So can you vape during bootcamp?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: So can you vape during bootcamp?

Default So can you vape during bootcamp?

I looked up Bootcamp rules and all tobacco products are strictly forbidden (cigs, chew, snuff etc...) but nowhere does it mention nicotine being forbidden. so i have a question for miltiary vapers, did you vape during bootcamp and was your drill instructor cool with it?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You or whomever we are talking about will not be allowed to vape during bootcamp. The first thing they do when you get to basic is have you put everything you came with into a box to be shipped back home, right down to your underwear.
    Last edited by Chief Cuzzo; 07-31-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

a drill instructor letting you have an inkling of happiness? i think not.

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran Murdock Ruml's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iknow in the air force basic training it would not be allowed. They have put it in the same class as tobacco.
    CrossXFire likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Really one of the goals of basic training is to break you of all your "bad" habits. The cool thing is, you are so busy in basic training you forget about wanting a Cig. Every minute of every day is planned out for you. I can only speak for Navy basic training, but the division commanders are given a "red book" that has hour by hour what you will be doing for each and every day you are in training, so very little down time exists.

The trick is, not going to the exchange the day you get out to get that pack of smokes you have not really been missing that much for the last 8 weeks. But you will find that most do, and pick right back up where they left off. I know I did!

GL,

Chief

Senior Member ECF Veteran

You won't be allowed anything that wasn't either a) issued ot you at CIF or b) purchased at the PX/BX under the watchful eyes of several drill instructors.
    This is only based upon my own experience with Tanker OSUT training at Knox. Which sucked hard because my platoon's senior DI wife left him right at the beginning of our cycle.
    We stayed in RED phase the entire 16 weeks. Imagine if your basic training was 16 weeks instead of 9 and you have a clue as to what life was like then.
    But at least it taught us that in order to have what the other platoons around us were having we would have to learn to lie, cheat, and steal to get it. Thanks, Army. Good job there.

You're not going to have ANYTHING you like during boot camp, period. No chewing gum, no candy bars, nothing.

The first thing the entire lot of us at the airport in Louisville did on our way to our individual assignements? Buy a pack of smokes and get really sick.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Marianna Florida,( in the woods) I'M A GIRL!!

Quote Originally Posted by adam.phillips View Post
    Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

What ever happened to smoke em if ya got em? OMG, I'd have to kill some of the others during basic When we got a pass we'd go to the px and eat candy bars and drink cokes We LOVED it after doing a road march or something difficult/stressful to get the "smoke em" call
    cherrycakes, dahlialady and Navy20 like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Think I had a flash back after reading that

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I went to basic about 3 years ago and I smoked every single day in the bathroom and the 7 drill sergeants never noticed... or if they did they did not told anything.
    RIMP and rwechsler like this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast