Attention USAF Members - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Attention USAF Members

I was in the USAF for 26 years--worked in the hospital.

What is the "Health and Wellness Center" It is NOT the hospital and should never be confused as such. The 32.5 inch waist thing, ergo cycle testing and that sort of thing would never be condoned by an actual doctor--so you have the HAWC for the AF mouth piece. A doctor can over rule a base commander (and have) so the HAWC is there to be a simulation of something. For doctors, it's medicine first and the AF second (or third or forth or...) so not a reliable mouth piece.

Relax! It's not real...it is along the lines of those annoying CBT slides you click as fast as you can to get through--and learn nothing. An
    X in the box... All part of the game I played for 26 years, you'll laugh looking back on it eventually.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceIsLoose View Post
    All part of the game I played for 26 years, you'll laugh looking back on it eventually.
    Perhaps, but it's just this sort of tripe that gives vaping a bad name. If they can write such ill-informed nonsense, we should have the right of rebutal.

I went into a chemist to pick up a prescription and got talking to him about my PV. This is a man that smokers might talk to about NRT's. He didn't know *anything* about 'e-cigs' except that they contained "anti-freeze". And that's from a chemist with about 5 years of university education.

I'm not laughing.
    Chris, Fidalgo of Fabrication, Viscount of Vapeonly, Duke of Downunder.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

OK, trying again, just for giggles.

Clicked the Contact Us link. Selected recipient as HAWK. Added the following:

Name: Chris Robinson

email: [email protected]

Subject: Article: Different product, same results:

Your message:
    Hi, I have written comments about the gross innaccuracies in the article 'Different product, same results: Air Force aims to curtail electronic cigarette use' on the Nellis Air Force Base website.

I am fairly sure that you would have received other comments on this article too, because it is innacurate and mis-informed. Are you able to tell me why those comments are being ignored?

Would it be possible to post some of the comments to give a more balanced view of this subject?

Thanks,
    Chris Robinson
    ex Lbdr 131 DivLoc Bty, AAR retired
    Denyse likes this.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    OK, trying again, just for giggles.

Clicked the Contact Us link. Selected recipient as HAWK. Added the following:
    Probably would be better to select Public Affairs from the list since the SSgt in question that wrote the article is assigned to Public Affairs and the comment would go directly to them. (99th Public Affairs Office, Nellis AFB). Just a thought... Not that it will change anything or get a response though.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Could probably find him in the GAL.
    | Brass M16 Clone | #8 | OKR-T/6 | Trident Clone | IGO-L |
    "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

Wow...that article was probably the most misleading and worst-researched thing I've ever read. But remember: "if it makes sense and is smarter/safer, the military will surely not approve." I also tried to post a response (wrote more than the article itself) - keyword tried, as I could not get it through. Convenient coincidence, USAF; touché.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenavides View Post
    Wow...that article was probably the most misleading and worst-researched thing I've ever read. But remember: "if it makes sense and is smarter/safer, the military will surely not approve." I also tried to post a response (wrote more than the article itself) - keyword tried, as I could not get it through. Convenient coincidence, USAF; touché.
    If you try to send it direct to the relevant person responsible you won't get a response either. There are none so blind...

ECF Veteran

"Public Affairs Office" is just another title for spin doctor.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

The Bug Man Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jShipp View Post
    So last week on my bases public site they posted this story that is filled with ridiculous and bad facts so I emailed the author and am still waiting for a response.

Feature - Different product, same results: Air Force aims to curtail electronic cigarette use

And then this morning I see the article in our base newspaper. What do you guys think about this article? Could a possible vape ban be on the way?

Vape On

Full Member Verified Member gruntybob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I am SO glad I'm retired.
    Lucky...

I wish me and my wife could duke it out another 10 years for it, but we decided it's not worth it. BTW both maintenance.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast