vapeing in a government building - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: vapeing in a government building

Full Member Verified Member

I've been vaping in the Air Force for about 8 months now. As I understand it, The Air Force classifies PVs as tobacco products, and limits their use to "designated tobacco use areas." I work flightline, so there's always lots of people everywhere, and it's not worth the risk of the wrong person seeing me using it in the wrong place, so I just conform. I would be nice to see the branches make a more informed decision however. I do think that the overall health related costs of members' tobacco use could be lowered by incentivizing the use of PVs. One easy way to do that would be to allow them indoors.
    Borescoped likes this.

I vape inside everyday. The only thing I have gotten is a second look from time to time when they first see it(to make sure it's not an analog). There is only one order(USMC)so far and it's a base order in Virginia banning use of pv's inside. My SNCO said he has no prob w it. Many dip inside an this is far less offensive.

Jared
    andyman97 and Borescoped like this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hartj View Post
    I vape inside everyday. The only thing I have gotten is a second look from time to time when they first see it(to make sure it's not an analog). There is only one order(USMC)so far and it's a base order in Virginia banning use of pv's inside. My SNCO said he has no prob w it. Many dip inside an this is far less offensive.

Jared
    That's great. To me, it's common sense. Even if I didn't vape, I'd let my Soldiers vape indoors. The only exception is customer service and the appearance of professionalism.
    Borescoped likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Me and a couple other my Brothers vape indoors all the time..... My 1SG doesn't mind it, Although it's in the SF Community where certain standards can be a little lax.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I vape in my office occasionally. I work in the G-8 and have an office to myself so there's nobody to watch me anyway. I actually like to get away from my computer so I normally head outside to hang out...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I know this is a little bit of a dead one, but I vape sitting in the basement of the Pentagon a lot, granted there is only two of us in the office most of the time, and it is manned 24-7 so when your solo your solo...
    Borescoped likes this.

Navy working with USAF SF and I do vape at my desk however I have been told about the AFI that states it is considered a tobacco product. The TSgt that I work with does not care but he has warned me about the SMSGT. When he is in the building I just go to the smoke pit
    Borescoped likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krazynavybiker View Post
    Coming up fast for me, 3 more years if I don't pick up E-7
    I recently picked up PFC - Proud Free Civilian

Used to smoke a cig-a-like in our comm warehouse and at the office. Got a weird look from the Commander when he stopped by, but not sure if it was the ecig or the IBC Root Beer bottle that he couldn't see the label on... or the ashtray I kept on my desk for novelty and to have a place for the ecig to rest. Come to think of it, I wasn't a very good airman. Oh, well.
    Borescoped likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadbeans View Post
    Navy working with USAF SF and I do vape at my desk however I have been told about the AFI that states it is considered a tobacco product. The TSgt that I work with does not care but he has warned me about the SMSGT. When he is in the building I just go to the smoke pit
    They published an AFI about it? Wow... that's far quicker than I'm used to seeing regs come out on anything. Especially considering it took HOW long to get ABUs into 36-2903.
    Borescoped likes this.

I vape in our SCIF currently while deployed, but I have no clue how well it will go over back in garrison.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast