vapeing in a government building - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: vapeing in a government building

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krazynavybiker View Post
    Banned from E-cigs off duty? What official instruction are the looking at that says people can't use a E-cig off duty?
    I got no clue what instruction.....and the official part is the CO making it so. Since I have got out I have been saying "The best thing I ever did in my life was join the Navy the next best thing I did was get out". It decisions like this that make it hard for people to stay in

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Looting government buildings in a town near U!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olfajarley View Post
    I got no clue what instruction.....and the official part is the CO making it so. Since I have got out I have been saying "The best thing I ever did in my life was join the Navy the next best thing I did was get out". It decisions like this that make it hard for people to stay in
    That's just sad. I even vape in my work space on the ship with no problem. My Chain of Command thinks it's great I gave up cigs.
    Last edited by krazynavybiker; 01-29-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added more text
    Borescoped likes this.

Blog Entries

I get that people don't know about e-cigs......what bothers me is that, they don't want to know, and make decisions without information. Not just "The Navy" in my case, but congressmen and politicians. Washington state is trying to get e-cigs to conform to the same standards a tobacco. You watch its only a matter of time before liquid nicotine is taxed, and it will be at the distributor level so it won't matter if you buy on line or at a brick and mortar store ....it will all be expensive
    budynbuick and Borescoped like this.

My unit for the USAR doesn't like it in the building but where I work for the DOD doesn't mind... as others has said, let me do it at work and I'll get a LOT more work done!!!!
    krazynavybiker and Borescoped like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran swest31's Avatar

My immediate supervisor don't mind, but I don't walk done the middle of the hallway showing it off neither.
    krazynavybiker and Borescoped like this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Discretion is key, IMO. I'm an Army NCO in a joint office where I have several sailors who work in my area. One of them is a smoker and is interested in picking up a PV because of our discussions about them. I vape at my desk but discreetly. Fortunately, my office is enclosed so nosey people can't see me. I haven't seen any instructions or regulations that prohibit it. If someone tells me I can't do it, they're going to have to gear up for a serious argument because I'm a paralegal NCO in the JAG corps and my specific duty pertains to military justice. The government's prohibitions are using "tobacco" products in government buildings. These aren't "tobacco" products.
    chillywilllee and Borescoped like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Semiretired's Avatar

I work periodically at a government installation (note: Semiretired). I vape at my desk and outside in the smoking area - actually a few yards from it. Since I vape coffee flavors and drink coffee no one notices - I exhale towards the floor...
    swest31 and Borescoped like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran swest31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Semiretired View Post
    - I exhale towards the floor...
    I'm the same way. I found that Liberty Flights Fireball just smells like a cinnamon air freshner, but taste just like the candy.
    krazynavybiker likes this.

Being a senior NCO in the Army, MI Corps, has been interesting. As a PLT SGT, I never hesitated to vape in my office. Deployed, I was in an international joint environment. I educated alot of people about it and discretely vaped. Now though, I'm at an Air Force Base. AF does have prohibitions making it equivalent to smoking policies. Generally still work in and around Army personnel, but more discreet than ever. Alot of times just holding it in until there is no vapor left to exhale. I do that on flights too, just so that there is no question. I use the V3 from puresmoker so it doesn't "look" like an e-cig and most assume it is some type of inhaler and never bother to ask. If they do, I tell them exactly what it is and they are really surprised.
    Borescoped likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I vape every work day in a government building. Of course I work night shift and there are only 3 or 4 other people in the building with me, but when I worked 2nd shift, I vaped openly.
    Borescoped likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast