Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Attention USAF Members

Default Attention USAF Members

So last week on my bases public site they posted this story that is filled with ridiculous and bad facts so I emailed the author and am still waiting for a response.

Feature - Different product, same results: Air Force aims to curtail electronic cigarette use

And then this morning I see the article in our base newspaper. What do you guys think about this article? Could a possible vape ban be on the way?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That story is a joke. If Mrs. Laura Weart had any authority on the topic then I'd figure she should be Dr. Laura Weart. Otherwise she's just another blind sheeple with completely inaccurate info.
    BostonVape likes this.
    | Brass M16 Clone | #8 | OKR-T/6 | Trident Clone | IGO-L |
    "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

Vape ban, unlikely. Im stationed at Travis. Most people seem to be pretty chill with vaping. I have and will never attempt to do it inside however. Most people in my squadron are used to it. I (piddly a1c), and a ssgt vape in the pit. They can giggle about the looks of any device larger than a cigarette, but when they ask how it is, i simply explain in simplified terms and inform them how long i have gone without a smoke. That method seems to work for me at least. I prefer to use a simple ego at work though because i dont want to appear to be toking off a car muffler ..... Appearance (as well as work ethic) is everything in uniform.
    BostonVape, Lopaka79 and Kevin33 like this.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am SO glad I'm retired.

Full Member Verified Member CrossXFire's Avatar

This article disgusted me .-. i wrote a very long response and got "contact a system admin " as an error lol. I AM a system admin. I have a feeling its set up that way so no one can flame the article.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Hats off to our service men/women. With that said, damn I'm glad out of the service. Gawd damn pencil pushers and desk fliers trying to push their ideas of professionalism in my AO. Grab your .... (Full Battle Rattle), rock'n'roll in the box and lets see you complain about my dirty ... boots.

Nothing but love for the men/women in the service who get .... done ground zero.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thedan1284 View Post
    Vape ban, unlikely. Im stationed at Travis. Most people seem to be pretty chill with vaping. I have and will never attempt to do it inside however. Most people in my squadron are used to it. I (piddly a1c), and a ssgt vape in the pit. They can giggle about the looks of any device larger than a cigarette, but when they ask how it is, i simply explain in simplified terms and inform them how long i have gone without a smoke. That method seems to work for me at least. I prefer to use a simple ego at work though because i dont want to appear to be toking off a car muffler ..... Appearance (as well as work ethic) is everything in uniform.
    Should design a tactical e-cig. Wrist mounted / wrist-watch. Or duct-tape Ego to a camel-pak tube.
    Kenavides, Thedan1284 and Kevin33 like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrossXFire View Post
    This article disgusted me .-. i wrote a very long response and got "contact a system admin " as an error lol. I AM a system admin. I have a feeling its set up that way so no one can flame the article.
    I managed to get comment through!

An email has been sent to you to confirm your comment.
    COMMENT RULES:

Comment on this news story by using the comment box below. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Content managers may edit them for grammar and length. While we encourage an open and back and forth dialog between our site visitors, content managers reserve the right to not publish comments that are considered personal attacks or insults. Messages that advertise a product, group or web site will not be posted.

We require a valid e-mail address to complete the process. However, we will not publish the e-mail address. If you are looking for a response to a question please use our feedback page to contact us. Click on the link on the footer of this page that says "Contact Us".

The opinions expressed in the following comments do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Air Force.
    I clicked the link to confirm the email. It wasn't much of a comment since I wasn't going to write a book if it wasn't going to go through - mainly slammed the misleading information
    Electronic cigarettes work by inserting a tobacco cartridge in a specialized cigarette shaped tube
    and said that personal vaporisers should be encouraged, not lumped in with the tobacco smoking.

It did refuse to take the comment at first, saying I couldn't use any HTML in the comment. Huh, I didn't use HTML, just a couple of brackets. I took the brackets out and tried again and it worked! Write your comments, and send em in. You'll get the confirmation email. We'll see what happens and how many of the comments get OK'd and posted.

Good Luck!

(No I'm not a US citizen, and not currently serving. I left that merry-go-round about ten years ago. I just think if one county's service starts to treat PVs like cigarettes they will all start doing it, and I think all of our men and women deserve much better than that.)
    Chris, Fidalgo of Fabrication, Viscount of Vapeonly, Duke of Downunder.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well I to am glad I retired. I do still work on the bases in my area. That article in question though is full of bad information. The liquid is made of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, and flavorings. Laughed my a z z off at the part that stated we could be vaping battery acid. And this Nitrosamine stuff they mentioned? Our e-cigs should be glowing green radioactive devices from the way they make it sound. LOL Maybe we should be using them as weapons instead of a "Safer alternative to Smoking". What a crock.....

Edit: I posted a response to the article also. You could definately tell the intent of the article was geared more as a scare tactic about use of nicotine than anything factual about e-cig/vaporizer use.
    Last edited by SpEcTReCHieF; 04-14-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Supporting Member

I can almost guarantee that none of your responses will be posted. My husband is currently deployed but that article irritated me so much I linked it to him immediately and it also irritated him. He sat down and wrote a very long response which has been ignored for almost a month now. So I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that they have no intention of letting the inaccuracies in that article be brought to light. It's so very frustrating!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast