vapeing in a government building - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: vapeing in a government building

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Looting government buildings in a town near U!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sppowers View Post
    What it all comes down to it the command you work with and what they allow. I used to vape in my hospital in Yokosuka with a few fellow hospitalmen when they banned smoking in uniform, my chief and commanding officer commended us on finding a healthier alternative. I have heard of some commands banning vaping but a lot of these things depend on your commanding officer.
    Man I miss Japan, I was on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV63) when she was in Yoko. Sept. 01 - Nov. 04

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by krazynavybiker View Post
    Man I miss Japan, I was on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV63) when she was in Yoko. Sept. 01 - Nov. 04
    Oh man I heard horror stories about the KH when I was there, were you all as crazy as the tales say? haha
    HM3 Powers,Shaun
    パワーズ ショーン

Full Member ECF Veteran

I vape at my desk. I've been doing it for so long now that everyone in the office no longer cares. The key is, don't bring attention to yourself. I don't do it when there the office is full of people, and I never do it when anyone from supervision is around. They may have caught me a time or two, but they see I'm not openly blowing vapor to attract attention. In the past two years I've been vaping, I have not been given an outright "NO" and intend to keep it that way. Nothing is worse than getting up to go outside when you could be working at your desk staying productive.
    Borescoped likes this.

Just getting into vaping and I'm pretty sure I is already covered by an AF AFI that it can only be done in a designated smoking area. If I got time at work today I'll look it up. Thanks for what all of you do or did in the military though.
    Borescoped likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sppowers View Post
    Oh man I heard horror stories about the KH when I was there, were you all as crazy as the tales say? haha
    Yeah it was BAAAAAAD!!!!!

Blog Entries

I work on a Navy base where they handle ordnance and all sailors are banned from the use of e-cig on and off duty. Needless to say as a civilian ( 10 year Veteran technically ) I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center
    elited and Borescoped like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran swest31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olfajarley View Post
    I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center
    Don't you love government logic?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

the government policy on logic is:
    If it makes sense, it's wrong.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm a contractor with a government agency. I vape stealthily in the restroom, and in my cubby/office, where I usually have a fan going anyway. Those who know me well applaud the not smoking, and don't bother me except to say that smells good.

I just don't flaunt it, and figure its easier to ask forgiveness than bring it up and have a ban made clear.

GGTS/UFS, Helix, ProVari, Darwin, Zen Mini, Zen Standard, Sidewinder

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by olfajarley View Post
    I work on a Navy base where they handle ordnance and all sailors are banned from the use of e-cig on and off duty. Needless to say as a civilian ( 10 year Veteran technically ) I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center
    Banned from E-cigs off duty? What official instruction are the looking at that says people can't use a E-cig off duty? My flight surgeon a Navy O6 applauded me for kicking analogs and picking up a PV since the patch, gum and the pill did nothing.

Bremerton, WA man I hated that place. I was on the Carl Vinson when she was up there back in 97.
    Borescoped likes this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast