Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: So can you vape during bootcamp?

Full Member Verified Member

All I have to say is go ahead and try! LOL!!

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

I wouldn't even bring it with you.... Just wait til you get to Advanced Individual Training where you get a little freedom to do what you want and vape. You'll have to hide it from your Drill's and if you get caught good luck...... Front Back Go's for you and probably your whole Platoon.... Good Luck.

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran Murdock Ruml's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sure you can. And here's the perfect PV to take.

Ahh the memories.. Back in 1993 BCT, you didn't have time for anything. eat work sleep but AIT well a little more liberal but no smoking unless you were prior service just getting a different MOS.

Until you figure out the bathroom wall access panel there is enough room to fit like 20 guys in it. There so happens to be a 3" pipe to stand on with a nice cinder block ledge about face height to stash cigs and butts.

So funny until one day the DI came roaming around yelling I smell smoke, who's smoking.. you could tell where he was going just by all the yelling. Up and down the rows into the bathroom flinging all the stall doors open (we all thought man we're dead meat he's gunna unlock the access panel and the whole frame and door is gunna fall off the wall but nope) out the bathroom up and down in the bathroom out the bathroom.. Couple guys managed to get out of the panel while he was near the front of the room. But everyone is all scared and moving about in the wall which caused the pipe brackets in the wall bust and the pipe drops like 5 inches. meanwhile the DI is still screaming and probably couldn't hear the thing break over his yelling. At this point it's like dude we're smoking, we're in the freaking wall, we've broke the plumbing, we've pulled the whole access door frame off the wall, and I'm sure it's flooding the downstairs doing untold damage to something.

No flooding so just a broke bracket thank god. who knows what would have happened when the dude came to fix the busted pipe.

3 of us smoked with the guys who were prior until the class instructor turned us in. I guess those fresh uniforms stand out too much. LOL, DI was pretty cool about it, just said if you do it don't get caught and don't let it happen again.

Those were the days
    RIMP and krazynavybiker like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran LeDean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tregs View Post
    I looked up Bootcamp rules and all tobacco products are strictly forbidden (cigs, chew, snuff etc...) but nowhere does it mention nicotine being forbidden. so i have a question for miltiary vapers, did you vape during bootcamp and was your drill instructor cool with it?
    Definitely not. If pain is weakness leaving the body...prepare to be stronger than you've ever been.

Note: They even took my Dentist-prescribed fluoride mouthwash from me.
    Last edited by LeDean; 03-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.

From my experience, (ft benning ga 2005) it is best to just go with the clothes on your back, a manila folder, your wallet and an empty backpack (for putting your stuff in once you go through cif).... all the stuff your recruiter told you to bring is useless because you are just going to have to lug it around with you as you move from reception to basic and mos training.. we didn't mail anything home when i was there but all items we brought were inspected and anything nicotine or tobacco related was off-limits and it was highly recommended you drop all contraband in the amnesty box or face the consequences... in ds speak.... it would behoove you to listen....
    oldsoldier likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran chemsoldier83's Avatar

No way its allowed

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock Ruml View Post
    Wowsers, for a minute I thought I was gonna have to snip the blue wire, no wait red, no crap hold on ECF is gonna blow!
    SUPADUPA1 and oldbikeguy like this.

lol that is the greatest pv ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock Ruml View Post

i would love to be beside the guy who carried that pv into the ag unit ...ohhhhh it would be great..... the only thing that would come close is when one of my battles told the d.s. "you cant smoke a rock" during phase 1 of ait.... before that i guess he thought he was a rock .... there were 8 d.s.'s and the 1sg making sure his corrective training was more than adequate in adjusting his way of thinking.... it went on for 8 plus hours... he even bear crawled/ crab walked to the defac for pm chow.... the best part is that there was a diagnostic pt test the next day.... he failed it and for the next 2 weeks he was on 2 a day pt for remedial training....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast