigar and Infinite has a good reputation for making good clones (I'd put my Infinite Tree of Life up against the original any day - and yes I have inspected and used both side by side: there is no difference I could find). It's fantastic..
    Just FYI - the FastTech TOL is the Infinite clone. (And yes, I have heard it's very good - I have an original TOL and it's far and away my favorite of my 3 authentics.)
    This is my Provari. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Analog-free since April 10, 2000. Best decision ever.
    Save a Dog's Life - Leave No Paws Behind

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Coelli...you know i just recently passed my Tree of Life authentic along to another lucky vaper.

The level of machining precision that went into that device is mind blowing to me. Probably the best threading and fit and finish i have ever see in a mod. I didnt like the switch too much, but nonetheless those mods were handmade by a guy named Harry in SoCal.

This guy has machined his whole life and pours his heart and soul into this mod for months and hand machines them individually. Perfect machining top to bottom. How can a clone made on a factory floor POSSIBLY compare to this one of a kind piece? It simply cannot. Even given perfect circumstance...the level of work put in just isnt the same. You cant produce that quality unless you are the original maker. Its just not possible and i doubt anyone can argue that.

That is where corners are cut, lesser materials used, etc etc etc.

The passion and caring about quality are what set originals and clones apart.

Love the feedback! Keep it comin!

And alwAys...research before ya buy!
    bluesbishop likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
    Just FYI - the FastTech TOL is the Infinite clone. (And yes, I have heard it's very good - I have an original TOL and it's far and away my favorite of my 3 authentics.)
    I can say the same about the TOL from fasttech..I bought on whelm....it's very nice for a clone..I'm so confident in it that I will pass onto buddy who is starting out on mechs and I don't want him to have ....y issues.

As somebody else said..people rather get quick solution instead of researching the issue on their clones here on ECF...I can ignore the question or just help them if I can.

I do understand Cearamm point...put a sticky thread on Nemmy clones troubleshooting, nobody will read it, battery safety, nobody reads those...cleaning your mechs, nobody will read it..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've typed out my thoughts and backspaced a bunch.

Cliff notes: i'll spend $20 on a clone that works over $200 mod anyday at this point in my vaping experience. I don't think of mod's as "art" like some ppl. I'd actually prefer something as simple as the JM tube.

before i get bashed: I've had an original gus telescopic (it was worse than clones) and a 0099 serial number EA mod which was good but broke

I'd like more clone discussion because 1. more people have them and 2. some of the originals are too difficult to get that threads about them are for such a small audience
    Last edited by young gotti; 06-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Offend me?
    Nope, not likely you could.

Waste my time like many of the ones your rant is about, Yep.

A pointedly pointless post about pointless posting is still pointless.

Also, to clarify my stand on both original and clone mods - There are good and bad in both. There are issues with both, not identical but nothing is really perfect - nothing.
    The biggest fault I have seen in most mods is the user.
    Izan, 23skidoo and Randall.K like this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member Verified Member blueGrassTubb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
    Yes, it is.

That's a very rare case though.

I'm talking about the $12 Nemesis clones that are everywhere on FT.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast