vapeing in a government building - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: vapeing in a government building

i guess signs posted are there because military members have done it before lol
    Toy list. Copper Penny Mod [clone], 454 Bigblock[clone], Nautilus, and VTR[broken]

Full Member Verified Member Oakman_Smalls's Avatar

This all depends on your command until a reg comes down concerning vaping. Trust me its coming. My guess is its gunna be just like tobacco products. But in the same token everyone dips indoors and thats against the tobacco regs so still gunna be up to ur chain of command. The 1 star we fall under this deployment doesnt care that we vape in the command center. Boss!!! All my COC doesnt care but were infantry so were better than everyone else and we know it! (just kidding)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Oakman_Smalls View Post
    This all depends on your command until a reg comes down concerning vaping. Trust me its coming. My guess is its gunna be just like tobacco products. But in the same token everyone dips indoors and thats against the tobacco regs so still gunna be up to ur chain of command. The 1 star we fall under this deployment doesnt care that we vape in the command center. Boss!!! All my COC doesnt care but were infantry so were better than everyone else and we know it! (just kidding)
    Oh yeah, gotta enjoy the camaraderie of a combat arms unit.

Full Member Verified Member Oakman_Smalls's Avatar

LOL i was waiting for the butt hurt to ensue. Thank god it was a lazy tanker reading it first. Just kidding Im in a mech unit so I'm pretty close to some of u mustache having animals

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Oakman_Smalls View Post
    LOL i was waiting for the butt hurt to ensue. Thank god it was a lazy tanker reading it first. Just kidding Im in a mech unit so I'm pretty close to some of u mustache having animals
    Us Tankers are very lazy, thank you mentioning that.

Death before Dismount
    Oakman_Smalls likes this.

I should be going to bed so I am not going to read the next 10 pages. As the saying goes, Do what your stripes can handle. I would hide it from most people though. I would also keep taking a 'smoke break.' The short walk helps to get your blood pumping!

I am sure someone has said this already though since this thread was started more than 2 years ago. Wow.

I vape in my office all the time, nobody says anything about it.

Up until around Halloween of last year vaping was allowed in our Fleet Readiness Center, but not anymore. They have sent out emails saying that it will be "treated as a tobacco product and must be used outside at designated areas".

Yet, people that chew or dip can still get away with it in the work center even though in that same LCP it says they should be going outside too....

Full Member ECF Veteran Thalinor's Avatar

Just like on public transportation its all about not drawing attention to yourself. I usually mix up some special ejuice specifically for this purpose. The ejuice I make is higher level nicotine than I normally use, has less flavor [if any] and is entirely PG. I use a 3.0 ohm atomizer with a small PV like my Super T 10440 which looks like a pen. While I do not get a huge throat hit, it produces enough [nearly invisible] vapor to get my nicotine fix. If I feel the throat hit, I assume there will be visible vapor and exhale slowly or into my shirt/pullover.

The key is to act like you are doing nothing wrong instead of looking guilty, don't do it around people who you know to be a problem, don't show off, don't use the PV's that look like analog cigs, don't blow plumbs of vapor, and realize that the more flavor you add the more people will smell that flavor. I don't know why but there are some people who can't understand the word "discretion"; it's these few people who ruin it for everyone. It shouldn't be anyones business as long as you don't make it their business.

If you get caught don't act like an idiot, explain its an inhaler for dispensing medical nicotine and that you are using it because you have quit smoking. Play up the fact you are going healthy and how long it has been since you have smoked, and how you will never start again. Throw in how much cigarette smoke makes you feel like garbage and how you now hate the smell. Usually the people who are against vaping hate smokers, love to hear you quit, and even more that you have joined their cause against smoking. Personally I could care less about analogs [though as an x smoker the smell is not something I now enjoy] however when facing angry anti-smokers questioning you about what you are doing with an ecig it usually works to your benefit to play along.
    I Recommend: Atmomixani & Super T Manufacturing. My Equipment: Nemesis, Super T P+10440 & S14500, Vamo V4, Omega, Silver Bullet(s), BB & USB Pass, Protege & USB Pass.

I'll be at fort sill getting some good'ol ADA training and I'm curious if anybody has any ideas if I'll be allowed to vape I know in the bay or dorms or wherever they house is I should've fine but as far as just out and about is what I wanna know about

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast